Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50311 times)

Ramps

Re: PSD targets
« Reply #180 on: October 18, 2007, 09:42:20 PM »
the three stooges are working in unison, if you guys are happy seeing our club at the bottom good luck to yas, but im not one of those, i want my club at the top, i want my club to be a big club again, i want my club to get big name players, if my club cant do that then my club has failed me and the rest of the supporters.

in the end everyone is entitled to their opinion. i was asked to name a player who went to a club via the psd. i did that. unfortunately the defenders of the indefensible cannot explain why RFC has finished wooden spooners 2 times in 4 years, and cant get a big name to the club.

Call us all the names you like, it doesn't change facts. You think we can just magically convince big name players to join the wooden spoon winning side. It just doesn't happen, as we have proven over and over.

You were asked to name a big name player that was attracted to the PSD by the side with the first pick in the PSD. You have failed to do so. You named Nick Stevens which is not a correct answer. It would be like us drafting Kepler Bradley in the PSD and claiming we lured him there.

You seem to think that just because we have realistic expectations about what is available for the pre-season draft, that we don't want success for our club. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Incorrect, I was asked to provide the name of 1 star player. I did that. Anyway, why are you using Jezza as a nicname do you barrack for Carlton or something!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #181 on: October 18, 2007, 09:46:19 PM »
the three stooges are working in unison, if you guys are happy seeing our club at the bottom good luck to yas, but im not one of those, i want my club at the top, i want my club to be a big club again, i want my club to get big name players, if my club cant do that then my club has failed me and the rest of the supporters.

in the end everyone is entitled to their opinion. i was asked to name a player who went to a club via the psd. i did that. unfortunately the defenders of the indefensible cannot explain why RFC has finished wooden spooners 2 times in 4 years, and cant get a big name to the club.

Call us all the names you like, it doesn't change facts. You think we can just magically convince big name players to join the wooden spoon winning side. It just doesn't happen, as we have proven over and over.

You were asked to name a big name player that was attracted to the PSD by the side with the first pick in the PSD. You have failed to do so. You named Nick Stevens which is not a correct answer. It would be like us drafting Kepler Bradley in the PSD and claiming we lured him there.

You seem to think that just because we have realistic expectations about what is available for the pre-season draft, that we don't want success for our club. Nothing could be further from the truth.

Incorrect, I was asked to provide the name of 1 star player. I did that. Anyway, why are you using Jezza as a nicname do you barrack for Carlton or something!

even then is that all you can come up with?

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #182 on: October 18, 2007, 11:48:07 PM »
if we pick up a bradley or richards then the club has failed us. im dead serious about this.

we are going nowhere if thats what they end up doing.

miller is all talk and got us nowhere in the end but u know what i seriously think it wasnt his fault.

i just think clubs see us as a bit of a rabble and lets face it. 2 finals in 24 years.

who would come to us with open arms nowadays
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #183 on: October 19, 2007, 12:04:58 AM »
Darren Gaspar was picked up by us in the PSD. Does he count as a big name?  ;)

even then is that all you can come up with?
:rollin

In all seriousness we don't have to use our PSD pick if all we'll be getting is another dud. If we want a ruckman then perhaps we scan the VFL, SANFL and WAFL for one as a mature rookie. A far cheaper option too.

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #184 on: October 19, 2007, 02:34:58 AM »
Daniel Kerr is warned by the Eagles each week to stay in check according to the Herald-Sun. Any Eagles' player who steps out of line will be delisted.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22611021%255E19742,00.html

Also Stuart Dew is thinking of making a comeback :o with either the Hawks or Port.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #185 on: October 19, 2007, 07:36:52 AM »

You were asked to provide one big name player that was lured to the PSD by the club with the first pick. That is the only evidence that will validate your argument that we have failed in that area. You have not done that so far.

And my name is Jeremy. Join the dots genius.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #186 on: October 19, 2007, 08:03:49 AM »
Keep digging that hole, ramps.At this rate you'll soon be in China.

Hey Ramps, could you please stop attributing things to people that they've never said, and clearly do not stand for?It's a sneaky tactic that you regularly use to avoid the issue at hand.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #187 on: October 19, 2007, 08:40:18 AM »
look at you all! bloody hopeless

ramps has been a really valued and top poster on this site.

give him a fricken  break. he had an opinion and he gave it. one this is 4 sure, he really wants whats best for the rfc, but all u stuck up know it all figjam posters who think your poo dont stink just have to keep digging and laying into ramps.

now at no stage has ramps asked me to defend him, and i know he can defend himself,but ffs, give him a break and just move on.

you all have a did at him and all think u are all above and beyond.

maybe its a wog thing, maybe i understand what ramps is on about but you guys that think u know it al just dont get it

just f off and let it go

Bull

« Reply #188 on: October 19, 2007, 08:50:05 AM »
RAMPS is spot on

Miller has survived on this big reputation for years and has hardly given the RFC anything.

He is meant to be the man leading our charge at uncontracted and disgruntled players at this time of the year.

October is Millers time to perform and so far he hasnt done much.........AGAIN

Stick it up em Ramps  :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: October 19, 2007, 08:54:51 AM »
RAMPS is spot on

Miller has survived on this big reputation for years and has hardly given the RFC anything.

He is meant to be the man leading our charge at uncontracted and disgruntled players at this time of the year.

bull u r spot on too

Stick it up em Ramps

and Miller, time to leave the building, ur legend is dead just like elvis. Miller =fostosser

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: October 19, 2007, 10:07:27 AM »
RAMPS is spot on

Miller has brought Brown, Johnson, Simmonds, Polak, Morton and McMahon in.

Also, further to the argument against Ramps, in 2004 we used our PSD pick 1 as leverage to trade extremely cheaply for Simmonds. So whilst you may complain we didn't get a star with PSD pick 1, we in fact got Simmonds and Knobel. Similarly this year, we were able get Morton on the cheap by way of having the first pick in the PSD. So whilst (as we have demonstrated ad nauseum) big name players just aren't available in the PSD, we have still been very successful in using the pre season draft to improve our list.

Bull

« Reply #191 on: October 19, 2007, 10:46:15 AM »
Brown only came coz of Wallace

Johnson always wanted to come to Richmond, easy get.

Simmonds wasnt really a big name when we got him. Have to give Miller a tick for this one though.

Polak wasnt just Miller either, Freo wanted to offload him anyway coz of his off field trouble.

Morton, time will tell

McMahon only come coz of Terry also.

Good job Greg :clapping

By the way Simmonds was a trade not PSD, traded in the Fiona deal.

Ramps

« Reply #192 on: October 19, 2007, 11:35:57 AM »
If there is no big name left in this PSD and I hope the club really does have a big name player ready, then I ask why we coughed up pick 18 for McMahon and 35 for Morton. Why not just put Morton into the PSD and give the Bulldogs 35 for McMahon which is what he is worth IMHO? Why leave the club having to take a pick at 51 when it was probably unnecessary?

richmondrules

« Reply #193 on: October 19, 2007, 01:10:31 PM »

Not entirely true. Casey had a lot to do with getting him here. He was looking for help with his finances and planning for life after football and the Bulldogs were not interested in helping. Casey and Miller made a large presentation to him to attract him to the club showing him how the could help him with property investment. This of course is something Smorgan denied but I trust that guy about as far as I can throw him.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #194 on: October 19, 2007, 02:36:17 PM »

Johnson always wanted to come to Richmond, easy get.

Simmonds wasnt really a big name when we got him. Have to give Miller a tick for this one though.

Polak wasnt just Miller either, Freo wanted to offload him anyway coz of his off field trouble.

Morton, time will tell

McMahon only come coz of Terry also.

Good job Greg :clapping

By the way Simmonds was a trade not PSD, traded in the Fiona deal.

Okey dokey:

1. Wallace wasn't at the club when Brown was traded for. So any attempt to attribute that to Wallace and not Miller is fanciful.

2. Still had to get the job done.

3. Simmonds may not have been a big name, but at a time when ruckmen were in high demand, we did a very, very good deal to get him.

4. Whether or not Freo wanted to get rid of him, again Miller did an excellent job to get him for the deal we did for Polak.

Morton will be a good deal, the risk is a lot lower with Morton than it is using pick 35. And the benefit is it still leaves us with the PSD to use if we want.

The McMahon deal I agree is a worry. Simmonds and Morton we got very cheaply because they were out of contract and we used our PSD pick as leverage. Can't see why we had to give up so much to get an out of contract player, even a downgrade to their second round pick would have been a good option.