Author Topic: Footy Classified  (Read 266279 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Footy Classified
« on: April 16, 2007, 10:39:59 PM »
Caro says only 3 clubs haven't made the finals in the past 5 years and Miller's been at Richmond 5 years so she wants to see if Greg will take any responsibility for it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 04:45:31 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Footy Classified
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 11:15:26 PM »
* Caro said we're further from than flag than when he first arrived. Miller said that remark is ridiculous. We've got a premiership team off the field. We've got a stable footy club. March and Wright are doing a great job. We've got a new batch of players.

* Caro says the senior players Sugar, Bowden, Richo, Browny and others rolled their eyes at the ninth prediction in Wallace's presentation. What about us. Miller said Plough was very clear with the players when he showed them. There's a short term and a mid term strategy. The media treated the midterm 2011 stuff as short term. Wallace is perhaps too honest and it backfired in the media.

* Richo - we as a club haven't given Richo the resources to help him. Now we are - Schulz, Pettifer, Browny. Carey agreed with Miller. Can't pin the hope of the club on one player. A champion kicks 700 goals.

* Lost 3 narrow games. Senior players out of form. Simple as that.

* We're sticking the long-term plan we have. 3 losses, the media, a small section of upset supporters won't change that.

* Probably Wallace's last time writing about the dogs. We don't want the verbal fighting.

* His Roos shares are with a Bob Ansett trust so he has nothing to do with them.

* They went through the dud recruits - Fleming, Nicholls and co. Blamed it soley on our lack of finances. Young players need to be signed for 2 years plus transfer fees. A recycled player without transfer fees is just on the minimum wage. They were taken based purely on lack of finances.

* Caro then mentioned Kingsley and that then we must believe him to be a wanted player. Miller said they got him while our youngsters develop. 

* Talked about Caro's article about Wayne Johnson. Miller wasn't happy about it. Caro sticking her belief he shouldn't be our runner.

* Tambling vs Buddy argument. All just entering their 3rd year so ridiculous to write players off. Tambling will be a very good player. We're just starting to see the best of him. Indigenous boys take longer. Why didn't the dogs take Buddy or Hawthorn with their 1st pick. We got Deledio as well.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 11:28:52 PM »
Miller also got stuck into Smorgon about getting into the Roos when he was there and said Smorgon would say he wouldn't do things the Roos would do then do them a year later anyway. Miller said that's the type of bloke Smorgon is.

Greg wasn't a happy camper tonight especially with Caro. The old best form of defence is attack.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 12:25:38 AM »
Good on Caro for pegging Miller  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 05:04:37 AM »
Caro asked the questions Richmond supporters would have wanted asked but once Miller gave an answer she had no follow up ones so she had to move onto the next topic. There was no love lost between the two. She did pull out a quote of Miller's from 3-4 years ago stating supporters would have to be patient for 3-4 years. Miller used our current stable off-field position as evidence that the Club had made big forward strives. What helped Miller was Carey in his corner to offset Caro. Lyon only asked about Richo and Hutchy was practically useless.   

letsgetiton!

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 07:31:19 AM »
miller looked like a nervous lying pr ick

dont trust a thing he says, and he referred the kangas as "us" 3 or 4 times

so we have a coach still in love with the dogs, a director of football who has shares in and still loves the kangas....where does this end

and by teh way, miler also lied in the paper, he said he replied to every email!! what a liar he did not reply to mine and i asked many questions similar to caro and asked many re/ players positions and game plan. he never replied and the liar says in the paper he replied to all his emails.

miller f off, you lied through ur teeth on the prpgram last night and no one trusts you

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 10:05:57 AM »
* They went through the dud recruits - Fleming, Nicholls and co. Blamed it soley on our lack of finances. Young players need to be signed for 2 years plus transfer fees. A recycled player without transfer fees is just on the minimum wage. They were taken based purely on lack of finances.

Couldn't they have picked duds, that weren't as duddy as these guys?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 01:07:42 PM »
and by teh way, miler also lied in the paper, he said he replied to every email!! what a liar he did not reply to mine and i asked many questions similar to caro and asked many re/ players positions and game plan. he never replied and the liar says in the paper he replied to all his emails.

Did you send it to his email or general enquires? Because the latter is like a black hole. Emails go in but nothing comes out  ;)

I didn't think Miller looked nervous. He always looks like that lol. More like he held those sitting in front of him apart from Carey with contempt. He had the angry pills last night and attacked each question he didn't care for.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 01:17:40 PM »
First time I've watched it - didn't get home until late and flicked on the box for a few minuted and there it was.

I didn't think Miller looked nervous at all.

More like he held those sitting in front of him apart from Carey with contempt. He had the angry pills last night and attacked each question he didn't care for.

Gotta agree with you there  ;D It was actually quite funny to watch to be honest.

dont trust a thing he says, and he referred the kangas as "us" 3 or 4 times

Gee I reckon your grasping at straws there X - he said "us" - big bloody deal! When I was younger and didn't have a stuffed shoulder and back I played cricket. Because of geography I ended up playing for 3 different Clubs - when I talk about any of the 3 clubs and the games played, the team etc I use the term "we" - because that's what is was a "we" situation. You don't think other people say it  :-\
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 02:11:21 PM »
Like the royal "We" - "we are not amused!"

letsgetiton!

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 02:59:33 PM »

Did you send it to his email or general enquires? Because the latter is like a black hole. Emails go in but nothing comes out  ;)

I didn't think Miller looked nervous. He always looks like that lol. More like he held those sitting in front of him apart from Carey with contempt. He had the angry pills last night and attacked each question he didn't care for.

i sent it to his email mt, i also have his mobile number . in the past miller has returned various emails, but this time no cigar

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 03:17:18 PM »

i sent it to his email mt, i also have his mobile number . in the past miller has returned various emails, but this time no cigar
Then perhaps you should ring him... then he has to answer your questions  ::)
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Moi

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2007, 04:16:55 PM »
He replied to mine lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2007, 04:54:30 PM »
I said to him today well done last night Greg and he chuckled in a embarrased "turn it up" way lol.

Ox

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2007, 05:29:57 PM »
I like Miller for what he has been for us during a time when things were tragic.

Part of the job is to spin doctor.

LMAOO@ Being honest about stuff to a pack of headhunting ferals - AS IF !!!