Author Topic: 2007 NAB Draft  (Read 38326 times)

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
Re: 2007 NAB Draft
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2007, 02:03:12 PM »
Just a question. Say we wanted Darcy Daniher, so we offer to use pick 19, Essendon have to match that with their 2nd rounder to get him?
That's right wayne. The club with the F/S must use their next pick after the bid if they want him. Daniher is also eligible to go F/S to the Swans but the Dons are favourite.

this new rule like all other rules introduced are very frustrating and hard to understand. Why couldn't they just keep the old 3rd rounder  >:(

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2007, 02:18:25 PM »
almost forgot top effort MT  :clapping

Although I don't reckon Henderson will go so high re injuries all year
Selwood would be lucky to go as high as 10 on his own performances, but his surname could rocket him that high
Essendon will take Rioli regardless of where their pick is IMO
Rance will go before Pears so a bit of wishful tinkering with the draft order me thinks 8)
Collier could push 1st round, been superb for Tassie until his injury
Motlop will not drop that far, extremely highly rated
Normington is another, athletic type in demand, will go round 2 IMO
Gaertner will push 1st round IMO, better prospect than Tom Williams 3 years back and he went at 6
Cheers bluey. Here's some of my reasons for where I had each of the above:

Melbourne will need to replace their KPPs so that's why I put Henderson going to the Dees. A "need" selection.

The 3 older Selwoods have proven themselves at AFL level. As you say Bluey his name will see Scott Selwood go early.

I don't rate U18 second division players as highly as others do in this draft so that's why I've got Motlop low. I've only put Rioli at 13 because his profile will have him going high but I'd be disappointed if we went for a 2nd divy player this year. Collier was overlooked last year wasn't he (?) so it'll be interesting to see where he goes this draft.

Gaertner is still very raw. Maybe a top club may go for him late first round but IMO there are "safer" first round options. IMO Tom Williams went too early in that draft.

With Sheeds going I don't see the Bombers taking Rioli whereas I would had he stayed. They do need more runners though as well as defensive talls to replace Fletcher and Michael.

I wasn't sure where to put Normington or the later picks. Before the U18 champs he had fans but his name seems to has dropped off the talk since. 3rd round seemed around the mark.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2007, 03:00:56 PM »
almost forgot top effort MT  :clapping

Although I don't reckon Henderson will go so high re injuries all year
Selwood would be lucky to go as high as 10 on his own performances, but his surname could rocket him that high
Essendon will take Rioli regardless of where their pick is IMO
Rance will go before Pears so a bit of wishful tinkering with the draft order me thinks 8)
Collier could push 1st round, been superb for Tassie until his injury
Motlop will not drop that far, extremely highly rated
Normington is another, athletic type in demand, will go round 2 IMO
Gaertner will push 1st round IMO, better prospect than Tom Williams 3 years back and he went at 6
With Sheeds going I don't see the Bombers taking Rioli whereas I would had he stayed. They do need more runners though as well as defensive talls to replace Fletcher and Michael.

yep forgot about that. It is sheeds infatuation with indigenous players not essendon.

From what I hear Sheeds is in love with Junior Rioli, if sheeds goes to melbourne expect rioli there as well  :shh

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2007, 06:35:05 PM »
Rance @ 19 would make me :D

ditto  :thumbsup

1st pick cotchin/masten
Priority pick Rance
2nd round Vezpremi
3rd round McGinnity/Farmer/Sullivan (if he falls through)
(note that I don't mind Farmer but it looks like Kingy has taken the spot I had in mind for a farmer type)
4th round Neville

Would be absolutely rapt, except still haven't got a ruckman unless Sullivan slips

If McEvoy falls through to our 2nd round pick

Then Masten at one (need a quality inside mid), Rance and McEvoy with back to back picks, and the rest as above
I like the sound of the latter bluey if we were that lucky. I don't think though McEvoy will fall to 18/19 but if we able to trade one of those picks up to pick 7 as Ramps suggested then he could come into our range.

It was interesting that Andy Collins played both Polkinghorne and Farmer at Coburg yet not the other Calder boys like Arrowsmith, Daniher, Trengrove or Putt. Makes you wonder if we (RFC) is interested in both.

Offline Obelix

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2007, 06:45:37 PM »
I'll be interested to see how the Melbourne recruiter performs and the kinds of decisions he makes.  Isn't he the one we're chasing?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2007, 08:10:05 PM »
I'll be interested to see how the Melbourne recruiter performs and the kinds of decisions he makes.  Isn't he the one we're chasing?
That was the word around on here although it's gone pretty quiet lately. Given the Dees are down the bottom of the ladder with us we wouldn't be picking up a recruiter from a top side  :-\.

Ramps

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2007, 08:15:41 PM »
That was the word around on here although it's gone pretty quiet lately. Given the Dees are down the bottom of the ladder with us we wouldn't be picking up a recruiter from a top side  :-\.

i could be a recruiter for the right amount of cash lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2007, 03:43:18 AM »
An article in the Herald-Sun about the NT kids:

NT coach Damian Hale expects at least two NTFL youngsters will be drafted in November. Cyril "Junior Boy" Rioli, who has a scholarship to attend Melbourne's Scotch College, is expected to go in the first round. And Marlon Motlop, a cousin of Port Adelaide's Daniel Motlop, is also a likely high draft pick.

"I think they (AFL recruiters) err on the side of caution with Northern Territory guys," Hale said.

"Richard Tambling and (Carlton's) Joe Anderson have gone straight through in the past couple of years, but Aaron and Alwyn Davey, Matty Stokes and Matty Campbell had to play elsewhere before getting an AFL opportunity.

"A lot of clubs say the players are too small but they certainly seem to have a match-up in the teams."

Hale said Austin Wonaeamirri, 19, who played for Norwood in the SANFL this year, would be an ideal AFL rookie. He also said the Territory's juniors played in the second division championships, making it impossible for recruiters to compare apples with apples".

Full article at: http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22246804%255E19742,00.html

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2007, 10:08:29 PM »
Cotchin will come to Richmond with our 1st pick, put my house on it (even though I don't own one  :rollin)

Richmond are a huge wrap for him I hear, and he is a Richmond supporter.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2007, 10:51:14 PM »
A Richmond supporter rang up SEN's VFL show and asked about Al Neville as far as a late draft pick. The presenter said Andy Collins rates Al Neville as high as he rated/rates Jake King.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2007, 11:03:08 PM »
A Richmond supporter rang up SEN's VFL show and asked about Al Neville as far as a late draft pick. The presenter said Andy Collins rates Al Neville as high as he rated/rates Jake King.

If we were to snap him up I'd say it would have to be a 4th rounder at the latest, otherwise other clubs will be snooping  :banghead

blx

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2007, 07:52:19 AM »
who else is jealous that Carlton might get DP1 Kruezer  AND  DP3   >:(

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2007, 08:42:56 AM »
Just a question. Say we wanted Darcy Daniher, so we offer to use pick 19, Essendon have to match that with their 2nd rounder to get him?
That's right wayne. The club with the F/S must use their next pick after the bid if they want him. Daniher is also eligible to go F/S to the Swans but the Dons are favourite.

this new rule like all other rules introduced are very frustrating and hard to understand. Why couldn't they just keep the old 3rd rounder  >:(
You could maybe use it to your advantage.

Hypothetically, say last year we kept pick 8. We want Joel Selwood and he's available at 7 and Geelong are keen. We say we are using pick 8 on Tom Hawkins, Geelong have to use their first round pick to get Tom Hawkins thus letting Selwood slip to 8 and we grab him.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2007, 08:45:38 AM »

From what I hear Sheeds is in love with Junior Rioli, if sheeds goes to melbourne expect rioli there as well  :shh

I reckon Melbourne could get themselves a few first round picks. I'd have almost everyone up for trade bar McLean.

Early second round pick and Brad Green could upgrade them to a 8-10 pick.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline DallasCrane

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • roll on 2011
« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2007, 11:31:55 AM »

I heard that call, I thought it may have been WP!
Experience is a good school. But the fees are high.
Heinrich Heine