Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 395762 times)

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2145 on: September 23, 2018, 05:55:59 PM »
Too bad so many clueless flogs just look at his possessions.... :shh
Does that go for George too?
Some flogs don’t rate him either

Just call me a flog then.

Castagna needs to be traded. End of story.
Flog

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2146 on: February 05, 2019, 01:36:47 PM »
Richmond skipper Cotchin managed through pre-season

By SEN
5 Feb 2019

Richmond captain Trent Cotchin says he has been managed through the pre-season to ensure he is in optimal condition for the start of the 2019 season.

Cotchin missed just two games last year after playing every match in the Tigers' premiership winning campaign in 2017.

The 28-year-old decided against participating in the AFLX competition in order to ensure he is raring to go for the club's traditional season-opener against Carlton on March 21st.

“I’m not (available for AFLX), I’ve had a little bit of a managed pre-season, so I opted to continue with my consistent of training at the footy club,” Cotchin told SEN Breakfast.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2019/02/04/richmond-skipper-cotchin-managed-through-pre-season/

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2147 on: March 10, 2019, 02:18:44 AM »
AFL twitter: "Please explain, Trent?"

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2148 on: March 11, 2019, 01:27:58 AM »
Captain Cotchin and the Tiger time comeback

In late 2015 there was an excellent documentary put together by Peter Dickson and AFL Media which followed and interviewed the AFL captains of that season – ‘The Chosen Few 2’, a sequel to a doco that had done the same for the competition’s coaches the year beforehand.

I remember watching this live and the one conclusion that seemed to stand out to me was that Trent Cotchin really didn’t seem like the right man to be captain of the Richmond football club. I looked to social media and saw I wasn’t the only one thinking that way.

The 2016 season that followed seemed almost to confirm that point of view. Coming off a finals debacle where he totalled just nine disposals for the day, Cotchin’s Tigers sank near the bottom of the table and footy thinkers far and wide were lining up to have a crack at him.

Could we have been more wrong? Jump forward to the present day and Cotchin is one of the most unanimously respected players and captains in the league. Anyone questioning his leadership has long since bitten their tongue.

It may only have been a preseason game but his ability to rise to the occasion in the final five minutes against the Hawks was the mark of a great player and captain – and it was not a momentary flash of brilliance but instead the icing on top of a complete performance.

24 disposals, seven inside 50s, six clearances, five marks, two goals and an assist was exactly the kind of form you want to see such a crucial player displaying this close to the season. And the frightening thing is, we’re still yet to see the Tigers with Tom Lynch on top.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2019/03/10/seven-afl-talking-points-from-the-jlt-series-week-two/

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2149 on: March 11, 2019, 02:20:21 AM »
..and Sooksy Dooksy barely seen since... :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2150 on: March 11, 2019, 08:05:29 AM »
I remember thinking the same thing. And I have eaten my words since. I thought Jack Riewoldt should have been captain after 2016.

I remember the port match and Alex Rance was getting tagged and at halftime he looked absolutely flustered and frustrated and it was Cotch which managed to calm him down and steer him towards an amazing second half performance.

That imagery made me realise no one else in the current playing group is more deserving of captaincy than he is.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2151 on: March 21, 2019, 11:17:09 PM »
Lead from the front tonight and fought to turn the tide in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs when Carlton were closing. Disappointing too many didn't go with him in the clinches.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2152 on: March 21, 2019, 11:18:38 PM »
3 votes and best on ground tonight outstanding.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2153 on: March 21, 2019, 11:24:01 PM »
Legend of the club.... :clapping

- Gustav Mahler

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2154 on: April 22, 2019, 06:02:40 PM »
With the move of Eddy to halfback over the last couple of weeks and the difference it has made to us being less predictable, and the addition of Sydney Stack to our backline, what are people’s thoughts on Cotchin playing some time there too when he gets back? Not permanent by any stretch but some time there.

For me Houli is still the weak link in our backiline, he is ok but to be honest I just think his best days are over and we can do better both defensively and being less predictable. Sure he still racks up kicks but does he really hurt sides on the rebound?

I think the only way to cover the loss of Rance is to change it all up a bit.

With our midfield doing really well the last couple of weeks with some new fresh faces in there, why not keep moving forward with it. Ross especially just seems to have changed our running patterns or set ups, but we are different. Bolton as well has given us more pace and movement.

Add that to Dusty potentially playing a bit more forward like he did on Saturday night, in the DeGoey mould, and I think our side could be harder to stop.
I don’t think you could tag Dusty or Cotch if they weren’t in the middle. And I don’t think opposition coaches would bother tagging Ross, Bolton or even Prestia, so it would basically be a shoot out between sides.

Better clubs seem to have worked us out a bit but maybe it’s not our game style that needs to change all that much, maybe it’s just different personal in different positions.
If our young guys can keep doing what they have been doing in the middle and we don’t lose much without Dusty and Cotchin in there all the time, those two get to add to other places in the ground.

And when Jack comes back we shuffle the runners around and Bellis takes up a roll in the twos.

So a side looking like this

Stack  Grimes  Vlastuin
Edwards  Broad  Cotchin
McIntosh  Prestia  Bolton
Baker  Jack  George
Rioli  Lynch  Dusty

Nank  Lambert  Ross

Balta  Caddy  Higgins  Astbury (to play on the Hawkins types)

Offline pmac21

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2155 on: April 22, 2019, 08:31:19 PM »
With the move of Eddy to halfback over the last couple of weeks and the difference it has made to us being less predictable, and the addition of Sydney Stack to our backline, what are people’s thoughts on Cotchin playing some time there too when he gets back? Not permanent by any stretch but some time there.

For me Houli is still the weak link in our backiline, he is ok but to be honest I just think his best days are over and we can do better both defensively and being less predictable. Sure he still racks up kicks but does he really hurt sides on the rebound?

I think the only way to cover the loss of Rance is to change it all up a bit.

With our midfield doing really well the last couple of weeks with some new fresh faces in there, why not keep moving forward with it. Ross especially just seems to have changed our running patterns or set ups, but we are different. Bolton as well has given us more pace and movement.

Add that to Dusty potentially playing a bit more forward like he did on Saturday night, in the DeGoey mould, and I think our side could be harder to stop.
I don’t think you could tag Dusty or Cotch if they weren’t in the middle. And I don’t think opposition coaches would bother tagging Ross, Bolton or even Prestia, so it would basically be a shoot out between sides.

Better clubs seem to have worked us out a bit but maybe it’s not our game style that needs to change all that much, maybe it’s just different personal in different positions.
If our young guys can keep doing what they have been doing in the middle and we don’t lose much without Dusty and Cotchin in there all the time, those two get to add to other places in the ground.

And when Jack comes back we shuffle the runners around and Bellis takes up a roll in the twos.

So a side looking like this

Stack  Grimes  Vlastuin
Edwards  Broad  Cotchin
McIntosh  Prestia  Bolton
Baker  Jack  George
Rioli  Lynch  Dusty

Nank  Lambert  Ross

Balta  Caddy  Higgins  Astbury (to play on the Hawkins types)

Said this a few times and makes so much sense to me.  Can still go into the middle if required but cotchin would make a great HBF. 

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2156 on: April 23, 2019, 01:19:26 PM »
Won't be back next week either according to Hardwick, said that his hammy "hasn't responded as well as we thought"..... :shh

- Gustav Mahler

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2157 on: April 23, 2019, 01:34:30 PM »
The skipper's return from a hamstring strain, however, will be pushed to at least round eight against Fremantle.

"Unfortunately, Trent hasn't responded the way we would have liked," Hardwick said.

"He's probably a little bit further away than we would have liked. We probably envisaged he would have played next week (against the Western Bulldogs), but that's not going to be the case now.

"He'll go through a little bit more rehab to get him back where he needs to be. It's a little bit disappointing, he was at full speed pretty much, it just hasn't responded the way we would have liked. We'll pull him back a little bit and see how it goes from there."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2158 on: April 28, 2019, 01:51:46 PM »
Grigg on AFL Gameday this morning said Cotch is still 3-4 weeks away.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2159 on: April 28, 2019, 08:19:08 PM »
so 7/8 weeks for a hammy? What gives

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.