Author Topic: JAMIE Charman a Tiger - Anyone?  (Read 4776 times)

Bulluss

Re: JAMIE Charman a Tiger - Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 10:26:37 AM »
I dont mind Charman and think he could add something to our side, however as already stated i think we would have to pay over the odds for him if we did get him.

So it is a pass for me.

Pick up Kreuzer (not sure on spelling) in the draft and if you wanted to try and steal someone from Brisbane i would be having a HUGE crack at Mitch Clark. This kid will be a gun forward.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2007, 10:55:05 AM »
if you wanted to try and steal someone from Brisbane i would be having a HUGE crack at Mitch Clark. This kid will be a gun forward.

Agreed, however would need to improve his kicking though.

Also, should try and lure Cam Wood down to punt rd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #17 on: July 11, 2007, 06:57:34 PM »
Charman says he doesn't want to leave Brisbane.

Charman not keen to leave Lions
The Age
July 11, 2007 - 5:14PM

A shock 27-point AFL win over West Coast provided a glimpse into the rebuilding Brisbane Lions' future - and off-contract ruckman Jamie Charman clearly wants to be a part of it.

Charman, 25, has been linked to Richmond and St Kilda this year since deciding to postpone talks about his future until the end of the season.

However, the premiership-winning ruckman said he would love to stay in Brisbane, describing the prospect of playing alongside the Lions' emerging youngsters as "exciting".

It's about finishing the year off for me, looking at the next year at the end of the season - it's more a personal thing than anything," said Charman, who plays his 100th game against Melbourne on Saturday night.

"But I love Brisbane, I love the Lions and I love this team. I'd love to stay.

"My life is set up here, my business is set up here. I'm looking to stay."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Charman-not-keen-to-leave-Lions/2007/07/11/1183833586861.html

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2007, 07:03:32 PM »
he is just trying to bump up his price, thats all, woudl not be surprised at all if his manager has told him to say exactly that !

i still reckon lets develop our own and krueze our way up the ladder

common carlton, win a fricken game!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »
he is just trying to bump up his price, thats all, woudl not be surprised at all if his manager has told him to say exactly that !

i still reckon lets develop our own and krueze our way up the ladder

common carlton, win a fricken game!

absolute gold X  :clapping

Ramps

« Reply #20 on: July 11, 2007, 07:18:13 PM »
I say as long as the draft rules dont change that we stick to youth - get rid of senior players and stay on the bottom in 2008 as well so we can get Hartlett with the priority and Natanui with Pick 1 lol.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #21 on: July 11, 2007, 07:43:14 PM »
I hear that naitanui was BOG in the first division final

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2007, 07:56:26 PM »
I say as long as the draft rules dont change that we stick to youth - get rid of senior players and stay on the bottom in 2008 as well so we can get Hartlett with the priority and Natanui with Pick 1 lol.
Stay on the bottom next year as well? No way. You're too extreme, ramps.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #23 on: July 11, 2007, 08:09:22 PM »

ditto. I will only accept coming last if we are clearly the worst side next year

Ramps

« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2007, 10:28:41 PM »

I want a Richmond flag. We are no where near it. But Add a Kreuzer or a McEvoy, add a Pears or a Myers, Maybe an Otten or a Selwood in 2007 and we narrow the gap then Add Natanui and a Hartlett and 2 or 3 others, pick up a Dowler in the PSD this year and maybe another decent young gun next year in the PSD...and we are way closer than what we are now. People forget, Hawthorn stayed on the bottom 3 years running, they picked up priority picks and traded senior players. To win a flag in the future we will need to beat the likes of Hawthorn, Collingwood and the Interstate clubs- we will need to match all these clubs for young talent.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2007, 11:03:18 PM »
a word of caution

fantastic young talents do not always = good senior players

Sure I would love to see us grab some more good young talent, but you cannot expect that just drafting kids is enough. Richmond as a club needs a complete change in mentality, and that is something you don't get by tanking

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 06:37:07 PM »
I posted this in the U18 champs thread but it should go here.

The problem is could the club afford another season like this year. The pressure for change would be immense. Financially we aren't out of the woods yet and there may be a dip in membership numbers next year if we again fail to win any games early on.

In any case the AFL may change the draft rules again if Carlton ends up with the first pick despite not finishing last. Free agency may be introduced next year. Finish last again and we may lose a good young player.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 10:49:20 PM »
Charman was most likely staying at the Lions anyway but he's copped another injury (calf) tonight up at the Gabba.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2007, 03:56:42 AM »
Charman is off the radar. Wanted a long-term deal which was too much with his record as far as injury goes.

Ramps

« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2007, 10:10:58 AM »
Charman is off the radar. Wanted a long-term deal which was too much with his record as far as injury goes.

who is on the radar