Author Topic: Mid-season reports  (Read 3702 times)

Life goes on

Re: Mid-season reports
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2007, 11:59:43 AM »
And furthermore, best thing I ever did was walk away from the RFC.
:rollin

At least I am with a group of quality people who have a fair idea how to win a game of footy.
Would also think that most supporters have had enough as well, as noticed by the huge amount of empty seats at Home games.
Even you friend mjs has had a gutfull

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »
And furthermore, best thing I ever did was walk away from the RFC.

At least I am with a group of quality people who have a fair idea how to win a game of footy.
Would also think that most supporters have had enough as well, as noticed by the huge amount of empty seats at Home games.
Even you friend mjs has had a gutfull

You are starting to give away too many clues to your idenitity.

:shh

I wonder how many ex-players post on forums?

Ox

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2007, 01:09:15 PM »
And Moi, fact of the matter, you cant win a game.

So what do u mean by ,"YOU" Jak?

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2007, 02:41:23 PM »
And Moi, fact of the matter, you cant win a game.

So what do u mean by ,"YOU" Jak?

The plot thickens...

Life goes on

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2007, 05:24:53 PM »
Moi is Terry Wallace

« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2007, 05:31:34 PM »
Moi is Terry Wallace

One question...

Did you support the club before your involvement with the club?

'65

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
3aw Richmond mid-season report (including David King)
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2007, 05:47:14 PM »
Tony Shaw did the summary. Rohan Connolly, Dwayne Russell and David King were on the panel:

* Shaw said he's pleased with Lids and Tambo as first round picks. Lids needs to be more urgent though. Tambo has shown that urgency.

* Polak has been a great pick up.

* Foley leading our B&F. Just loves his toughness and ballwinning ability.

* Concerned about Paddy's future. We don't have enough skill players for a guy like Paddy Bowden to not get a game. He was dropped before he got injured.

* Liked Polo and McGuane. They have a future

* Schulz - needs to get more of the ball for his ability.

* A caller rang in and said we should do a Hawthorn in this draft and get a ruckman and KPPs with our first 3 picks. King agreed. Said this year showed we missed a ruckman (Simmo), inside midfielder (Cogs) and a forward (Browny).

* King said we're desperate for Casserly to put games together as he had elite skills. His body just hasn't allowing him to do it.

* King said we're happy with our youngsters. It's many of our senior players who need to take the blame if we are going to blame anyone.

* Joel has been terrific. Pavlich got away from him for 30-40mins last week but overall has beaten his direct opponent despite giving away size.

* Raines - happy with him. We compare our players against their direct opponent. Rainesy usually gets more possessions than his direct opponent.

* A caller said many Tiger fans are not happy with Kane as captain. King said Sugar isn't having the year he had last year as a tagger. Some opponents have got away from him.  We acknowledge that. It's the other things he does that we value as captain. He set up our leadership program and his leadership around the club is terrific.

* Shaw and Dwayne Russell asked King why we got Kingsley. King said we expected to have a forward line of Richo, Browny, Schulz and Petts (in form) and Kingsley. He didn't cost us anything and it was a speculative pick.

* They then asked King where we expected to finish. King first said you can't really answer that. But as they pushed him for an answer and a caller rang in to say we must have thought differently (about a top 8 finish) at the start of the year to six weeks in as we got rid of Gaspar, King said everyone wants to make the Eight and you don't tell your players you aren't going to make the Eight. Shaw said the Gas decision was the right one. We might have won a game but his foot skills weren't up to it; that's why Joel was sent back.

Life goes on

« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2007, 05:55:59 PM »
Moi is Terry Wallace

One question...

'65

Went o my first game in 1966 at the age of six, been a memeber for 40 years.

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2007, 06:00:00 PM »
Moi is Terry Wallace

One question...

'65

Went o my first game in 1966 at the age of six, been a memeber for 40 years.

Not that it means jack but my opinion of your opinion just improved.

Mind you are a little too negative, I prefer my delusional state to your reality.

:gotigers

Life goes on

« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2007, 06:58:07 PM »
Well I reckon thats better than being too positive, getting a head of your self and being unrealistic with expectations. ;)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2007, 07:19:33 PM »
They didn't last year   ;)

Apart from the Eagles game crowd figures haven't changed or are even up from last year. The draw is the main reason we are down $1m at the gate. Home games against poor drawing clubs. We might jump up and down and carry on at times but we're a loyal lot. The past 25 years proves that  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: 3aw Richmond mid-season report (including David King)
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2007, 08:19:16 PM »
* King said we're desperate for Casserly to put games together as he had elite skills. His body just hasn't allowing him to do it.
The poor kid can't take trick  :(

* A caller said many Tiger fans are not happy with Kane as captain. King said Sugar isn't having the year he had last year as a tagger. Some opponents have got away from him.  We acknowledge that. It's the other things he does that we value as captain. He set up our leadership program and his leadership around the club is terrific.

* Shaw and Dwayne Russell asked King why we got Kingsley. King said we expected to have a forward line of Richo, Browny, Schulz and Petts (in form) and Kingsley. He didn't cost us anything and it was a speculative pick.

* They then asked King where we expected to finish. King first said you can't really answer that. But as they pushed him for an answer and a caller rang in to say we must have thought differently (about a top 8 finish) at the start of the year to six weeks in as we got rid of Gaspar, King said everyone wants to make the Eight and you don't tell your players you aren't going to make the Eight. Shaw said the Gas decision was the right one. We might have won a game but his foot skills weren't up to it; that's why Joel was sent back.
No surprise David King struggled defending Sugar and Kingsley. He also said that it's their job to re-consider where we were at after 6 rounds.

A caller rang up earlier about allowing veterans to play outside the salary cap so if they have just 2 games to go to reach a milestone at the end of the season they can stay on and reach that milestone and then retire. When David King agreed, Dwayne Russell being a smartalec chips in and says like what happened with Gas.

Life goes on

« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2007, 08:27:08 PM »

Pointless talking in the past.
Look at Richmond, won 9 games last year.
You are judged on the present, not the past and not the future.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2007, 10:54:40 PM »
Pointless talking in the past.
Does that include what Wallace said or didn't say 3 years ago or who we drafted or should've drafted ;).

Look at Richmond, won 9 games last year.
You are judged on the present, not the past and not the future.
True but if you don't win the flag then what you do during the year is quickly forgotten come round 1 the following year.

Life goes on

« Reply #29 on: June 17, 2007, 07:49:59 AM »
Dont win a flag? Win cant win a game, honourable losses are crap too I might add.
We had honourable losses under Spud didnt we ?
Than we had 3 X100 point thrashing under Wallace in one season and now we are back to honourable losses in 2007 ::)
Its like a horse race, margins dont matter.
Can tell you, the players will find it hard to regroup in Round 1 2008, then again if you have a change of sceneryEg Coach etc.
Things could change.