Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50291 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: "There is really nobody of any note in the PSD" - Miller
« Reply #240 on: October 25, 2007, 09:56:14 PM »
from today's Australian

Matthews said salary-cap restrictions would prevent the club from taking part in the pre-season draft, with Collingwood also confirming its intention to skip the December draft meeting.

Richmond has the first pick in but Tigers football director Greg Miller agreed the absence of Brennan meant there were no "big names" left on the market.

"There is really nobody of any note," Miller said. "There is not really a standout."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22643485-5012432,00.html

Is this a red herring on Millers part,  from what i was told by someone high up within another club there are still some quality players that havent been signed to new contracts, even the reigning premiers.

I believe there will be another one or two delistments at tigerland before the cut off date, oh well have to sit tight and wait and see what unfolds.

Publicly there's only that rumour of Embley still wanting out of his contract at the Eagles to go to Carlton plus Fraser and Rutten still out of contract. More likely though is all 3 will stay at their respective current club.

yeh these guys were mentioned by my contact, he also alluded to several other name players but wouldnt divulge them to me for obvious reasons.
Something about his club having the pick after ours :-X, the thing i found strange is that this mob have easily enough room in their salary cap.
That'd be either West Coast or if a PSD pick Carlton. You would think any club would try to either convince a "name" player to stay or trade the player if he wants out rather than do nothing and let them just walk out into the PSD. It's for this reason I just doubt a "name" player will appear after trade week based on history despite the whispers. The PSD has been more than ordinary in recent years when it comes to recycled players. You're better off picking up a kid.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #241 on: October 26, 2007, 12:15:26 PM »
we r a joke we really are.

miller hs done nothing form this club that anyone else couldnt have done. Its best he leaves.

no one wants to come to richmond and until guys like GM peees off that will never change.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #242 on: October 26, 2007, 01:53:08 PM »
we r a joke we really are.

miller hs done nothing form this club that anyone else couldnt have done. Its best he leaves.

no one wants to come to richmond and until guys like GM peees off that will never change.

and what name player has a club like Collingwood been able to attract?
now considering with all their money and fantastic facilites not many, just because we have 1st pick in the PSD doesnt mean there will be players clamouring to join us, and and another point how many good players have ended up in the PD over the last few years not many...because trades are usually done in the trade period.

got to wonder sometime. 

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #243 on: October 26, 2007, 02:04:41 PM »

Morton and McMahon wanted to come to Richmond.Fact.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #244 on: October 26, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »

Morton and McMahon wanted to come to Richmond.Fact.

not to mention some other over the last few seasons, considering we have been basically crap for god knows how long now we havent done too bad.

i reckon some like sticking the boot in just for the sake of it.

whaddayareckon Gordon.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #245 on: October 26, 2007, 03:14:18 PM »
i reckon some like sticking the boot in just for the sake of it.

whaddayareckon Gordon.
I reckon that there must be some sort of pay off for them, otherwise they wouldn't do it. 

FooffooValve

« Reply #246 on: October 26, 2007, 03:49:09 PM »
Don't care what their reputations are or what others think, I'd rather take Watts or Bradley in the ND or PSD than a kid at pick 60-something in this shallow draft. Or even look at rookie list for Watts.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #247 on: October 26, 2007, 04:14:18 PM »
agree FFV

and also about jordy and mitch

did jordy want the rfc, or terry? thats the question

and about mitch, did he want the rfc because he knew/knows we are getting his bro

i am pretty sure in the perth media , mitch said he wanted to come to richmond to play with his bro

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #248 on: October 26, 2007, 05:39:36 PM »
Don't care what their reputations are or what others think, I'd rather take Watts or Bradley in the ND or PSD than a kid at pick 60-something in this shallow draft. Or even look at rookie list for Watts.
It is slim pickings at pick 60 in the National draft but Bradley is rumoured to be homesick and wants to head back to WA while Watts struggled to comeback from a broken ankle which he had 5 operations on as well as OP.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #249 on: October 26, 2007, 05:43:29 PM »
agree FFV

and also about jordy and mitch

did jordy want the rfc, or terry? thats the question

and about mitch, did he want the rfc because he knew/knows we are getting his bro

i am pretty sure in the perth media , mitch said he wanted to come to richmond to play with his bro
Jordy chose Richmond because of our off-field player welfare setup. Terry being here as well and his new contract would've been attractive for him too. He was critical of the doggies not helping and supporting him with personal/family issues this year and wanted a change.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: October 26, 2007, 05:48:00 PM »
well if we have great off field welfare cuzzy might just fit in. :shh

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: October 26, 2007, 06:00:51 PM »

what do you knwo roger

come on spit it out

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: October 26, 2007, 06:31:34 PM »

what do you knwo roger

come on spit it out

nothing.

Tigermonk

« Reply #253 on: October 26, 2007, 06:38:12 PM »

all the drugs are over here thats why there all comming this way
better to be closer to the dealers save on STD phone calls  :lol
na just joking Rogerd3
look l be very rapt if a champion like Cousins came to the Tigers it could start something off for us in a big way
Cousins teaching Foley, Deledio, Tambling & others the work rate they have to lift too
would also spark other players like Tivendale Brown Newman Polo it can lift confidence up a peg
the confidence we are missing in closing out games when we are in it in the last quarters
this is what we are missing is a big game player
just look at Foley the way he burst out of the centre kicking them goals the whole team got behind it
Our ruck injuries really killed us out this year & thats a big lose
losing them close games we could have won l bet it be different next season

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers still considering all their PSD options - Miller (The Age)
« Reply #254 on: October 28, 2007, 03:17:46 AM »
from the Sunday Age

Miller said the Tigers were still considering all their options in regard to the No. 1 selection.

"We will be looking to get the best possible player in the pre-season draft," he said. "Maybe that will be a junior, someone who has been overlooked in the (national) draft."

Link.