Author Topic: Umpiring today/ Sugar will cop a fine/ RFC cops $7,500 fine  (Read 5857 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Umpiring today/ Sugar will cop a fine/ RFC cops $7,500 fine
« on: April 28, 2007, 06:02:36 PM »
Johnno will cop a fine over bagging the umps today in the aftermatch press conference. He said he wants the holding the ball rule clarified because Eagle players were simply dropping the ball whenever we tackled them. That was true but big brother forbids any criticism of the umpires  ::). Sugar said he had talk to the umps at half time but it didn't improve in his opinion. Wallace had to cut Sugar off but saying let's now talk about the game.

I'm glad Sugar spoke out. Something needs to be said about these idiots spoiling a good game. Sure our errors cost us the game but the standard of umpiring today was disgraceful. Inconsistent plus  >:(. Why bring back a ump who has no idea  ::).

« Last Edit: May 03, 2007, 06:34:34 PM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ox

Re: Umpiring today/ Sugar will cop a fine
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 06:32:13 PM »
Most inspiring thing he's done all year.
Well done.

letsgetiton!

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2007, 06:36:40 PM »
well done sugar  :clapping :clapping something had to be said because those maggot bastard mutha f's cost us teh game along with missed set shots and a couple of players who showed today that they dont deserve to wear our jumper

i think tery was smart too and will get a please explain for his comment with the hidden message saying the umpires were on the eagles side whe he said something along the lines of .... there would have been alot of non richmond supporters at the game today who just love watching west coast play!!!!!

well done terry, you outcoached woosha today and no loss is a good loss but today we showed true grit and showed some very good signs!!

we hate losing but today was ok

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2007, 07:03:46 PM »
Just got back and I have never posted it before BUT that umpiring was absolute shizenhousen, you just cant touch the prikx ... NOT HAPPY JAN  :banghead

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2007, 07:49:04 PM »
And while we are handing out these :clapping

a big well done to Jimmy Brayshaw who reported told Danny DUD Frawley to "F" off on air today around half time for Dudley's constant bagging of the Tigers today  :thumbsup

Well done Suga - I'm happy to contribute to any fine - you had the courage to publicly say what everyone at the ground was thinking today  :bow :bow :clapping :clapping

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 08:13:18 PM »
Skipper gets stuck into umpires
by Adam Cooper, AAP

RICHMOND captain Kane Johnson has launched a stinging attack on the performance of the three umpires in Saturday's loss to West Coast at the MCG.

Johnson was clearly annoyed at the performances of Stuart Wenn, Shaun Ryan and Troy Pannell, who awarded the Tigers 13 free kicks to West Coast's 29. He was particularly aggrieved with the umpires' interpretations of the holding the ball rule in the Tigers' 14.15 (99) to 11.10 (76) loss, and accused them of lacking consistency and leaving players confused and frustrated.

Johnson gave the umpires a serve as both sides left the field at half time and then gave them a spray after the game.

"I just had a word to them," Johnson said.

"It was down and out, it was just unbelievable the amount of free kicks they (the Eagles) were getting compared to ours.

"I just mentioned it to them (the umpires) maybe they should have a look at it.

"I'm not sure what it ended up at the end of the game but it was out of whack, I think.

"A lot of the times with the holding the ball rule they were inconsistent and a lot of tackles we put on they (West Coast) were just dropping the ball but they (the umpires) just let it go," he said.

"Then when we did it, they called holding the ball. It just wasn't right.

"I think they've got to have a good look at it and hopefully they get it right next week.

"It's frustrating because sometimes they let it play on and then other times they call it straight away and it's just all over the place.

"I just hope they do get it right because it causes a lot of frustration among the players out on the ground."

Richmond coach Terry Wallace was also critical of the umpires, but was a lot more cryptic when he said: "I thought most people at the game who were non-Richmond people really enjoyed seeing West Coast here."

West Coast also had some concerns with the umpiring, as Tyson Stenglein was reported for making front-on contact on Richmond's Richard Tambling in the first quarter.

http://richmondfc.com.au/Season2007/News/NewsArticle/tabid/6301/Default.aspx?newsId=42192

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2007, 08:32:34 PM »
Why bring back an ump who has no idea  ::).

To our game again, too.  :help
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Stephanie

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I am from Tigerland!
    • My Myspace
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2007, 09:27:56 PM »
There goes 20 grand  ::)

But well done Sugar  :clapping :thumbsup
On victory we strive. Eat 'em alive!

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2007, 11:56:34 PM »
Normally it would be around a 2 grand fine but because Sugar basically said the umps blantantly favoured the Eagles he'll probably cop a lot more even though he was just telling the truth. These prima donas are wrecking the game and the AFL make them beyond criticism when deserved.

And while we are handing out these :clapping

a big well done to Jimmy Brayshaw who reported told Danny DUD Frawley to "F" off on air today around half time for Dudley's constant bagging of the Tigers today  :thumbsup
Is there audio of this somewhere?  :rollin :clapping

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 01:25:30 AM »
@%*$....the umpiring was shatful in the swans game too...interstate favourtism?....thanks sugarpot for saying what we all know...heaps of respect for you bro...demetriou and all his buddies are really beginnining to test my levelheadedness....this coupled with our absolute pitiful execution of basic skills and decision making cost us an against the odds win...

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 10:22:20 AM »
It worked for James Hird.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2007, 07:12:15 PM »
@%*$....the umpiring was shatful in the swans game too...interstate favourtism?....
More like the same umpire No. 31 umpiring both games  ::). He was dropped after the Swans game in the first place because he didn't have a clue about holding the ball. So what does Geischen do - brings him back for another Richmond game and once again holding the ball decisions become a russian roulette farce  :scream ::). Just like a number of footballers in the modern game we now have umpires who are more athletes than real umpires.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Kane Johnson in umpire trouble (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 03:45:02 AM »
Kane Johnson in umpire trouble
30 April 2007   Herald-Sun
Daryl Timms

THE AFL will decide today what action to take over Richmond captain Kane Johnson's outburst on the lopsided free kick count in Saturday's game against West Coast.

The Tigers conceded 29 free kicks to the Eagles' 13.

As well as his extraordinary outburst after the game, Johnson is also in trouble for approaching and questioning the three umpires - Stuart Wenn, Shaun Ryan and Troy Pannell - at halftime.

The free-kick figure at halftime was also lopsided, with a 17-6 count in favour of the Eagles.

The breakdown of the frees awarded against Richmond were: holding the man (nine); holding the ball (seven); push in the back (six); high tackle (five); throwing the ball (one); and tackling after the opposition had disposed of the ball (one).

Four West Coast players were pinged for holding the ball; three for holding the man; three for pushes in the back; two for high tackles; and one for an illegal shepherd.

The league football department is expected to review film of the free kicks to determine whether the correct decisions were made.

An AFL spokesman said yesterday Johnson's behaviour at halftime and his comments after the game would be discussed at today's football operations meeting.

A decision would then be made whether to fine Johnson or ask him for a "please explain" over the two incidents.

Asked after the game why he had approached the umpires, Johnson said: "I just had a word to them. It (the free-kick count) was standing out.

"It was just unbelievable the amount of free kicks they were getting and I just mentioned to them that they should have a look at it.

"I am not sure what it ended up, but it was just out of whack.

"I think a lot of the times the holding-the-ball rule was inconsistent and a lot of tackles we put on, where they were dropping the ball, they let go, whereas when we did it, it was called holding the ball.

"It's just all over the place. I just hope they do get it right because it causes a lot of frustration from players out on the ground."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21642993%255E19742,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 03:51:24 AM »

Free, what free?: Kayne Pettifer, and the Tigers, didn't have a good day with the umpires. Picture: Michael Dodge

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,21641229%255E19771,00.html

Nice subtle photo and caption in the Herald-Sun to make out we are just whinging ::)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 03:48:48 PM »
I won't be surprised if Sugar cops a heavy fine and No. 31 gets dropped again. The AFL like sending out contradictory messages.

SEN said Sugar should use Michael Voss as a defence. Voss is still listed with Brisbane despite retiring yet made criticism of the umpiring during the Sydney v Melbourne game. No please explain there.