Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 402155 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2160 on: April 28, 2019, 08:20:12 PM »
so 7/8 weeks for a hammy? What gives

He did it again last week
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2161 on: April 29, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
so 7/8 weeks for a hammy? What gives

He did it again last week

gee i didnt think it was a fresh hammy, more that he needed an extra week rest.

not so bothered now that i would have been a few years back, but would be nice to get him up for the dreamtime to put those cheats away

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2162 on: April 29, 2019, 07:24:33 PM »
Trent Cotchin, hamstring

“Right now we’ve just put Trent back into a bit of a holding pattern. We’ll keep him at about 70-80 percent speed in the program and then we’ll carefully make that progression to 85-90-95 percent full speed over the next couple of weeks. Very hard to put a time-frame on it. It certainly won’t be short term, in the next week or two, but I’d be fairly confident in three to four weeks that we’ll see him back on the park.”

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-04-29/round-7-injury-update

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2163 on: May 02, 2019, 04:14:47 AM »
Skipper Trent Cotchin is expected to miss games against Western Bulldogs, Fremantle and Hawthorn with the club taking an extra-cautious approach to his hamstring injury.

He is a chance to also miss the Dreamtime at the 'G clash with Essendon in round 10.

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2164 on: May 15, 2019, 04:40:44 PM »
Cautious Tigers to keep Cotchin out for another three weeks

Jake Niall
The Age
15 May 2019

Richmond are treating Trent Cotchin super cautiously, with the skipper expected to miss another three weeks with the repeat hamstring injury that has seen him absent since round three.

Cotchin hurt his hamstring in Richmond's round three loss to Greater Western Sydney and his return was set back when he re-injured the same hamstring at training.

He is certain to miss the next two games - this Sunday's clash with Hawthorn and the Dreamtime game against Essendon - and is not expected back for the round 11 match against North Melbourne. While he could resume for round 12 against Geelong, the careful Tigers will not play him until they believe the risks of another strain are greatly reduced.

Richmond's caution with their skipper carries a recognition that a third hamstring recurrence would seriously jeopardise his 2019 season. Players who re-injure a hamstring three times are major risks to play again in that season, as evidenced by Collingwood pair Darcy Moore and Jamie Elliott last year.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/cautious-tigers-to-keep-cotchin-out-for-another-three-20190515-p51nj7.html

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2165 on: May 15, 2019, 08:45:53 PM »
Funny how Jake is claiming a story he's broken here

He has basically taken what Burge said on the club website yesterday and reported it :thumbsdown
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2166 on: May 17, 2019, 01:21:54 PM »
Skipper Trent Cotchin (hamstring) is on track for a return in round 11 against North Melbourne after initially suffering the injury in round three.

The injury flared up again three weeks ago, pushing back his return date, but contrary to some reports, he hasn't suffered a recent setback.

"Once again, I did say at the time, because it was a re-aggravation, we were always going to take that extra time. We just wanted to be extra cautious and made sure we got him back, so he's on track for the North game," Hardwick said.

"He's running at 90 to 95 per cent, so he's thereabouts."

Source: AFL website

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2167 on: June 12, 2019, 01:36:02 PM »
The Tigers' head of football Neil Balme initially said Cotchin was a "chance" of not playing, but later clarified that while hadn't reinjured his hamstring he will not play regardless.

He wouldn't be drawn on whether it was the previously injured hamstring that was sore, or his other leg.

"Funny you ask me that, I don't think he's going to play, he's a touch sore. It puts a bit more pressure on, but that's all right," Balme told reporters at Melbourne Airport.

"He's just a bit sore in the hamstring, but it's not the same. I reckon if he hadn't have had the problem before, he would have played.

"The fact we're playing on the Thursday makes it more difficult. If we'd played on Saturday or Sunday [he was a chance], but we won't take the risk.

"If he hurts it again and misses a heap of footy, I reckon that's much harder to deal with than just missing the one."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-12/richmonds-injurycursed-year-continues-star-tiger-to-miss-again

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2168 on: June 12, 2019, 02:53:15 PM »
The Tigers' head of football Neil Balme initially said Cotchin was a "chance" of not playing, but later clarified that while hadn't reinjured his hamstring he will not play regardless.

He wouldn't be drawn on whether it was the previously injured hamstring that was sore, or his other leg.

"Funny you ask me that, I don't think he's going to play, he's a touch sore. It puts a bit more pressure on, but that's all right," Balme told reporters at Melbourne Airport.

"He's just a bit sore in the hamstring, but it's not the same. I reckon if he hadn't have had the problem before, he would have played.

"The fact we're playing on the Thursday makes it more difficult. If we'd played on Saturday or Sunday [he was a chance], but we won't take the risk.

"If he hurts it again and misses a heap of footy, I reckon that's much harder to deal with than just missing the one."

https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-06-12/richmonds-injurycursed-year-continues-star-tiger-to-miss-again

We can assume after Balmes presser, we won't see the Capt till next year.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2169 on: June 12, 2019, 02:56:52 PM »
Will probably retire now.... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2170 on: June 12, 2019, 06:57:35 PM »
Mystery surrounds the severity of Trent Cotchin's latest hamstring setback. @TomBrowne7 #7AFL #7NEWS

VIDEO: https://twitter.com/7NewsMelbourne/status/1138729786493161473

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2171 on: June 12, 2019, 07:16:40 PM »
Cooked.....
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2172 on: June 29, 2019, 10:18:40 AM »
Cotch on SEN with Whateley:

AUDIO: https://player.whooshkaa.com/episode?id=388305

-------------------------------------------------

“I feel really healthy and I’ve done a lot of strength work. In theory, it should be stronger than it’s ever been,” Cotchin said.

“I suppose when you scan anything, particularly when you’ve already had an on-going issue, there typically seems to be a little bit of stress around areas . . . I was aware of it (the hamstring) more than I had been for the couple of weeks prior and decided it was a smart move, given the history, to make sure it was okay,” he said.

“It’s something that I haven’t really faced in my career to date,” he said.

“I suppose the beneficial thing of having a bigger group (in rehab) is that you’re all sort of suffering the same sort of challenges . . .

“We had a (rehab) session the day before the boys played in Adelaide (Round 13), and to warm up and feel like you’re in a training group, because of the amount of numbers, was a very weird feeling.

“But we’ve created an environment where we all talk about it a lot. And, we get really excited about what other guys, that may not have got an opportunity, have been able to do.

“That’s been the pleasing thing from my point of view.”

“Like anything, whether it’s sport or business, you just want continuity. That’ll obviously give me a lot of trust and confidence in my body, and give me an opportunity to really perform my role for our group,” he said.

https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-06-29/cotchin-raring-to-go

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2173 on: July 08, 2019, 03:17:09 PM »
The star midfielder finished the match with 27 disposals, six clearances, five inside-50s, four marks, two goals, 10 score involvements and 422 metres gained.

“He was terrific . . . We always knew it was going to take a little bit of time, but he’s starting to get some consistency,” Hardwick said.

“What we do like is the ability for him to play a little bit forward as well, which we saw today.

“He’s very creative, very strong with the ball, and certainly makes those players around him better.

“It was certainly a step forward for him.

Read more: https://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2019-07-08/hardwick-commends-cotchin

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2174 on: July 08, 2019, 10:12:54 PM »
He was hunting again. Back to mongrel Cotch.  :clapping
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do