Author Topic: PSD targets / Who Will We Pick In PSD  (Read 50241 times)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Guy Richards
« Reply #390 on: November 22, 2007, 12:15:11 PM »
See the AFL site says Richards has nominated for Saturday's draft. Perhaps we are keeping our PSD options open  :-\

We are not taking him by the sounds of it.

Good thing too.

I'd take Hartigan again ahead of Richards.
Heck I'd just about take anyone ahead of that dunce.

hartigan. are u trying to be funny.
id rather anyone than him. he is not even worthy of playing burg seconds that bloke
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #391 on: November 22, 2007, 02:25:19 PM »
hartigan. are u trying to be funny.
id rather anyone than him. he is not even worthy of playing burg seconds that bloke

Lol perhaps true but neither is Guy.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #392 on: November 22, 2007, 06:53:24 PM »
Sounds like we really have not made up our minds to draft him and have given him no guarantees. As it should be. I still favour picking a young guy with promise, or dare I say it, X-Factor, who missed out on the draft. The PSD, when the are limited selection options, is a good place for X-Factor IMHO.
I am just hoping that we take an undrafted Junior with our first pick in the PSD. We are going to run a session this Sunday for all those undrafted players, as well as a number of delisted players from other clubs. I would imagine we will pick our player from that group.
[/quote]
Let's hope so. I too would rather we take another kid or at least someone U21/22 from outside the AFL who may have been a late developer. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #393 on: November 25, 2007, 05:42:26 AM »
PSD picks:

1. Richmond
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Fremantle

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: PSD targets / Guy Richards
« Reply #394 on: November 25, 2007, 06:15:57 AM »
So in the PSD do we go for the ready-made Richards assuming no one else on an AFL list falls out OR do we go for one of the kids who missed out on getting picked up in the draft yesterday?

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #395 on: November 25, 2007, 07:24:51 AM »
we have 4 guys who can ruck on our list now.

fast tracking patto last season was a bonus.  we dont need 5 rucks, and remember we were damn good ay clearance work without many ruck stocks in 07

i say pick up another kid, a gourdis, bellchambers etc

Offline terrys tigers

• Tiger Rookie
Re: PSD targets
« Reply #396 on: November 25, 2007, 09:24:59 AM »
PSD picks:

1. Richmond
2. Carlton
3. Melbourne
4. Bulldogs
5. Essendon
6. Fremantle

WCE will get a pick at 7 after Ben Cousins is officially removed from the list

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #397 on: November 25, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
After picking up Putt - I dont see a need (not that i did before either) Richards.

I'd rather draft another kid or hell even re-draft one of our delisted kids before Richards ;D

IS Jim Boogie still available :rollin
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Ramps

« Reply #398 on: November 25, 2007, 05:52:14 PM »
After picking up Putt - I dont see a need (not that i did before either) Richards.

I'd rather draft another kid or hell even re-draft one of our delisted kids before Richards ;D

IS Jim Boogie still available :rollin

Jimmy and the aboriginal boy whom I manage B.B. Blah are in full training as we speak  ;D

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #399 on: November 25, 2007, 09:09:25 PM »
I still have a feeling the Club will pick up Richards as "ready-made back-up" :-\ although I'd prefer us to go for a kid so including our first rookie pick we get two of the best kids who missed out on the draft.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
New talent or Ash McGrath may be Tiger PSD target - Miller
« Reply #400 on: November 26, 2007, 01:19:12 AM »
New talent may be Tiger target
Jake Niall | November 26, 2007 | The Age

RICHMOND is considering using its prized first selection in the pre-season draft on the best untried talent that was overlooked in Saturday's national draft rather than a seasoned performer.

The Tigers yesterday held a trial for 14 players who did not make the cut on Saturday draft, and yesterday confirmed that they might not pick a seasoned AFL player — either uncontracted or delisted — in next month's pre-season draft.

With the Tigers contemplating picking a kid with their first choice — with which clubs usually hope to land a proven uncontracted player — the pre-season draft could see the unprecedented situation in which the top three choices are all juniors.

Carlton and Melbourne, which have the second and third choices respectively, also are giving strong consideration to overlooking the thin pool of delisted and uncontracted players.

None of the first three in the pre-season draft are interested in Adelaide forward Scott Welsh, who is committed to join the Bulldogs on a two-year deal.

"It won't necessarily be a seasoned player and it won't necessarily be a junior," said Richmond football director Greg Miller. "We've got no preconceived thoughts at the moment."

Miller said, however, that the Tigers would be willing to look at uncontracted Brisbane Lion Ashley McGrath, who, Welsh aside, would be the best seasoned talent available at this stage.

McGrath has indicated he is interested in joining Fremantle and returning to his home state, but it might prove difficult for him to get past the five clubs ahead of the Dockers.

It is unlikely that he would walk out on Brisbane for a Melbourne club.

Miller said the Tigers would "make a significant improvement" to their list with the first choice not only in the pre-season draft, but also in the rookie draft — which has assumed greater importance for all clubs.

Miller said the club had already reduced the 15 from the trial to "five or six" who would be invited to train with the club before the pre-season and rookie drafts, which are both held on December 11.

Miller said former Fremantle player Clayton Collard, an unfulfilled talent who disappointed in his brief career as a Docker, had been invited to train at Punt Road. Former Collingwood ruckman Guy Richards is another who had been training with the Tigers.

Miller named some of the players whom the club was considering drafting in either the rookie or pre-season draft. They were Jeremy Laidler and Ashley Arrowsmith from the Calder Cannons, Daniel Gourdis (Perth) and Jared Patrenko (Woodville-West Torrens). Gourdis also is about to start training at Richmond.

PRE-SEASON DRAFT:
The pre-season draft order, at this stage, and possible selections:

1. Richmond: Open-minded about whether to pick the best untried or seasoned player.

2. Carlton: Similar to Richmond, might pick a kid or upgrade rookie Michael Jamison if there is no suitable player

3. Melbourne: As likely to pick a kid as ex-Eagle Ashley Sampi.

4. Western Bulldogs: Have committed to Adelaide forward Scott Welsh on a two-year deal.

5. Essendon: Has kept a pick open, but has not committed to anyone.

6. Fremantle: Interested in uncontracted Lion Ashley McGrath, if he does not re-sign.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/new-talent-may-be-tiger-target/2007/11/25/1195975870007.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
Who Will We Pick In PSD
« Reply #401 on: November 26, 2007, 12:01:34 PM »
who will we pick in the Pre-Season Draft ???

i don't see the point in drafting Richards if we drafted Putt who is 200+ and is a ruckman ...

and i hope we don't draft Richards

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Who Will We Pick In PSD
« Reply #402 on: November 26, 2007, 12:37:42 PM »
A lot of people are saying that now we have Putt, we don't need Richards.

Last time I checked Putt is only 17 or 18, and wouldn't be ready to take on the ruck as Patto did last season.

As much as I don't want Richards, if we had him, it frees up Polak to get settled in a position, we don't have to use Tuck in the ruck as well.

And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: Who Will We Pick In PSD
« Reply #403 on: November 26, 2007, 12:58:12 PM »
Gourdis

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: New talent or Ash McGrath may be Tiger PSD target - Miller