Author Topic: Taking off the Blinkers  (Read 2893 times)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Taking off the Blinkers
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 12:25:46 PM »
Good to see you bg25. :thumbsup

Offline MikeetIGER

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 02:31:45 PM »

ever looked in the mirror lately?

No, but I saw your webcam earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zuhk2j4vCs

LOL.  Pearler Fwoy.   :thumbsup 

GO TIGES!!!

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 04:25:48 PM »
Many were screaming for Wallace to play the kids three years ago yet Terry persisted with seasoned duds far longer than he should have.

Of course he is playing youngsters now.

Reactionary rather than visionary IMO and he likely will not be there to enjoy their successes, if indeed they ever have any.

Offline harry bosch

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 04:56:22 PM »
Over the last 3 years there has been a gradual increase in the amount of kids/younger players in the side..
You can't say that they are only now playing the kids...

This view many people have that we are only playing kids this year is rubbish...

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 05:04:37 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Zuhk2j4vCs
Love the bit when he screams "I don't need help and support! I don't need help and support!". You need help and support kid  :rollin
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 05:11:20 PM »
Many were screaming for Wallace to play the kids three years ago yet Terry persisted with seasoned duds far longer than he should have.

Of course he is playing youngsters now.

Reactionary rather than visionary IMO and he likely will not be there to enjoy their successes, if indeed they ever have any.

Can I point out that a lot of the kids coming in now have earnt their spots which is probably why Terry's delayed playing them (and also why we've brought in guys like Graham and Kingsley for one-off seasons - so the kids would have a veteran to displace).  They've spent at least a dozen games or so (& some guys a whole season or two) at Coburg developing and once in the seniors they're not going to take it for granted.

I remember Lids & Bling being gifted jerseys in their first year and if you look back - it probably may have been better to have them learn the craft in the 2s away from the spotlight and earn their spots.  I don't think Wallace is as dumb as he looks.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2007, 05:27:31 PM »
Hall (hip - gone), Knobel (ankle - gone), Casserly (injuries), Petersen (OP) and Clingan (rookie) are the only 5 Tigers not to play this year. Cass will make his debut sometime in the next 4 weeks to make it 38 players used this year. Everyone who is on our list and not injured has played games.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2007, 09:17:52 PM »
Bumper 'd' bump :cheers

I started this last week because I thought our kids stood up down at the Hell Hole (aka Skilled Stadium Geelong :chuck)

Well our kids stood up again on Friday night - hopefully now some mopre people can see what I keep seeing - things aren't as grim as people think

:gotigers :gotigers
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Bumper 'd' bump :cheers

I started this last week because I thought our kids stood up down at the Hell Hole (aka Skilled Stadium Geelong :chuck)

Well our kids stood up again on Friday night - hopefully now some more people can see what I keep seeing - things aren't as grim as people think

:gotigers :gotigers
Well said WP. Keep the faith :thumbsup. It makes it a hell of a lot easier for the cubs too when everyone in the team is doing their job and the cubs can just focus on playing their own game within the team structure because finally there is a team structure.