Author Topic: Trent Cotchin [merged]  (Read 395632 times)

Dougeytherichmondfan

Re: Trent Cotchin [merged]
« Reply #2070 on: September 25, 2017, 12:38:30 PM »
More chance of the CIA finding the Lee Harvey Oswald files the misplaced that need to e legally released this month ... Than the chimp dog getting rubbed out.  :shh

Bazza decapitated a bloke as was allowed to play  :lol

Haha. You mean the bloke that was given the lowest marine grade for shot accuracy and capacity that made 2 hits from 3 shots in 6.5 seconds from 80 metres away?

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2071 on: September 25, 2017, 12:46:37 PM »
I think Bents just hacked Dougey's account....  :shh
"Tradition is not the worship of ashes, but the preservation of fire." 

- Gustav Mahler

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline 🏅Dooks

• FOOTBALL EXPERT
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • 🏆✴✔👍⛉🌟
« Reply #2072 on: September 25, 2017, 12:48:36 PM »
wooohooo!
"Sliding doors moment.
If Damian Barrett had a brain
Then its made of sh#t" Dont Argue - 2/8/2018

Offline 1885

• Jack Dyer medallist
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2073 on: September 25, 2017, 01:59:42 PM »
Chimps hit was magic but I think it was Astbury that did te damage.

That bump put him into next week  :gotigers

Good player that kid

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2074 on: October 01, 2017, 05:14:24 AM »
Cotchin always believed in Richmond's destiny

afl.com.au
30 September 2017

TRENT Cotchin sensed earlier this season Richmond was capable of winning the premiership.

After the disappointment of playing in three consecutive elimination finals losses from 2013-15 and slumping to 13th last season, Cotchin had a feeling the 2017 group was ready to break the club's 37-year flag drought.

"I probably had conversations earlier in the year in bed with my wife, Brooke. I just said there was something special about this group," Cotchin said.

"I don't know why, it was just a feeling I had and we've just continued to grow ever since."

Cotchin's comments underline how quickly Richmond has been able to turn things around since its dismal 2016.

The Richmond skipper had an "open and honest" conversation with long-time teammate Jack Riewoldt at the end of that season, when the dual Coleman medallist said he didn't see himself winning a premiership before he retired.

The Tigers started 2017 5-0 but came back to earth when they were thumped by Adelaide by 76 points in round six and then lost their next three games.

But they regrouped to drop just three more games for the year – to Sydney by nine points in round 13, St Kilda by 67 points in round 16 and Geelong by 14 points in round 21 – to finish the home and away season in third, their first top-four finish under coach Damien Hardwick.

By the time they had notched their first finals wins since 2001, over Geelong by 51 points and Greater Western Sydney by 36 points, the Tiger Army, if not the rest of the football world, shared Cotchin's belief that 2017 was destined to be their year.

After leading by 34 points at three-quarter time, Richmond's fairytale was never in danger of a shock twist as the Tigers kept the Crows at bay in the last term. Not that Cotchin allowed himself to look too far forward.

"I was on the bench with about 10 minutes to go. I thought that was a little bit too long (to think we had the game won)," Cotchin said.

"It was about seven or eight minutes by the time I got back on, I think we kicked one more after that. I just had to soak it up and remain focused on what we needed to do.

"It was more emptiness at the end of the game, just to see how each and every one of the boys reacts, how special it is for them.

"I couldn't be more thankful to be part of the group. It's a special football club."

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-09-30/cotchin-always-believed-in-tiger-destiny

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2075 on: October 01, 2017, 06:49:09 PM »
I make that 4 out of 6 good finals for Cotch.

Not sure how long his body will hold up with the way he throws it into the contests, surprised he hasn't broken a rib or two.

dwaino

« Reply #2076 on: October 01, 2017, 09:26:39 PM »
Richmond premiership captain has a nice ring to it. About time the baton was taken from the old blokes.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2077 on: October 01, 2017, 09:27:05 PM »
So is Cotch going to retire? :shh

Online MintOnLamb

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You have to think anyway, so why not think big? DT
« Reply #2078 on: October 01, 2017, 09:32:31 PM »
Cotch=AFL captain of the year,
I reckon hodge stuck it to Cotch in the pfooty show, well suck poo Hodge
TRENT COTCHIN premiership captain

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2079 on: October 01, 2017, 09:47:47 PM »
So is Cotch going to retire? :shh
good call but he has a contract
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2080 on: November 16, 2017, 06:17:49 PM »
From the draft to the cup: Trent Cotchin

Today, we focus on Richmond’s drafting of Trent Cotchin.

It was a race in two between talented Northern Knights pair Matthew Kreuzer and Trent Cotchin for who would be the No. 1 pick at the 2007 AFL national draft.

Read full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-16/from-the-draft-to-the-cup-trent-cotchin

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #2081 on: November 20, 2017, 12:57:09 AM »
From the draft to the cup: Trent Cotchin

Read full article here: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/2017-11-16/from-the-draft-to-the-cup-trent-cotchin
“But you rest assured that he would bounce back the next week, which was against South Australia in a deluge in Melbourne.

“Trent was outstanding.  He showed his true character, fighting back from an ordinary game the week before in Perth.”

This is the National U18 Champs game I saw live at Princes Park - Vic Metro vs SA. He was class above and I was on the bandwagon from then on and was hoping we'd select him at pick 2 when some others wanted Cale Morton  :help. There's probably a match report I posted on here about that game. There was this one 50 pass in the wet from HB to HF that landed perfectly over the shoulder of his teammate running with the flight who had a defender right on him. Cotch also played with an injured shoulder throughout those Champs so he was played on the outside more than usual. One of the reasons he was tagged out of the game the week before in Perth.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2082 on: March 21, 2018, 07:30:37 PM »
A new level of greatness may beckon for Cotchin

Wayne Carey
The Age
21 March 2018

If you’d said 12 months ago Trent Cotchin would soon be a premiership captain, most would have thought you were joking.

Both he and the Tigers were under the pump.

But now Richmond’s flag drought is over, and Cotchin sits comfortably alongside Joel Selwood as the best skipper in the game.

While Taylor Walker might have been voted the AFL’s best captain by his peers in the past two years, it’s a title Cotchin can rightly claim.

Not only did he play in Selwood-type fashion, he led like him too, and without Trent at the helm the Tigers’ triumph would not have been possible.

His evolution as a leader came before that success.

We always knew he was a classy footballer,  since being drafted behind Matthew Kreuzer back in 2007, yet his leadership has often been questioned.

At one stage, there were even calls for Jack Riewoldt to replace him as captain.

But amid the scrutiny and criticism, Cotchin has found a way to elevate his game to new heights.

Already a Brownlow medallist and three-time best and fairest winner before last season, 2017 was easily his best year – even if he missed out on any of those individual honours.

From the outside looking in, you get the sense those accolades don’t mean as much to him as they once did. They don’t drive him.

As he’s matured, Cotchin seemingly does everything for his teammates and the Richmond Football Club.

He’s developed a selflessness that’s made those around him better, Dustin Martin included. Above all else, that is the mark of a great leader.

While no one could ever accuse him of being soft, he’s also managed to develop a hard edge that’s become infectious at Punt Road.

With a deceptive burst of speed, he’s been a bull around the contests.

Clearly, he’s wanted to be more aggressive and prove he won’t be pushed around and, at times, has walked a fine line.

While he nearly missed the grand final after his bump on Dylan Shiel, it’s that same ''edge'' that’s allowed him to dominate the big moments.

Before last year’s final series he admitted he’d let his team down during September in the past.

But in the qualifying final against Geelong those demons were put to bed with 20 disposals, a number of bone-crunching tackles and an inspirational goal in the final quarter.

From there, he only got better on the road to the premiership.

Over that period, Cotchin proved his game was no longer about getting 30 or 35 disposals a match.

In the statistics-driven modern game, it’s the little things that don’t always show up on the stats sheet that once again show the growth in his leadership.

Still, being a premiership captain can be a double-edged sword.

It allows you to demand more of those around you, but also comes with a different type of pressure that Cotchin wouldn’t have had to deal with before.

There is expectation, and there is a much sharper focus on you and your teammates from the opposition.

But given what we’ve heard from Trent over the summer, it seems the Tigers’ success has only given him a greater perspective on life and football.

The challenge for him this year is to replicate what he produced last season. If he can do that, a new level of greatness beckons for Richmond’s fearless No. 9.

Even at just 27, Cotchin is already a Tiger hall of famer.

Now though, he has the opportunity to sit alongside the likes of Kevin Bartlett and Jack Dyer in club folklore by leading a sustained period of success.

It’s a rare chance and one you’d back Cotchin to strive for, so expect him to return just as hungry in 2018, starting against Carlton on Thursday night.

And if you can’t spot him out on the vast expanses of the MCG just look for the guy at the bottom of the pack, or the one laying the tough tackle. Chances are that’s him.

http://www.watoday.com.au/afl/richmond-tigers/a-new-level-of-greatness-may-beckon-for-cotchin-20180321-p4z5hp.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2083 on: March 22, 2018, 01:06:39 PM »
Richmond captain Trent Cotchin sold Woodland St, Strathmore house shortly after flag win

Samantha Landy
Herald-Sun
22 March 2018

RICHMOND captain Trent Cotchin has sold his multimillion-dollar Strathmore house off the back of his club’s breakthrough premiership win, it has been revealed.

The Herald Sun understands Cotchin and his wife Brooke earned between $4-$4.5 million for the Woodland St pad, which they fully renovated and extended, in a private deal in November.

The four-bedroom, four-bathroom California bungalow also boasts a tennis court, pool and pool house on a substantial 1158sq m block.

The sale was inked about a month after Cotchin, 27, led the Tigers to their first flag in 37 years.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/melbourne-vic/richmond-captain-trent-cotchin-scores-strathmore-house-success-shortly-after-premiership-win/news-story/abb65478b8babfc4d51fcc90423d236e

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2084 on: March 22, 2018, 03:11:47 PM »
Richmond captain Trent Cotchin sold Woodland St, Strathmore house shortly after flag win

Samantha Landy
Herald-Sun
22 March 2018

RICHMOND captain Trent Cotchin has sold his multimillion-dollar Strathmore house off the back of his club’s breakthrough premiership win, it has been revealed.

The Herald Sun understands Cotchin and his wife Brooke earned between $4-$4.5 million for the Woodland St pad, which they fully renovated and extended, in a private deal in November.

The four-bedroom, four-bathroom California bungalow also boasts a tennis court, pool and pool house on a substantial 1158sq m block.

The sale was inked about a month after Cotchin, 27, led the Tigers to their first flag in 37 years.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real-estate/melbourne-vic/richmond-captain-trent-cotchin-scores-strathmore-house-success-shortly-after-premiership-win/news-story/abb65478b8babfc4d51fcc90423d236e

Should turn the place into a temple