Author Topic: Kevin Sheedy threads [merged]  (Read 65089 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Kevin Sheedy Cup
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2007, 06:45:57 PM »
Yeah , he didnt leave , too busy winning premierships at the time
Apart from 99 when they choked in the PF, the other years Sheeds was on thin ice were when the Bombers missed the finals.

Sheeds has had plenty of chances to come back to Richmond but like KB's hiatus most of us are over it and have moved on.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Life goes on

« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2007, 08:18:24 PM »
i'd be careful there ox, might take a sipe at you next  :lol
to be fair, jackstar doesn't really take swipes at other people on the site. If you challenge him, he doesn't really get personal.

I wouldnt get personal on Jak - he's got too much on me :gobdrop and he knows it....

:shh :yep :yep :yep :yep :yep

Moi

« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2007, 08:30:19 PM »
to be fair, jackstar doesn't really take swipes at other people on the site. If you challenge him, he doesn't really get personal.

I wouldnt get personal on Jak - he's got too much on me :gobdrop and he knows it....

Hey, I got it on all of you, especially Bully  :thumbsup

:rollin

Send me some more emails Bully  :o

But we're above all that ain't we  :lol

Leave that to the insecure on another network  ;)

Bulluss

« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2007, 08:44:13 PM »

Hey, I got it on all of you, especially Bully  :thumbsup

:rollin

Send me some more emails Bully  :o

But we're above all that ain't we  :lol

Leave that to the insecure on another network  ;)

Better be careful Moi, you may get an annonomous phone call late at night.

Now that would be original!!!

I can send you plenty of emails if you like, what takes your fancy?

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2007, 08:49:20 PM »

I have posted on a number of different Richmond forums for a number of years now and I still get amazed at how many threads I read and sit back and think...

What the hell are they talking about.

???

Moi

« Reply #50 on: June 12, 2007, 08:51:04 PM »
I can send you plenty of emails if you like, what takes your fancy?
Got so many good ones to last me a lifetime, Bully  :lol
But thanks for the kind offer  :rollin

Ox

« Reply #51 on: June 12, 2007, 09:00:05 PM »

I have posted on a number of different Richmond forums for a number of years now and I still get amazed at how many threads I read and sit back and think...

???

It's a forsaken thing...a silent brotherhood built on a common hatred :cheers

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #52 on: June 12, 2007, 09:02:28 PM »
Have you actually thought he might want a change of scenery.
And it might be time for Essendon to get a new coach.
Loving Essendon, gee you make heaps a assumptions.

Sheeds wants a change of scenery. That's great  :clapping

So if he wants a change and he says the change should be Richmond are we all supposed to jump up and down and shout with joy ::)  ;D Don't think so.

Reality is that Sheeds has spent the last 27 years at Essendon - he is more Essendon than he is richmond these days.

He is a Ricmond Team of the Century player as is Merv keane and Matty Knights.. Wouldnt think the faceless people who ever they might be mighten be involved. What happens if wallace walks at years end when they havent won a game, now thats possible!

Firstly, I doubt Tezza will walk and I doubt that we will remain winless the entire year.

And what does the matter that Sheeds, Keane are Knights are team of the century members have to do with Sheeds possible wanting a change of scenery? IIRC Knights is currently contracted to the EFC and by extension the Bendigo Bombers.

And to honest with you Sheeds should know better than anyone how important unity, support and stability are to a footy club. He has been blessed at Essendon that he has had all of those things in truckloads. COnstant speculation and innuendo are of no benefit to any club

Just thinks its about time our Club had some of those things too - and those stirring in the back ground whoever they are should stop and think about that for a minute

:thumbsup

:gotigers

I can tell you fact that is was RFC problem that he didnt go back 3 years ago, NOT SHEEDS!

Every thought that the RFC didn't want him 3 years ago Jack  ;) ;D

Sheeds couldnt give a stuff about richmond, and the only reason he would come back is if the bummers give him the ar$e. It is all a moot point anyway, because I can guarantee everyone in this forum, that even if plough loses every game from here on, he will be coach next year, and that is a fact !!!!

I think you maybe right blaisee

Maybe we should have a competition on OER to see who is right at the end of the season.  Jack or Blaisee.  Winner could get a big bottle of wine or something and huge wraps on OER (or in Jack's case a big apology).

Are you buying Julz ???  :rollin

« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 09:59:21 PM by WilliamPowell »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Moi

« Reply #53 on: June 12, 2007, 09:06:28 PM »
And to honest with you Sheeds should now better than anyone how important unity, support and stability are to a footy club. He has been blessed at Essendon that he has had all of those things in truckloads. COnstant speculation and innuendo are of no benefit to any club

Important point.  Wonder how he'd go in an environment of instability, not exactly cash-strapped and cloak and dagger fighting stuff behind his back.
You're right, he has been blessed.  Even his time at Richmond was successful.
Sorry Kev, it's a totally new environment.

Moi

« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2007, 09:07:26 PM »

???

What he said, 1965  :lol

Life goes on

« Reply #55 on: June 12, 2007, 09:30:04 PM »
Have you actually thought he might want a change of scenery.
And it might be time for Essendon to get a new coach.
Loving Essendon, gee you make heaps a assumptions.

Sheeds wants a change of scenery. That's great  :clapping

So if he wants a change and he says the change should be Richmond are we all supposed to jump up and down and shout with joy ::)  ;D Don't think so.

Reality is that Sheeds has spent the last 27 years at Essendon - he is more Essendon than he is richmond these days.

He is a Ricmond Team of the Century player as is Merv keane and Matty Knights.. Wouldnt think the faceless people who ever they might be mighten be involved. What happens if wallace walks at years end when they havent won a game, now thats possible!

Firstly, I doubt Tezza will walk and I doubt that we will remain winless the entire year.

And what does the matter that Sheeds, Keane are Knights are team of the century members have to do with Sheeds possible wanting a change of scenery? IIRC Knights is currently contracted to the EFC and by extension the Bendigo Bombers.

And to honest with you Sheeds should now better than anyone how important unity, support and stability are to a footy club. He has been blessed at Essendon that he has had all of those things in truckloads. COnstant speculation and innuendo are of no benefit to any club

Just thinks its about time our Club had some of those things too - and those stirring in the back ground whoever they are should stop and think about that for a minute

I can tell you fact that is was RFC problem that he didnt go back 3 years ago, NOT SHEEDS!

Every thought that the RFC didn't want him 3 years ago Jack  ;) ;D

Sheeds couldnt give a stuff about richmond, and the only reason he would come back is if the bummers give him the ar$e. It is all a moot point anyway, because I can guarantee everyone in this forum, that even if plough loses every game from here on, he will be coach next year, and that is a fact !!!!

I think you maybe right blaisee

Maybe we should have a competition on OER to see who is right at the end of the season.  Jack or Blaisee.  Winner could get a big bottle of wine or something and huge wraps on OER (or in Jack's case a big apology).

Reality is that we havent won a flag for 27 years.
We really need a radical changes.
In my opinion, I dont see anything different in the years say 2007 compared to 1989.-1993.
Yes, we had the youngest squads in 1989- to 1993 as well but went no where..  Pick 3 in 1993 was Justin Murphy and the big savoir of all was Stephen Jurica. at pick 26. ::) Promised so much but did little.

Moi

« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2007, 09:34:45 PM »
But like then Jack we have little resources.
But I think the crop of players coming through is a lot better than they were then.
Kevin has all the resources at his disposal, he won't get that at Richmond.
He has been spoiled and he might get an awful shock when he gets back home  ::)

And you of all people should know about the resources of the club.
How many people work gratis which a lot of his support network will be at the RFC.
You want monkeys, you pay them peanuts or not at all  ;)

Totally different environment.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #57 on: June 12, 2007, 10:08:21 PM »
Reality is that we havent won a flag for 27 years.

I know gawd I know

We really need a radical changes.
In my opinion, I dont see anything different in the years say 2007 compared to 1989.-1993.
Yes, we had the youngest squads in 1989- to 1993 as well but went no where..  Pick 3 in 1993 was Justin Murphy and the big savoir of all was Stephen Jurica. at pick 26. ::) Promised so much but did little.

I agree with Moi on this the group of kids we have now are far better than the Jurica's and Murphy's of the past. Asctually what those names prove is how bad our recruiting was back then.

I see massive differences between say 1989 and 2007 for one we aren't walking the streets rattling tins :whistle  :thumbsup

As for radical changes - well I reckon we did that 3 years ago when we gave a coach of the RFC a 5 year contract - most radical thing we've done in 30 years. Fancy the RFC giving a coach (any coach) an extended period to try and turn things around.  :gobdrop

Changing now half way through would not be radical it would be playing safe the RFC way - let's get rid of another one and that will fix everything  ::) ::)

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #58 on: June 12, 2007, 10:30:53 PM »

Would be a mistake - I'm a teetotaller :shh

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #59 on: June 12, 2007, 10:39:36 PM »

???

LMAO at the great forum wars of '03.

A forsaken splinter group rallying against the iron maiden. We lost a few good men (whatever happened to Boogie Knights, and that suicidal kid from the states).