Author Topic: Email of support to Greg Miller  (Read 3613 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Email of support to Greg Miller
« on: July 27, 2004, 03:08:50 AM »
What does everyone think of sending either jointly or separately an email to Greg Miller offering our support and upmost confidence in him? All this off-field crap seems to sadly have him at his last tether. If Miller leaves we might as well pack it all in as a Club  :'(. He's appears to be the only one who has Richmond's best interests at heart :help.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Fwoy3

• Un-unRichmondlike
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Shut the eff up Jack!
Re: Email of support to Greg Miller
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 04:05:42 AM »
Yeah, why not?

I'm also willing to start the Fahkoff Pahoff Petition. Only need 100 signatures. :thumbsup
My parents bought me a Richmond jumper and enrolled me in a junior footy clinic in 1981...look at me now.

froars

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 06:16:01 AM »
Yep, send a group one Mighty.
We lose Greg over all this crap, we may as well say goodbye RFC

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 10:24:47 AM »

We lose Greg over all this crap, we may as well say goodbye RFC

lets not get too carried away...

seems pretty clear mr casey is using Greg to blackmail us

vote me out and Miller goes , vote me back in and he stays

maybe i am being too cynical but thats how i see it...

Offline Harry

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Fighting injustice and incompetence
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 10:37:24 AM »
Hear hear Harry  :thumbsup

Pretty childish of Miller if you ask me.

The clubs bigger than the individual.

If he wants to leave I'll open the door for him.

He should want to be there for the RFC and not soley for Casey.

Casey's had his time and failed.  It'll be like Miller saying I'll only stay on if Frawley is given a contract extension.

Sign up Eade, a new set of assistants, and a new recruiting manager and start from scratch.

Who says Miller is the messiah anyway ?
Does anyone have half an idea on anything?

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 11:02:44 AM »
Let's not lose sight of the fact that 2 people on this alternative ticket namely Schwab & Welsh were on the boards that:

Appointed Gieschen, Frawley and gave Danny his extension and agreed with Greg Miller when he asked for that now infamous clause to be removed.

Approved the massive contracts given to (granted in the past) Gaspar & Daffy to name a few.

Can you see why people are nervous if Miller goes?

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2004, 11:05:20 AM »
At any other football club, it would not be the end of the world if Miller left, but at Richmond, where we have very little football nous, then it is a big deal.

And if Miller does go and we can't attract a Coach that knows his stuff then we might as well just close the doors now.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline om21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Original Melbourne 21
    • Original Melbourne 21
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2004, 02:37:47 PM »
I am hearing some sense in this topic.....if Miller wants to leave he can pee off.

Seriously, I dont get why people are supporting his antics of blackmail. We see success
at North and we immediately think he will translate it to us.

Gotta agree with the two Harrys on this one.

WP, question for you, what makes you think that Schwab and Welsh voted FOR and not AGAINST Frawleys extension and clause removal?
Den uparxei Ellada xwris AEK.

Finally our new webage: http://www.original21.com/melbourne

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2004, 02:46:07 PM »
WP, question for you, what makes you think that Schwab and Welsh voted FOR and not AGAINST Frawleys extension and clause removal?

om21,

Firstly I never said they voted "for" just said that they were on the board when those decisions were made. In all honesty I don't know about the removal of the clause but regarding the contract extension I can only go by what I have been told and one of them yeahed

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2004, 04:49:12 PM »
Let's not lose sight of the fact that 2 people on this alternative ticket namely Schwab & Welsh were on the boards that:

Appointed Gieschen, Frawley and gave Danny his extension and agreed with Greg Miller when he asked for that now infamous clause to be removed.

Approved the massive contracts given to (granted in the past) Gaspar & Daffy to name a few.

Can you see why people are nervous if Miller goes?

Exactly WP.

Miller is the only one with any idea about football down there and more importantly the only one with the best interests of the RFC in his heart. The tone of the email was one of heartfelt anguish. He was bleeding! Remember it wasn't a sanatised official press release but a personal email not meant for public view. He said what he felt and said some home truths about our footy club that needed to be told. We are a laughing stock. Have been for over 20 years. We have too many nobodies around the Club who hold no official position yet think they are more important and have far more influence than they really do, hence they cause nothing but trouble for those who are actually employed to run the Club. This IMHO is the cancer that has entrenched our culture - too many morons with egos and self-interest. I saw this first hand when I was younger. Nothing that has happened since, looking from the outside in, makes me think differently. The names change but the faceless remain. No wonder Miller has had a gutful of all this crap. As much as I believe we desperately need him to stay and want him to stay, I wouldn't blame him if he told the RFC now to get stuffed.

As much as Casey should go as well, it is laughable Schwab coming on radio this morning claiming no one would listen to him. What for over 5 years no one was listening to you Brendan? What were doing all that time then - Nothing?  ::). As for Welsh if he was so concerned why was his silence deafening when he ran for re-election at the AGM earlier this year and why at the time of his departure did he give the excuse he no longer had the time. All of them should sod off!  >:(.     
« Last Edit: July 27, 2004, 04:51:35 PM by mightytiges »

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2004, 05:10:36 PM »
Miller seems to be making the best attempt, of anyone in a long time, to turn Richmond around (against insurmountable odds it seems).

Even though there's pain that goes with that, he doesn't seem to be deviating one inch from how he thinks things need to be done.  People don’t see that though.  Everyone wants the instant results and success and if it's not done their way then it must be the wrong way.  For his troubles he has people belting him around the ears for his methods and for even trying.

Maybe Miller knows better than some that success doesn’t happen over night.  It takes time, patience and a bit of cunning.  Something very few adminstrators at Richmond have had.

As you say MT, he's one of very few who does seem to have the long-term interests of Richmond at heart.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2004, 05:13:29 PM »
black·mail
Extortion of money or something else of value from a person by the threat of exposing a criminal act or discreditable information.

How much are Casey and Miller asking for? ???
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2004, 05:17:25 PM »
Who says Miller is the messiah anyway ?
Is there a "put your hand up" icon I can use?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline 1980

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2004, 05:37:33 PM »

Who says Miller is so smart anyway? If he was, the Roos wouldnt have kicked him out. Instead he applied for a promotion and they chose some clown from the AFL no-one ever heard of. And he didnt even last the year.

Everyone gives me poo and accuses me of having a messiah complex because I wanted Kevin Sheedy or Malthouse to coach us. Well right back at you to the Miller disciples. You're as guilty of messiah complexes as I am.

And I'd rather have Kevin Sheedy coaching RFC than Greg Miller as its football director.

Bring back Tommy as football director and coach and president and tell everyone else to fawrk off. If we going down the toilet, lets do it with the the fashion statement of an adidas t-shirt

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2004, 06:06:43 PM »
I'm not saying Miller is the messiah either. Too early to judge anyway. Yes one person isn't going to get us out of this mess, however, he is the only one down at the Club who is demonstrating any football nouse whatsoever and the only one following a plan through to its conclusion unlike the last 20 years of our history where we as a Club would bail out and demand change if initial results didn't bring immediate success.