Author Topic: Email of support to Greg Miller  (Read 3608 times)

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Email of support to Greg Miller
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2004, 06:19:17 PM »

Yesterday, I agreed with you. Today, I dont.

For Miller to come out and say he wants Terry Wallace as coach in 2005 and everyone is going to stuff it up is rich. He could have had Wallace last year. Instead he argued to the board to keep Frawley as coach for 2004.

That's not football nouse.

Anyway, the board is called Richmond rant and I'm ranting. And I dont feel like stopping until everyone is sacked at Punt Rd and the guy that tipped manure out of the front of Brayshaw's office is made the coach.

froars

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2004, 07:11:31 PM »
Well, I'm going to vote for the group Miller gets behind.  I can do without Casey, and i can do without Schwab, but i can't do without my mu... Greg lol
He may or may not be the be all and end all of our woes, but i don't see nothing better - and haven't in the last 20 years that will turn our club around.  So i'm putting my faith in him.
The main reason is because he is an outsider looking in dispassionately at us.  I'm trusting his judgment as an unbiased, highly credentialled professional, who can look at what we need without rose-coloured glasses that we supporters sometimes ... actually nearly always view our club with.
I can't stand Casey, but if Greg supports him, i'll go with him.
And as Casey has said, he will put himself up for election in January - natural attrition for another person to take over, or Casey may survive on his own merits.
With how it is at the moment, with the possibility of losing the best available coach, i am not crazy about this new ticket for that reason.  They screw the coaching selection up, stuff 'em.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2004, 07:47:01 PM »
I agree with Froars. Miller is able to apply a less emotional viewpoint than some of us and at this stage I welcome that.

Speaking of blackmail, I think Pahoff and Shwab are the ones we should be accusing  - their view is that is if Casey doesn't resign then they'll invoke their 100 signatures. If Pahoff was so concerned with the Tiges why did he pee off overseas for 4 weeks in the middle of the season and when we were in so called crisis? If Shwab was so concerned why didn't he show up to a few more board meetings when he was a director?

Casey mightn't be the saviour, but I think his ego's big enough that he won't want to walk away from the club and be considered a failure.

I notice that tonight Demetriou (or however you spell it) came out and said that the timing of the takeover group isn't great...didn't sound like he thought that we were about to fold. David Parkin also said that he thought that this turmoil would push us down the list as the most preferred club to  go to which I think is what Miller feared.

froars

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2004, 07:54:05 PM »
Yeah, the use of the word blackmail i reckon can be applied to both camps.
I actually think using the word will be the least of our problems.  I think this is going to be a very dirty campaign and i don't think the RFC will come out the better for it.
If they really love the club as they profess, i really think that getting together now and work out ways to have this battle with minimal damage to our already pitiful image as a club.
You can do this ppl if you really care.

Offline bg25

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2004, 07:57:28 PM »
Yeah, the use of the word blackmail i reckon can be applied to both camps.
I actually think using the word will be the least of our problems.  I think this is going to be a very dirty campaign and i don't think the RFC will come out the better for it.
If they really love the club as they profess, i really think that getting together now and work out ways to have this battle with minimal damage to our already pitiful image as a club.
You can do this ppl if you really care.

I fear there are too many egos involved...dare I say it they're all men! (Whoops I said it). Miller was spot on - we are a laughing stock.....other clubs and supporters think we're a joke and yet we constantly reinforce the view anyway!

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #20 on: July 28, 2004, 10:01:56 AM »
For Miller to come out and say he wants Terry Wallace as coach in 2005 and everyone is going to stuff it up is rich. He could have had Wallace last year. Instead he argued to the board to keep Frawley as coach for 2004.

That's not football nouse.

THANK YOU. This all could have been solved last year and instead we point the finger at others. His demenour has been childish the past few days (not saying the others havent).

The sad thing about this, everyone involved has been acting like a kid in this all. Casey, Miller, Pahoff and Schwab.....

Any other tickets around?
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2004, 03:03:48 AM »
We've received a reply from Greg to our group email of support. If you would like a copy of it, PM me.

Cheers  :cheers,

MT.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

froars

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2004, 04:21:24 AM »
I like the bit where he says he knows some of us hhehehehe!
Yep Greg, i'm the hag from the social club you said i didn't know what i was talking about lol
I will forgive you if you get me the best group of cuties in the land this morning :-)
As for the others you know, hmmm lol
Over to you Ox  :rollin