Author Topic: Richmond vs Kangaroos match thread  (Read 5316 times)

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
Re: Richmond vs Kangaroos match thread
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2007, 11:50:58 PM »
And who dismissed Petrie earlier on the week as not being a threat?

Me.

Got a bit of egg on my face over that one. hehe.
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #31 on: July 08, 2007, 11:55:11 PM »

Has there ever been a WORSE captain in the AFL, EVER?
Think about the following things

1 Laughable skills.
2 - NEVER inspires team
3 - Scared of the REAL hard ball
4 - never talks
5 - responsible for @ least two losses this year,himself whilst NOT being responsible for any wins.
6 - The ability to enter a set play and completely kill its vibe.

I really would love to hear some of the more sensible posters view on this........as well as us

Dunno if I'm counted as one of the more sensible posters Ox but here's my thoughts on each one;
1- Check
2- Check
3- Check
4- Check
5- Can't remember which two losses your talking about Ox but check on not being responsible for any wins.
6- Check

I've just got my fingers crossed that he is eased out of the captaincy at the end of the year, to "allow Kane to concentrate on his game"
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine

Offline Babsky

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2007, 12:13:37 AM »
Can someone explain to me why Terry wouldn't drop a few players back and give the boys who have been performing at Coburg a shot??  Maybe its time for Johnson, Petts, Bowden & co. to earn their spot rather than be listed because of their "experience".  Watching Coburg yesterday there are at least 4 players who would have done a better job tonight......

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #33 on: July 09, 2007, 01:04:55 AM »

Has there ever been a WORSE captain in the AFL, EVER?
Think about the following things

1 Laughable skills.
2 - NEVER inspires team
3 - Scared of the REAL hard ball
4 - never talks
5 - responsible for @ least two losses this year,himself whilst NOT being responsible for any wins.
6 - The ability to enter a set play and completely kill its vibe.

I really would love to hear some of the more sensible posters view on this........as well as us

Dunno if I'm counted as one of the more sensible posters Ox but here's my thoughts on each one;
1- Check
2- Check
3- Check
4- Check
5- Can't remember which two losses your talking about Ox but check on not being responsible for any wins.
6- Check

I've just got my fingers crossed that he is eased out of the captaincy at the end of the year, to "allow Kane to concentrate on his game"
Agree on all the above criteria as we all know on the number of threads and posts that have been posted on this forum throughout the course of the season. He did have a dip tonight  during the third quarter I thought but his input in the course of the game through getting the ball disposing of it and his chatter on the field lacks charcter vibrancy vivaciousness and hence he is just a plain footballer who is being outshone by many of the junior members of the footy club week in and week out and therefore the captaincy needs to be taken from him as people like that do not inspire, they infuriate and leave you scratching your head at the position they hold. As for the worst captain in the league I would tend to say yes right now although the captain of the opposition we play next week should he return from injury may have a say in these matters if he strings a few games together. All in all we need an overhaul in our on field leadership area post season b/c Sugar is about as sweet as a lemon in these regards.

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: July 09, 2007, 09:54:43 AM »
The TANKING started from the Terry Wallace talk to the commentators before the game saying we are not tanking  :rollin
If everyone is saying that Terry than its true get out of the club the members dont want your BS promises anymore

Give me that team l would coach them better than TW
his matchups are a JOKE at the start of a game you can see it so plain
my room of vistors said oh no our matchups are going to kill us in the first 15 minutes & what happened

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

get out of our club TW you were a poo player for us & your a poo coach too l have had a gutful of you

Passionfruit

« Reply #35 on: July 09, 2007, 10:11:04 AM »
The TANKING started from the Terry Wallace talk to the commentators before the game saying we are not tanking  :rollin
If everyone is saying that Terry than its true get out of the club the members dont want your BS promises anymore

Give me that team l would coach them better than TW
his matchups are a JOKE at the start of a game you can see it so plain
my room of vistors said oh no our matchups are going to kill us in the first 15 minutes & what happened

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

get out of our club TW you were a pooh player for us & your a pooh coach too l have had a gutful of you

I wont say a word :thumbsup

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #36 on: July 09, 2007, 12:24:17 PM »
I thought you said we weren't tanking Jack :-\

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #37 on: July 09, 2007, 05:38:24 PM »
Can someone explain to me why Terry wouldn't drop a few players back and give the boys who have been performing at Coburg a shot??  Maybe its time for Johnson, Petts, Bowden & co. to earn their spot rather than be listed because of their "experience".  Watching Coburg yesterday there are at least 4 players who would have done a better job tonight......
To remain competitive and to give our cubs are chance to focus on their game by having senior players in the team around them. A team full of youth would get smashed which does nothing for our cubs development. Jack starred at Coburg the past couple of weeks but didn't do much last night due to his youth and inexperience. It's a massive gap from VFL to AFL.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2007, 05:40:06 PM »
Jack also needs to find an extra yard or two in speed from what I saw.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #39 on: July 09, 2007, 05:42:24 PM »
Jack also needs to find an extra yard or two in speed from what I saw.
True Ramps. It's only his first year though so give him another preseason or three.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Passionfruit

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2007, 08:13:29 PM »

We dont tank, we are just that bad

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2007, 08:21:45 PM »

We dont tank, we are just that bad

"we"  ???  :lol

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #42 on: July 09, 2007, 09:02:23 PM »
So tell me - who's fault is it when a player has been given a specific instruction regarding their opponent and they do not follow that instruction ???

Now me thinks that is the fault of the player not the coach

I agree with MT for us to finish up only losing by 25 points is an indictment on North. It was worse effort of the year behind the Geelong game and we only lost by 25 points shopuld have 75 points.

Also agree with all the comments about our skills absolutely shocking.

The only thing worse than our skills yesterday was our decision making - I mean kciking to Brown when he has 3 opponents ...pluuhhzeeee

Tuck - i just read in the HUN had 11 clangers :gobdrop :gobdrop

Sad thing is he's been doing most of the year - gets the ball and chucks it on his boot.

As for some of the others - lest just say they didn't let me down with their disposal efforts  :shh

Just on Jake King - agree made a terrible mistake in the final quarter but he shows more G&D than a lot of his team mates

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2007, 10:28:00 PM »

As for some of the others - lest just say they didn't let me down with their disposal efforts  :shh

3 possessions in 1 hr is just not good enough, u must admit to that wp. i reckon terry deep down would be mega peed off with an effort like that
a half of footy like that for guys like meyer , krak etc means punishment

Online cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #44 on: July 09, 2007, 11:59:40 PM »
Man - Just have to say really dissapointed with that.
Thought we were a real show, and in all honesty the final score did flatter us.
Yeah the roos are ok, but we just seem to save our best for the real tough games (adelaide in adelaide, freo in freo) and then we come into a game where we, me them think they are a chance and the mental edge just goes out the window. whereas if we played as we did in some of those better games we could of not only of won but won in relative comfort.

You Know of the 5 'what I consider'  most dissapointing performances this year including this one against the Roos, the lions and the win against Melbourne were another 2 of them.
The Brisbane game was atrocious. Geelong (captain obvious) and Skunks being the others.

Just hope they can switch on this week, otherwise I will be embarrased for the club and personally shattered.
Just can't let the Hawks smash us, which will be on the cards unless above.