Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50267 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #300 on: October 31, 2007, 10:06:22 PM »
Hmmm ... Go for the flakey but talented small FP with premiership experience whose position we don't particularly need. Or the not so talented but tall ruckman whose position need to fill desperately. Or perhaps make a play for the 30 year old champion drug addict who could give us 3 years of excellent service, or could in the worst case scenario lead our very young list astray starting the West Coast rot at the RFC.

What to do ... what to do ... all could easily end up a waste of space. One in particular has the potential to be extremely dangerous.

I vote a young untried KPP or ruckman who missed out on the draft but showed some potential. Hope we have a policy of inviting no one under 192 cm to come train with us after the draft.
I'm with your thoughts RROFO. Rather us give a young KPP a chance than a injury-prone or unfit recycled player. Richards looked promising when he was younger but injuries have stuffed him up.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #301 on: November 02, 2007, 02:59:37 PM »
i notice in todays age that the tigers have refused to list their expenditure like all other clubs.

now i wonder why that would be. maybe cause its the last on that list.

a joke really considering the cash we have available
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #302 on: November 02, 2007, 03:29:12 PM »
I vote a young untried KPP or ruckman who missed out on the draft but showed some potential. Hope we have a policy of inviting no one under 192 cm to come train with us after the draft.

That's my bet too RROFO.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #303 on: November 02, 2007, 04:46:47 PM »
i notice in todays age that the tigers have refused to list their expenditure like all other clubs.

now i wonder why that would be. maybe cause its the last on that list.

a joke really considering the cash we have available

And what cash is that???   ???

We're lucky to have the amount of cash we do now.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #304 on: November 02, 2007, 11:41:41 PM »
Lance Whitnall's hopes of reviving his stalled AFL career have taken another blow with Wallace all but confirming that the Tigers would not be interested in selecting the 28-year-old big man in December's pre-season draft.

The Tigers have joined the growing list of clubs who have shown little to no interest in Whitnall's services for 2008.

"Our fit is blokes who are 24 years or under, (it) is the main way that we've gone about it (recruiting) and that's what we've done with our trades up until this stage," Wallace asserted.

"Unless we saw someone who was an outstanding fit for the football club, we wouldn't be going down that path (of recruiting players older than 24)."

Full article at: http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/tigers-shore-up-financial-future-38191

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #305 on: November 04, 2007, 05:46:42 AM »
Guy Richards is going to try to get picked up in the National draft first so even he might not be around in the PSD.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/the-right-guy-for-a-new-club/2007/11/03/1193619206123.html

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #306 on: November 04, 2007, 08:43:23 AM »
Guy Richards is going to try to get picked up in the National draft first so even he might not be around in the PSD.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/the-right-guy-for-a-new-club/2007/11/03/1193619206123.html

dreamin  :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep :sleep

Offline Mini Tiger

• Future Richmond star
  • Is that a change on the horizon?
« Reply #307 on: November 04, 2007, 09:29:47 AM »
We need a ruckman. What if there is no one left at our last pick, and we pick him. Surely the club would still pick a young ruck in the rookie draft to blood like they did Graham, although I thought Graham should have stayed one more year on the rookie list, but anyway.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #308 on: November 04, 2007, 05:08:56 PM »
We need a ruckman. What if there is no one left at our last pick, and we pick him. Surely the club would still pick a young ruck in the rookie draft to blood like they did Graham, although I thought Graham should have stayed one more year on the rookie list, but anyway.
With 4 rookie picks you'd hope one of them will be a ruckman Mini. There's always the option of a mature rookie too who could be a ruckman. The rest of our rookie picks should be a combo of young KPPs and mids IMO.

If Richards has registered for the National draft then we mustn't be showing much interest in him. If we wanted him all he would've needed to do is wait till the PSD.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #309 on: November 04, 2007, 08:36:23 PM »
Apparently (taking this from a Pie fan) on the back page (p.20) of the Sunday Age sports lift out it says:

"The Blues are expected to be largely inactive in the PSD unless Guy Richards is available at pick two. Richmond is almost certain to take the former Magpie beanpole as first pick."

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #310 on: November 06, 2007, 04:33:58 AM »
Sampi, discarded by the Eagles, has been given no guarantees of a berth on the Demons' list.

However if he sheds weight and can hold up to the rigours of a personalised program, Sampi is sure to spark interest from not only the Demons.

Richmond and Carlton will get a crack before Melbourne if the talented forward slips through to the pre-season draft.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22709286%255E20322,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #311 on: November 06, 2007, 06:31:50 PM »
Brennan said today us and the Bombers tempted him with big offers but he didn't think he could handle the fishbowl environment in Melbourne. Just goes to show the club chased hard but if they don't want to leave then there's not much else the club can do.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Brennan-to-make-big-career-decision/2007/11/06/1194118008754.html

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #312 on: November 06, 2007, 07:56:15 PM »
Brennan said today us and the Bombers tempted him with big offers but he didn't think he could handle the fishbowl environment in Melbourne. Just goes to show the club chased hard but if they don't want to leave then there's not much else the club can do.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Brennan-to-make-big-career-decision/2007/11/06/1194118008754.html

fishbowl environment  ???

is he for real

how many teams in melbourne?

how many teams in brisbane?

why dosnt brenna just tell the truth rather than maybe such bs statements.

he should have said, i used the melbourne clubs to put pressure on brisbane to give me a better contract!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 08:19:07 PM by one-eyed »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #313 on: November 07, 2007, 10:42:57 AM »
he should have said, i used the melbourne clubs to put pressure on brisbane to give me a better contract!
Or my manager used the melbourne clubs to put pressure on brisbane to give me a better contract  :whistle. It's what managers do to all clubs.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #314 on: November 08, 2007, 02:35:31 AM »
Still plenty of time for him to re-sign (before Nov 27) but Josh Fraser has been back from his overseas holiday for over a week and still hasn't re-signed with the Pies.

http://www.voy.com/51976/101371320.html