Author Topic: Draft Strategy  (Read 10550 times)

Offline tiger

• Tiger Rookie
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Draft Strategy
« Reply #90 on: July 27, 2007, 08:12:34 PM »
Jackstar - you have a problem. Bet you were a TW fan last year.

You haven't followed the tiges quite as long as me but you would have seen bad tiger sides in the late 80's & early 90's. This side is a class above. We just could not afford the injuries to our bigger bodied & experienced players that we had this year. Add a fully fit Simmo & Browny to the whole year & several more wins would have occurred. Progress is good & whilst the win tally is dissappointing the benefit of the early draft picks is the reward. We have learnt in the past finishing 9th have done us no good. May as well be down the bottom due to injuries, average umpiring decisions etc whilst we are developing the younger players. We have been in most games this year well into the last quarters.

Keep the faith & please don't mention the F word again. I still have nightmares about Spud the Dud! Remember we got him because no one else wanted to coach us cos up till then we bagged them & sacked them as if they were spuds.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Draft Strategy
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2007, 10:18:36 PM »
On 3aw tonight, Russell and Carey thought the youngest Selwood would last to around pick 15-17. I can't see that myself but would be pleased to get him at 17 if he lasted to then and we had that pick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd