Author Topic: Richmond vs Adelaide match thread  (Read 7962 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Richmond vs Adelaide match thread
« Reply #60 on: May 18, 2007, 10:58:43 PM »
;D It would almost be worth it for the reaction on various tiger forums

:lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #61 on: May 18, 2007, 11:24:47 PM »
;D It would almost be worth it for the reaction on various tiger forums
:lol

Let's hope Richo is okay.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Bulluss

« Reply #62 on: May 18, 2007, 11:33:40 PM »
While Thursty needs to keep playing, i think he has been bought back in too quickly.

Would have been better off with McGuane tonight.

Still think Petts has been giving us nothing. He needs a spell at Coburg to make him a little more hungry.

Tuck is crap full stop. Get rid of him.

Bring in Jack, White, Hughes

Out Sarge, Jackson & Pettifer.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #63 on: May 18, 2007, 11:36:08 PM »
While Thursty needs to keep playing, i think he has been bought back in too quickly.

Would have been better off with McGuane tonight.

Still think Petts has been giving us nothing. He needs a spell at Coburg to make him a little more hungry.

Tuck is crap full stop. Get rid of him.

Bring in Jack, White, Hughes

Out Sarge, Jackson & Pettifer.

Agreed that Thirsty was rushed back in. Should have spent a few more weeks as the Burgers, but not that he is back probably should stay IMO

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #64 on: May 18, 2007, 11:40:17 PM »
Richo could have a fractured eye socket 4- 6 weeks.

We will SMASH the bummers next week - count on it. :thumbsup

Moi

« Reply #65 on: May 18, 2007, 11:55:32 PM »
A bit of trivia, an OER member was sitting next to Terry in the box tonight  :shh

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #66 on: May 19, 2007, 12:21:10 AM »
Someone said Schultz only had 2 kicks 3 handballs.  Back to Coburg.
If Cleve gets dropped for one bad game then Sarge should go back this week for Jack. The only change I would make.

Richos injury might be serious so it might be Richo Schulz out Jack and Hughes in

i think Schulz may be saved by Richo's injury.  My guess is perhaps Jack and hughes all come back and schulz stays....
i know that we only played with 2 tall forwards tonight...i think that's due to team setup....adelaide doesn't have a tall defence...but the bombers..their defence is rather tall with michael, fletcher and ryder..so i think terry might still go with 3 talls instead of 2...therefore it would be Schulz, Jack and Hughes there for me..

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #67 on: May 19, 2007, 12:25:07 AM »
Great effort by the lads tonight. Intensity was there. Other than the first 10 minutes and last minute of the first quarter when the crows kicked 5 of their goals but that is football. I am gut wrenched after a narrow loss and one that we could have legitimately won. I could say any one of the Jackson Petts or Richo miss in the last quarter compounded by the Boch goal in the square where Polak did not punch but that is football. I have consoled myself with the continual emergence as a gun midfielder in Foley Lids has come back well since his disaster a fortnight ago I also thought King and Pattison in the ruck worked tirelessly all night. Edwards made a few errors but I would rather see the kids make errors trying to do something positive like carry the ball run hard and kick long than make errors playing garbage chip chip chip footy. So there are positives and there is light at the end of the tunnel. I thought our captain was awful. He is a tragedy of a captain. Would he be worse than Van denburg at Hawthorn? Right now I think so at that is being brutally frank and honest even though VB for Hawthorn is currently not playing.  :banghead
How a fit and firing Coughlan could work competently with Foley. A very appetising predicament should it arise. Disappointed but not disillusioned.  Richo injury another case of bad luck. Real rotten luck actually would have been handy next week. Schulz will play next week just hope Terry brings in Jack and Cleve in also.  Maybe a  stint at Coburg might re kindle our captains passion to play? :banghead

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2007, 01:28:11 AM »
A bit of trivia, an OER member was sitting next to Terry in the box tonight  :shh
So that's why we did so well lol  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rodgerramjet

• OER - CONTRIBUTOR
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Never cast pearls before swine.
« Reply #69 on: May 19, 2007, 02:32:21 AM »

Is that what Jackstar looks like :gobdrop
The lips of Wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding.

Life goes on

« Reply #70 on: May 19, 2007, 07:58:44 AM »

No, I have got hair and it wasnt Grey last time I looked. :gobdrop

Moi

« Reply #71 on: May 19, 2007, 10:26:46 AM »

No, I have got hair and it wasnt Grey last time I looked. :gobdrop
Meooow!!!  :lol

Life goes on

« Reply #72 on: May 19, 2007, 10:31:03 AM »
 ::)

Just stated a fact.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #73 on: May 21, 2007, 10:10:30 PM »
Got to say it was a great game of footy.

Good game plan, good to see the kids standing up.

IMESHO - things are not as gloomy as people are making out. There were some very good signs on Friday night  :clapping :thumbsup :thumbsup

:gotigers

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Walls you idiot
« Reply #74 on: May 22, 2007, 04:06:26 AM »
Walls has given us no credit for our second quarter comeback. He claims Adelaide let us back into the game  ::).

Fans despise it, but ugly football has its upside
Robert Walls | May 22, 2007 | The Age

In Adelaide last Friday, Neil Craig's Crows flew out of the blocks with seven goals in the first quarter. In the second, they kicked one, and unbelievably had only 10 long kicks. They would have had a lot more kicks that went backwards than long and forwards. But why?

Perhaps Craig feels no team can sustain the impetus in modern football to kick 28 goals in a game, so players take the heat out by slowing the tempo and denying opponents the ball. By chipping the ball around backwards and sideways, there is no gut-busting running, and the opposition can't score if it doesn't have the ball. Trouble is, it's not always easy to flick on the fast switch.

I believe Adelaide's slowdown in the second quarter helped the Tigers get back into the game, and the Crows got a hell of a fright when scores were level in the final 20 minutes. That they only won by nine points — at home, against a far less experienced and talented Tigers team — should be cause for concern. Had the Crows gone for the throat in the second term, it could well have been game over by half-time.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/fans-despise-it-but-ugly-football-has-its-upside/2007/05/21/1179601330584.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1