Author Topic: Draft Strategy  (Read 10828 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Draft Strategy
« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2007, 06:56:57 PM »
We had no real interest in the NSW scholarship system apparently when the AFL made it compulsory so we would've missed out on Naitanui anyway.

That leap in Bluey's avatar is freakish. He'll be a human highlight reel that's for sure.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #76 on: July 21, 2007, 11:08:17 AM »
Just on ruckmen. If we could get say a Wood or a Charman in the psd- do we need to draft one? Id suggest that unless it was Kreuzer, we wouldnt actually have to draft one if we got a Wood or a Charman.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2007, 05:00:56 PM »
If we did get Wood in the PSD  :pray

I still reckon we need a ruckman in the draft. Kreuzer, McEvoy, Sullivan and maybe Putt late are who we should be looking at

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #78 on: July 21, 2007, 05:08:23 PM »
Wood would be good.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #79 on: July 22, 2007, 12:36:49 AM »
Unless someone decent walks at the end of the year the PSD could be another disappointment. To get another ruckman we'll most likely have to trade for one.

Ramps

« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2007, 08:37:08 PM »
Just read on some other sites that Greg Miller today at the club luncheon said theres only 5 or 6 players in this draft. According to the info it was inferred we would only draft till r3 and that its likely we will trade our 2nd round pick- which to me suggests they have a ruckman. Sources on the sites saying that the club is trying to bring down expectations on Kreuzer because we will be selecting Morton or Cotchin and taking 1 player in the psd.

Cant say I disagree with the strategy, I said from the outset that this draft only had 3 rounds max in it. But the supporters are looking for blood. So going by that...

So - R1, PP, R2, R3. PSD1 = 5 delistings. Richmond supporters are going to go mental if they only sack 5 players. Maybe theyll get more picks for trading players...but if the reports are true and we only bring in 5 or 6 players via the drafts or trade then its disappointing.

Passionfruit

« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2007, 08:39:01 PM »
5 delistings ::)
have gone mental already , lol

Ramps

« Reply #82 on: July 22, 2007, 08:41:06 PM »
im supportive of positive mental health jacko. i urge people to stay under control and to understand- its just a game lol. ;D

Passionfruit

« Reply #83 on: July 22, 2007, 08:52:31 PM »
And we thought Spud was bad, Wallace is bringing a new meaning to it all :banghead

Offline H Tiger

• Premiership Captain
  • Tigers the biggest hunter
« Reply #84 on: July 22, 2007, 08:53:56 PM »
Hello all,

I haven't posted in a while but I have been reading.

Just on Wood I watched him this morning playing for the Suncoast Lions before the Bris Blues game.

I'm not sure about drafting Wood was not setting the world on fire, is he any better than Pattison? or Graham?

I haven't seen much of Angus but reports were good on his recent games for Coburg and he is improving.

In saying that Wood may be just about to come on. Right age right size.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #85 on: July 26, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »
Patrick McGinnity - any interest.

Looks like a Dean Polo type workman. Can tag (won AA as a tagger), solid skills, good size and shows some footy smarts. Possible 2nd, 3rd pick

Ramps

« Reply #86 on: July 26, 2007, 11:12:32 PM »
If there is a god then Richmond will have Kreuzer and Rance in late November, although I could probably cop Morton/Cotchin at 1 and Rance lol.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2007, 03:38:10 AM »

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2007, 02:28:44 PM »
If there is a god then Richmond will have Kreuzer and Rance in late November, although I could probably cop Morton/Cotchin at 1 and Rance lol.

Rance, Henderson, McEvoy

Anyone of these with our 2nd pick would be awesome

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2007, 05:21:22 PM »
A couple of the people I talk to while watching training quizzed Plough on Wednesday over Miller's stupid comment in the Herald-Sun about not needing or going for talls. Terry replied "Did he say that?" playing dumb as most coaches do and keeping his cards close to his chest saying it's  impossible at this stage to say who is available at whatever pick and what type of player we will get. Only thing he can say is we'll go for the best available. The bloke I know who I've mentioned before makes Jack sound optimistic lol told Plough we won't get Kruezer as Carlton won't win another game so we will go for Cotchin then? Terry once again said it's too early to say who we'll pick up but there's 6-8 players to choose from around that mark. Make of all that what you will.