Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 274954 times)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #585 on: June 08, 2009, 09:35:27 PM »
And I am sure Micky will answer that while he is still coach at skunkville.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #586 on: June 08, 2009, 10:16:12 PM »
On One's OWAAT they had Mick as now equal favourite with Campbell at $4 with the bookies to become our coach next year.

Malthouse   $4
Campbell     $4
Buckley       $7
Hardwick     $12
Hinkley       $12

Rawlings    $26
Sheedy      $51

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #587 on: June 08, 2009, 10:24:19 PM »
Any reports on tonights show would be great as I normally tape it at about 12.30am but the 20-20 cricket is on instead. :thumbsup
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #588 on: June 08, 2009, 11:02:13 PM »
•   Caro says Richmond picked right person (Rawlings) to coach but believes he won’t be there next year.
•   Thommo impressed with Rawlings decisiveness
•   Caro thinks we need someone younger to coach – Hinkley Cameron Hardwick
•   Thommo go for older experienced coach.
•    Lyon get rid of selfishness – pointed out mcmahon not covering for lids, we don’t cover for each other we seem to make deals to cover then do not, stating McMahon again will not have teammates trust.
•   Malthouse on next

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #589 on: June 08, 2009, 11:09:25 PM »
Thanks CUB, great stuff.. :thumbsup

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #590 on: June 08, 2009, 11:21:04 PM »
•   Malthouse went over today’s game with the panel, worked hard to get list together bla bla getting games into younger players, play senior players and interchange the young players through the team
•   Caro says do you expect to be there next year
•   Malthouse doesn’t worry about that stuff.
•   Caro asked if he was proud of what he achieved if it ended this year. Malthouse doesn’t base it on premierships but Stability cut the list in 2003 cause they knew they were no good, put club in position of strength
•   Are you tempted to coach your former club,  not even interested in talking about that (surprise surprise)
•   Is it a good time to coach Richmond, Malthouse says it is, but doesn’t worry that at this stage.
•   At the end of the year will worry/think about those sort of things.
•   Is coaching a young mans game was a question, Mick thinks more experience the better.
•   Asked opinion on Buckley as coach, he says there are riders on everyone.
•   Bourke Cloke and Hart were long term good players that didn’t make it.
•   Jeans played 66 games and did.
•   Still thinks Bucks will be a good coach but still there is riders.
•   600th game for Mick next week

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #591 on: June 08, 2009, 11:23:11 PM »
Cheers CUB  :cheers. I did a summary as well

* Caro is happy with the caretaker choice of Jade but she added Rawlings won't be coach for long. He's not a contender for the full-time position.

* Thomas had heard Rawlings about a month ago during a quarter break huddle and he said Jade was very impressive in that situation. Decisive and gives clear instructions to the players. He'll be learning on the job but he's been given a great opportunity.

* They replayed March on MMM Saturday saying the selection processes weren't right when selecting Wallace and not all of the Board were involved. Caro said of course it wasn't as it was a Casey and Miller decision. Even those who were happy with the choice of Wallace were uncomfortable with the process.

* Caro ws asked by Hutchy who she wants to coach Richmond. She said as a footy lover who wants Richmond to do well the Tigers should go for a younger coach and not go back to a Malthouse or Matthews. Thomas questioned whether a young coach could handle a volatile club like Richmond and Caro responded by saying the club's not volatile like before and there's stability at Board level. She likes what she hears about Hardwick, Hinkley and Leon Cameron and given it worked at Hawthorn with Clarkson why not go down that path.

* Caro mentioned the playing group has a massive culture problem and those responsible for it won't be there next year.

* As an example Gary showed McMahon making a deal in the backline with Lids that Jordie would mind Picken freeing up Lids. In the very next play Jordie didn't hold up his part of the deal and Picken goaled with Lids 50m off Picken. Gary said it's systematic of a selfish playing group who won't work for each other and break deals on the field. You lose faith in your teammates when they do that. Why should I do my part if my teammate doesn't hold up his. Compare that to Collingwood who always work for each other. He's not making excuses for Deledio as he had a shocker but McMahon really let Deledio down in that instance.

* Malthouse said the Richmond job isn't an issue. He's happy at Collingwood. Hutchy asked if it'll be a good job to coach Richmond? Mick said it'll be a good job for someone. Hutchy then asked if you weren't coaching Collingwood would you consider it? Mick said he's not going to talk or worry about until the end of the year. It (Richmond job) obviously bothers other people but it doesn't bother him.

* Thomas asked Mick if you aren't coaching next year what would will you do? Mick said he hasn't given a thought what happens beyond Oct 31 when his contract runs out. He then added except for the IR job.

* On Bucks -- what you see as a player is what you get a person. No doubt he'll be a good coach but the question will be can he handle the other things involved in coaching - getting on with players, handling imperfection, etc. Mick brought up he played with 3 of the greatest players at Richmond - Francis Bourke, KB and Royce Hart - and all 3 didn't last more than 3-4 years as a coach. Allan Jeans played 66 games and is a coaching legend.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #592 on: June 08, 2009, 11:26:05 PM »
Do a lot better job than the CUB one eye  :thumbsup

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #593 on: June 08, 2009, 11:30:07 PM »
Thanks to both of you guys, feels like I watched the show... :bow

"Rucks:

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #594 on: June 09, 2009, 07:20:51 AM »
Most interesting thing I heard Mick say and it was a blink and you'll miss it comment was when talking about whether he'd been a success at Collingwood.

When he was tlaking about the stability thing he siad one of the first things he is responsible for is to ensure that the senior coach position is respected. Caro then jumped in and asked something so nothing else was said on that.. I thought it was an interesting thing to say and I was disappointed he wasn't allowed to finish the rest of that

Damn you Caro  ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #595 on: June 09, 2009, 07:37:54 PM »
The players need to respect the senior coach that's for sure and have believe in his message.

* Caro mentioned the playing group has a massive culture problem and those responsible for it won't be there next year.

* As an example Gary showed McMahon making a deal in the backline with Lids that Jordie would mind Picken freeing up Lids. In the very next play Jordie didn't hold up his part of the deal and Picken goaled with Lids 50m off Picken. Gary said it's systematic of a selfish playing group who won't work for each other and break deals on the field. You lose faith in your teammates when they do that. Why should I do my part if my teammate doesn't hold up his. Compare that to Collingwood who always work for each other. He's not making excuses for Deledio as he had a shocker but McMahon really let Deledio down in that instance.
The lack of shepherding sticks out too as another sign of selfishness. Not that it was enforced at training as part of the gameplan under Terry  :P. An attitude of once I don't the ball anymore then stuff protecting my teammate  :banghead.

Not sure how Caro can say those responsible for the poor culture won't be around next year when a few of them are contracted for next year and have zero trade value.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #596 on: June 09, 2009, 08:20:57 PM »
As long as the stink plays at Coburg and has no chance to penetrate into the senior squad that will do me. Then bye bye and off to the suburban leagues.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #597 on: June 15, 2009, 10:22:22 PM »
Caro, Hutchy, Lyon and Cornflakes coming on in 10 minutes.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #598 on: June 15, 2009, 10:57:17 PM »
Any reports would be greatly appreciated again because the cricket is on so we don't get the show again.

"Rucks:

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #599 on: June 16, 2009, 12:14:48 AM »
Brief Summary

* Jackson - Caro mentioned Jacko has had many scalps as a tagger and given he was given a one-year contract extension at the start of the year he is making the most of it to fight for his career. Hutchy believes Jacko will get a new 2-year deal in the coming (2?) weeks.

* Tambling's last month - Caro said Tambling has been great and would be in a team of the month based on his past 4 weeks. Lyon didn't seem too impressed as he commented that Richie would've been in the VFL team of the month after the first month because he was dropped and the game on Saturday night would've been great to play in it was so lacklustre. Caro agreed the Eagles were poor especially in the first quarter. Thomas said he's now working a lot harder, influencing games and sparking the Tigers especially early on in games. All of Richie's stats have gone up dramatically in the last month including his disposal accuracy.

R1-8    R9-12
Disposals (avg):     18       25
Contested poss.      4         6
Disp. Accuracy       73%    86%

* Cousins - I think it was Lyon who brought up that other clubs would be interested in getting Cuz next year. Caro replied that given all Richmond has gone through in getting Cousins and dealing with all that went with him it would be highly unlikely that Cousins wouldn't be a Tiger next year. Lyon said he's just putting out there that other clubs would be interested.

They also showed Cuz giving a wry smile at the changeroom camera as he walked by.