Author Topic: Kelvin Moore [merged]  (Read 13562 times)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Kel Moore's shoulder injury
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
a subluxation is when a joint slightly moves out of line or its place, happens alot in the spine , ask any chiro.
its not a dislocation but in moores case he obv has an injury there so its a bit loose and the joint is shifting. he will play next week, they will just have to strap very quarter as strapping can become loose during a game,  hopefully it heals quickly b4 it becomes looser and fully dislocates

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2009, 09:09:04 PM »
a subluxation is when a joint slightly moves out of line or its place, happens alot in the spine , ask any chiro.
its not a dislocation but in moores case he obv has an injury there so its a bit loose and the joint is shifting. he will play next week, they will just have to strap very quarter as strapping can become loose during a game,  hopefully it heals quickly b4 it becomes looser and fully dislocates

Based on this am I right in assuming that it it starts "popping" that it it is highly likely it will continue to do so?

Which would be similar to what happened with Polo who ended up needing a shoulder reco to fix the problem
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2009, 09:44:43 AM »

Based on this am I right in assuming that it it starts "popping" that it it is highly likely it will continue to do so?

Which would be similar to what happened with Polo who ended up needing a shoulder reco to fix the problem

subluxation isnt a full dislocation or pop out, its just a small and subtle movement in the joint, u could call it a partial / not full dislocation. the risk is the joint could become looser and then the reoccuring dislocations would happen like polo. maybe the best thing for moore would be 2 weeks off now, get in the gym/rehab and stregnthen the joint and/or give it time to heal
if he plays on, he may have to re adjust his game to protect that shoulder

Offline TigerLand

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • I <3 Mrs Hardwick
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2009, 11:04:03 AM »
From experience I actually had this injury last year.

To explain the feeling as best I can. When extending or rotating the shoulder joint (like a wind mill action) reasonably quickly, my shoulder would pinch or "pop" maybe 1 in every 10 times. The feeling is really similar to a click of any bones (fingers, neck, knee) and goes immediately into "funny bone" state where is just feels extremely weak. Depending on how bad I clicked it determined how quickly feeling came back into the arm. No surgery was required but had 4 weeks rest and had 2 pops after that for the rest of the year (approx 12 weeks).

With proper medical staff I'm sure Kelvin's recovery would be significantly quicker but I wasn't 100% till the beginning of this years pre season.
Go Tigers!

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2009, 11:54:52 AM »
the reason you were feeling it ur funny bone is because when a joint subluxates, there is interefence with the nervous system , either by the movement and or swelling, which causes  referred pain or restricted movement in a referred area. hence the back related hammy, its noit a hammy but a subluxation in the lower back. it took years and yars for doctors to recognise this. chiropratctors have know about this since chiropractic started , but doctors who believe they know it all used to say chiros were fos and the word subluxation to them never existed. now thanks to collingwood who employ chiros as they are better than physios and many doctors to treat this. the maggies went on the from foot years ago to introduse chiros in the rehab team and then the word subluxation got around and the sports medicos started to believe.  the biggest problem in footy isnt the medical team but the physios.  physios make me laugh , but physiotherapists were once called physcial thereapists which was born and invented by chiros, but in the usa , their ama would have nothing to do with physical therapists because they were chiro born, so they decised we will have our own "physiotherapists".  all political, but the problem about this is that chiros know more about the function of the human body, skeletal system, nervous system etc than doctors. doctors know how to treat symptoms with drugs, chiros treat the cause with out the drugs.  why treat a headach so to speak with panadol if the cause of the headache is a subluxation in the neck/atlas area.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Less is more for Kelvin Moore (RFC)
« Reply #35 on: June 14, 2009, 05:17:50 PM »
Less is more for Kelvin Moore
richmondfc.com.au
By Jason Phelan Sun 14 June, 2009

AT ITS core footy is a pretty simple game. Kel Moore says he and his teammates were reminded of that during Jade Rawlings' first week in charge of the club and the results were there for all to see against West Coast on Saturday night.

"We had a few key focus points that we wanted to attack and that's the way that we would beat them. We wanted to play on instinct and play on where we could," Moore said after the 15-point win.

"It's been a tough first half of the season, but going into the game we simplified things a bit and just went out with the mindset that this was the start of our season.

"We've got a new coach, it's unfortunate what happened in the first half of the year but that's out of our control, there's nothing we can do about that and we just have to try and launch our season from here.

"We all know how to play footy. We just had to go back to playing for each other, enjoying each other's company out there and playing with a bit of spirit."

The Tigers, especially early on, played like a giant weight had been lifted from their shoulders as they blitzed the Eagles in their best first quarter of the season.

"There is a bit of that sense of relief, but that's all done now," Moore said of the coaching turmoil of the previous few months.

"We just have to concentrate on the second half of the season. We'll just go out there and play footy.

"That's what we're paid to do, that's what we enjoy doing and I think tonight we just showed what we can do when we play for each other and really look after each other out there."

Its one thing to play with a little more freedom of movement and flair, but it's something completely different to be able to dig in and see off a late challenge as these Tigers were able to do.

"They're a good team and we did miss our opportunities to be further ahead earlier," Moore said.

"They've got some experienced players out there and they kept coming at us. We managed to hold up down back which was great, but we have to play that each week now. It's no point playing like that tonight and then turning up and not doing the same next time."

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/78771/default.aspx

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Kel Moore [merged]
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 08:31:43 PM »
I  have to say I'm very concerned about Kel's form at the minute

Another average game last night to go with the last 4 or 5. Clearly the shoulder is an issue

Perhaps it's time to send him off for surgery, get it fixed and him right for 2010
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2009, 09:45:59 AM »
Hutchy just said the Hawks made a play for Moore as well as Rance. Seems we turned them down on both.

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2009, 10:00:38 AM »
Hutchy just said the Hawks made a play for Moore as well as Rance. Seems we turned them down on both.

Would have welcomed either approach to be honest.

Ramps

« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2009, 10:50:48 AM »

1 of the 2 should have been traded if the offer was right. Moore is 26/27 yo and expendable playing wise.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2009, 11:03:44 AM »

I hope we're still entertaining offers for Kel Moore.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2009, 11:40:31 AM »
Decent player, but we're pretty well stocked in defence and if we could get a good enough pick in return he's one I would consider trading.

Offline peggles

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2009, 11:44:55 AM »
exactly. would be willing to let kel moore go at teh right price.  i imagine hawthorn's offer wasn't good enough.  i'd want at least their  2nd rounder.

Offline jezza

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2009, 11:47:46 AM »
Yep, second rounder minimum from the Hawks.

Offline tdy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2009, 11:56:00 AM »
Yep, second rounder minimum from the Hawks.

I reckon they are looking to replace Trent Croad.  Sounds like he's gone for good.  It'd take years of development in a younger player to replace Moore so unless the deal was a good deal I wouldn't do it.  And I haven't heard of hawthorn doing anybody any favours of late, it seems only Richmond and Freo do that.