Author Topic: Why even Turn Up ?  (Read 4576 times)

Ox

Why even Turn Up ?
« on: July 25, 2004, 06:40:03 PM »
If thats how the club is going to play football then Why even Turn Up ?

Frawley should go now - there's no point in him being there.
Did he evn coach today ?????

Dragacevic=Dud
Tivendale=Dud.
Zantuck=Dud
Rodan=Dud
Chaffey=Dud

Johnson isn't a captains areshole,thats the problem,too many arsholes and not enuff leaders.]

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Why even Turn Up ?
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 07:37:26 PM »
For the first two and half quarters we had a dip but once the margin got out to 4-5 goals it was junk time. As has been the case all year we are too short down back and couldn't contend with their three talls Neitz, Miller and Holland especially as we again were smashed in the clearances. None of Zantuck, Bowden and AK are KP defenders. You might get away with one on the 3rd tall forward but not all three.

Add to that our execution of our skills and decision making as always are in the main deplorable. Time and time again we ignored the first option when it was the best option and ran back into traffic. I thought Rodan played his best game for about 2 years but he was guilty of this a few times by tucking the ball under his arm but at least he put his body in to get the pill unlike many of his soft teammates who were continually beaten in 50/50 contests or hung off and expected another Tiger to do all the hard work against 3 Demons >:(.

Our need to handball backwards before going forwards is laughable. It causes our players to have to stop and wait so they are mostly always flat-footed and enables the opposition to get number back. Add to that we don't have the skills to pull this high possession game off. A quick long kick forward to forwards playing in front  >:( is too obvious for Frawley and our boys. Same old same old. Making what should be simple so difficult  ::).

Krakouer had his best game in a while by a long shot. Showed his class.
Jackson had an excellent first half. Very clean and honest.
Pettifer did what he had to do. Bowden was good for 3 quarters. Second quarter Miller got away from him.

Tivs is really struggling this year to have any impact.
Chaffey was better today.
Houlihan - why bother showing up. Too slow.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2004, 07:39:37 PM by mightytiges »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2004, 07:48:24 PM »
Oh as for turning up. I think many Tiger members had asked that same question Ox before the game today. The members section on the wing was very sparse today although how much that had to do with it being a Sunday game is anyone's guess. On the other hand the Melbourne crowd were packed in their sections. Normally Richmond outnumber Melbourne supporters by quite alot but today I'd reckon it was 50/50 at best.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2004, 07:53:43 PM »
Melbourne were playing with us. Watching it I got the sense that they could have upped it a level or two if they decided to take us seriously.

Fiora and Tivendale should have both been traded last year. Front runners of the highest order. I could see them doing good things in a team like Port Adelaide.

As for the likes of Houlihan, Dragicevic and Hyde, not up to AFL football.

Rodan played good today, and Chaffey did ok. Both played their best games in ages. Lets see if they can back it up for the next two or three games. I doubt it. Andrew Kellaway looks finished.

Kane Johnson = A fresher Wayne Campbell minus the footy smarts. Won't do a better job captaining the side than Campbell, but he won't draw as much criticism, which is a good thing I suppose.

Let's hope Cogs has a good year next year and can assume the captaincy in 2006. Let's hope someone like Jackson really comes on by that time and can be given a leadership role as well. Looks like he will be something special.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 07:55:48 PM »
There's always something salvaged from the wreckage ox.
Pettifer is going to be good. Jackson hates being beaten. Rodan played like it was last year. I think you'll hate this one, Fleming is developing as an on-field leader.
There were glaring examples in support of each looking from the stands. Haven't seen a replay to see if it also shows on TV.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Ox

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 08:06:05 PM »
Yes guys,we can salvage something.
Petifer was pretty good.

Im a Fleming fan so I was happy with his form.

Rodan just doesnt have a football brain.
He can get the ball but most of the time he gets caught or kicks to opposition.
I dont think he is of much value to us as we stand.

I also believe Frawley should leave Punt road immediately.
No sense in going on with him,get a caretaker.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 08:13:51 PM »
I also believe Frawley should leave Punt road immediately.
No sense in going on with him,get a caretaker.

A priority draft pick is a dead certainity with him coaching :shh.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2004, 08:16:05 PM »
yeah, that's his only saving grace. If we somehow manage to win two games though.....  :banghead  :banghead

2JD

« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2004, 09:14:59 PM »
Well i got a big laugh out of today, a guy sitting near us had just taken a bite out of his pie when, Wham! it got smashed by one of the incoming practice shots at goal. It just exploded all over him and the lady next to him! I nearly wet myself laughing :lol
Oh the game? Nope didn't laugh too much at that but I was impressed by Jackson, Bowden, Pettifer and Rodan :cheers

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2004, 10:08:14 PM »
Why indeed ;D

There were a couple of positives -

Jackson - he just looks so smart and he is only 18 :bow :o
Hartigan - shows leadership and he is only 18 :thumbsup
Rodan's form was the best it's been all year - made some mistakes but at least he got the bloody ball
Tim Fleming - agree FF shows some leadership  :thumbsup
Pettifer - set a task this week and did well gave us another option ;)

The why bothers and the reasons why people wont show up:
Houlihan - fair well, adios, seeya, Gooooooooooooodbyeeeeeeeeeee  >:( >:(
Ray Hall - too slow in decision making  :-\ :-\ and the skills  :-[
Tivendale - what the hell is going on ??? >:(
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Bulluss

« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2004, 11:29:15 PM »
Dragacevic=Dud
Zantuck=Dud
Rodan=Dud

Come on Ox, get fair dinkim!!

Most of Draga's touches came from hospital handballs which put him under pressure and caused turnovers. Hardly can blame then on draga.

Zantuck was playing out of position and in one on one contests competed fairly well against neitz.

And as for Rodan, it was by far his best game that he has ever played for the Tigers.

Did you actually attend the game?

If Not, then you and all of the other arm chair supporters should reserve judgement! >:(

Ox

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2004, 12:12:28 AM »
Sorry Bullus but if u rekkon thats Rodans best game for us ever then you're off the mark.

Most of Draggas disposals were hospital jobs or short of the mark.

Zantuck the walking attitude was a dud,along with the whole back line....actually the whole farken team.
What a pathetic bunch of directionless,heartless peas they all act like.
Johnson,if he is to be our future captain,is offering what ??????????
Ottens,whom I've been patient with ,is shot to pieces and can only hit out to opposition players.
The kids are the only brigade who can be excused from this joke of a team.

Also if u think I'm an armchair supporter then go right ahead but dont
think cos you're there you have the right to reserve judgement on me and my opinions,
you can shove that up your ars.
I dont wanna seem confrontational but not everyone works 9-5 and has the luxury of week-ends free
nor should i have to explain my actions to justify myself.

Offline Tigertailz

• Premiership Captain
  • "here we go again!"
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2004, 12:30:31 AM »
I didnt go today either Ox.I have been a diehard for 27 years but my threshold was well and truly exceeded after the Freo game.The current team is the most pitiful to represent us in my lifetime.
I agree with your comments in regards to having an opinion whether you are present or not and anyone who passes comments such as "were you there?" must have their photo next to moron in the dictionary.

Offline JohnF

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • ROFLMAO
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2004, 12:32:20 AM »
Dragga didn't exactly have the ball handed to him as he'd like (on all 8 occasions he touched the footy), but his own disposal also left a lot to be desired. I'm willing to leave him in the side for another 3 or so weeks, but it will just be going through the motions in my opinion. At best he will find his feet as a 15 possession midfielder, which doesn't cut it.

I agree Zantuck was played out of position, but the problem is, what is his position? When tried off the back flank he hasn't exactly set the world on fire and he has only shown rare glimpses when given the opportunity to go forward. I think he needs a kick up the ars and needs to take some responsibility off the field if his footy is to improve on it. He is courageous and goes in, but he doesn't look anywhere near fit enough to hold down any position at the moment.

Rodan played really well but needs to play like that consistently. One performace every 10 weeks does not justify a spot in the team. Needs to finish the year off strongly.

Ox

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2004, 12:44:21 AM »
Thanx TigerTailz.

I'd imagine Bullus is more peeed off than a moron.

Dont take it out on me Bullus,go and visit that shiela.lol

Rodan.

Gets the ball and bounces every 5 steps.
When he does get thru he's too stuffed to give the kick any weight and usually turns it over OR picks
the worst option.