Author Topic: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt  (Read 56021 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Trade rumours and scuttlebutt
« Reply #240 on: October 03, 2007, 08:21:00 PM »

Gary Ayres runs a bottle shop in middle park and that takes up a fair bit of his time,

Gary should open another one - he'll have plenty of time to promote the Penfolds, the Jacobs Creeks, the Yarra Ridges, the Yalumbas et al.

Passionfruit

« Reply #241 on: October 03, 2007, 08:21:55 PM »
Didnt want to go.- Mrs didnt want to go,she is still a tiger and so am i
Midweek isnt my go anyway.- Management meeting all day tomorrow.
At least staff rates are alot cheaper than the RFC offer, lol

Bull

« Reply #242 on: October 03, 2007, 08:26:50 PM »
Bombers will make a counter offer tomorrow, still yet to sign with Freo.  :banghead ::)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #243 on: October 03, 2007, 08:31:44 PM »
Re Bondy

It's incredibly difficult to land a senior AFL coaching job and you only get a couple of goes at it - if you miss out you just fall away and Bondy appears to have missed his chance - like Royal, Longmire (hot last year, stone cold this year) and I suspect Sumich. There are some great contenders out there - where were they when we managed to jag Spud?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #244 on: October 03, 2007, 10:34:32 PM »
There are some great contenders out there - where were they when we managed to jag Spud?
They were there in 1999 (Sheedy, Malthouse, Thompson, etc) but they all rejected us at the time. No surprise as we were up to our 4th coach in 5 years  ::). Only Spud and Tony Elshaug wanted the Richmond gig and we chose Spud.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #245 on: October 04, 2007, 02:22:21 AM »
Cameron Wood looks likely to be involved in a trade, but Brisbane want a first round draft selection. 

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/clubs-chase-brisbane-ruckman/2007/10/03/1191091193760.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #246 on: October 04, 2007, 04:50:58 AM »
One of King or Blake could also be looking for a new home. Blake didn't attend yesterday street parade when the club was expecting him to be there.

Blake will have no difficulty finding a suitor, with a complicating factor in both players' contracts being that Richmond and Carlton are among clubs keenest to recruit a ruck and they hold picks one and two in the pre-season draft.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/king-v-blake-round-two/2007/10/04/1191091199290.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Sydney are after Demon Brad Miller.

The Swans also had an interest in Geelong's out-of-contract midfielder Kane Tenace and Brisbane defender/midfielder Justin Sherman, who is contracted to the Lions for another two years.

Sydney believe they will hold onto Darren Jolly. Offered him a 4-year contract.

Hasleby and Freo are still at loggerheads over his pay which has been slashed in half by Freo. So Hasleby could finish up in the PSD.

Mitch Hahn, Jordan McMahon and Sam Power are out of contract at the Doggies. Power has requested he wants to be traded.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22526442-5012432,00.html

Ramps

« Reply #247 on: October 04, 2007, 06:59:56 AM »
Cameron Wood looks likely to be involved in a trade, but Brisbane want a first round draft selection. 

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/clubs-chase-brisbane-ruckman/2007/10/03/1191091193760.html

i would give up 18 for Wood. Alternatively Raines or McGuane in a straight swap.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #248 on: October 04, 2007, 07:04:42 AM »
egan wasnt atthe parade either at the cattery, but no one is speculating that he is leaving, maybe we should start a rumor that blake and egan are coming our way lol

i dont think we need blake btw, imo, i reckon gus has more upside than graham

Ramps

« Reply #249 on: October 04, 2007, 07:06:14 AM »
egan wasnt atthe parade either at the cattery, but no one is speculating that he is leaving, maybe we should start a rumor that blake and egan are coming our way lol

Blake is average. PASS!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #250 on: October 04, 2007, 07:32:50 AM »

Blake is average. PASS!

i agree, blake is just a knobel, a good tap ruckman, then again, he isnt even as good as knobel cos at least knobel wasnt a bad kick and wasnt scared to put his bosy in and take a mark.

blake has been arround 4 a few yrs now and really, was carried by a good team until king was fit.

imo, if we could get king real cheap for a 2 yr contract, i say why not

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #251 on: October 04, 2007, 09:58:22 AM »
One of King or Blake could also be looking for a new home. Blake didn't attend yesterday street parade when the club was expecting him to be there.

Blake will have no difficulty finding a suitor, with a complicating factor in both players' contracts being that Richmond and Carlton are among clubs keenest to recruit a ruck and they hold picks one and two in the pre-season draft.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/king-v-blake-round-two/2007/10/04/1191091199290.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Sydney are after Demon Brad Miller.

The Swans also had an interest in Geelong's out-of-contract midfielder Kane Tenace and Brisbane defender/midfielder Justin Sherman, who is contracted to the Lions for another two years.

Sydney believe they will hold onto Darren Jolly. Offered him a 4-year contract.

Hasleby and Freo are still at loggerheads over his pay which has been slashed in half by Freo. So Hasleby could finish up in the PSD.

Mitch Hahn, Jordan McMahon and Sam Power are out of contract at the Doggies. Power has requested he wants to be traded.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22526442-5012432,00.html

My god.  Swannies are still trying to top up.

They are really leading themselves into massive problems.  :shh

And then watch them whinge when they do and the AFL come to the rescue.  ::)
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #252 on: October 04, 2007, 10:02:10 AM »
latest news is that if the blues dont cough up pick 1, judd is heading to richmond

fact :thumbsup

bookmark this post ;)

Ramps

« Reply #253 on: October 04, 2007, 10:14:10 AM »
Have we found a benefactor to cough up to pay Judds wages lol?

And yes I believe Blaisee that we are a chance. A small chance, but a chance nevertheless.

Tigermonk

« Reply #254 on: October 04, 2007, 11:07:24 AM »
latest news is that if the blues dont cough up pick 1, judd is heading to richmond

fact :thumbsup

bookmark this post ;)

starting rumours Blaisee  ;D

its a fight between Pratt & McGuire who have the most to offer Miss Twigley in her career