Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95148 times)

Offline mjs

• Premiership Captain
  • For We're From Tigerland
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #360 on: October 03, 2007, 11:04:04 AM »
The Eagles have initially -- and boldly -- demanded the No. 1 pick

I hope that they stick hard on this - Carlton stole that pick, their arrogance is galling. I don't think I could get over them winning a flag in the next five years. I gotta get over it.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #361 on: October 03, 2007, 12:33:12 PM »
KB and Greg Denham from the Australian were talking about us this morning. They said Miller and March's silence on the Judd decision has been deafening and think we're cooking something. KB once again said we should offer pick 2 for Judd and trump Carlton. He tried to get Miller on today but Greg's up at the draft camp. KB hopes to get Miller on tomorrow sometime.

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #362 on: October 03, 2007, 01:57:57 PM »
Here's an idea, why don't we offer pic 2 to the eagles and get him over the line with a Lucrative advertising contract for his missus at Crazy John's new combined mobile phone and sexy lingerie stores which will be called "Crazy Johns and Sexy Bec's". Their motto. "Whats the good of buying some sexy lingerie if you can't call someone to come and check you out!"....Well....I said it was an idea...I didn't say it was a good one.  :help Bec would make a pretty good spokesmodel though.  :o

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #363 on: October 03, 2007, 02:33:45 PM »
from memory earlier in the season there were eagles officials visiting punt rd...cant remember where i did see it....?

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #364 on: October 03, 2007, 02:43:01 PM »
You've got to laugh at the Pies missing out again on a big name player. Gehrig, Browny, Stevens, J.Brown and now Judd. Eddie spewing with his "Judd went for a labotomy instead of a groin op in Sydney" line this morning  :wallywink.

i know this may sound like a stupid question but they i heard gm on sen the other day saying we dont have room in our cap.

So can someone tell me where is this money going to. Okay i know browny is on a good wicket but who else could jeapardise our chances of getting judd to punt road with a massive offer.
As rogerd3 said we have plenty of room under the cap but we have put our own cap on how much we pay in TPP. March pretty much said we'll find the money. Even Richo said he'd take a paycut to have Judd at Punt Rd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #365 on: October 03, 2007, 02:44:34 PM »
So what do people think our odds of snaring Judd are?

I agree with the a few others here. At the very least we should be sending the Eagles a fax on or before Friday saying "pick 2 is on the table".

If he chose Collingwood I thought we were an outside chance, maybe 6-1.
Reckon that its more like 10-1 now.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #366 on: October 03, 2007, 02:56:01 PM »
what do people think carlton will give up for Judd ???

No.1 --- out of the question ...

i would say there next 3 picks ...
I've got a feeling the Eagles will belatedly accept picks 3, 20 and Kennedy come the trade week deadline. We wanted a top 10 pick plus another first rounder for Ottens. In the end we agreed to picks 12 and 16.

To answer Jake's question I would say our chances are now more like 50-1. I can't see a deal not being done b/w Carlton and the Eagles unless the Eagles draw a line in the sand and want to send a message to all their players by making Judd take his chances in the PSD like Port did with Stevens.

Moi

« Reply #367 on: October 03, 2007, 02:57:24 PM »
If he goes in the draft, can he put the same terms of what Carlton were going to pay him?
Would put most clubs out of the running, and hopefully Richmond too.

Online mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #368 on: October 03, 2007, 03:12:06 PM »
If he goes in the draft, can he put the same terms of what Carlton were going to pay him?
Would put most clubs out of the running, and hopefully Richmond too.
In the PSD yes he can Moi. The risk for Carlton though is we may still actually pay whatever the amount is to grab Judd and also the Blues wouldn't want to be risk caught draft tampering.

blx

« Reply #369 on: October 03, 2007, 03:15:14 PM »
whats the general consensus if the Eagles do a Port and send Judd into the PSD?

Do we take Judd or shock Carlton into giving us something in return for us passing up Judd?

Personally i'd do the latter, draw blood from Carlton!

Judd's salary would cost too much plus i'd rather have 2-3 three great kids instead  :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #370 on: October 03, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
Judds football salary wherever he goes will be about $750,000 per year - thats all that gets put into the cap. The rest of the $600,000 is marketing money ... If Judds available we should get him. Somehow we have to force something from this fiasco.

The AFL must be horrified that there bottom club is not gonna get the best young player in the draft and the bottom team is not gonna get the best player in the competition because a club that rorted and cheated in the past somehow has managed to get the early pick and the priority. Just like when the AFL took Locket from Richmonds hands and sent him to Sydney, the AFL should make sure that Mr Judd does not go to Carlton or at the very least - that Richmond is compensated for this fiasco.

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #371 on: October 03, 2007, 03:35:00 PM »
Wont happen.
Think the clincher for me was when Nisbett talking about Skunks, said something to the effect of their non preferance of them, would not be affected as they look on it as a business decision only.
That means they will not give up Judd for nothing.
Richmond will not offer pick 2.
And 3 - 20 and a player is not bad.
Nisbett also said he will rely on his recruiters to get the best possible, to me meaning the picks will suit the requirements.

What will they end up with 3 20 and whatever they allready have.

Plus we cant afford him anyway.

Think the AFL should keep a close eye on the carlscum though, really dont see how they can be affording all this and cant see them keeping all these guys together for to long without  CHEATING AGAIN

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #372 on: October 03, 2007, 03:38:50 PM »
whats the general consensus if the Eagles do a Port and send Judd into the PSD?

Do we take Judd or shock Carlton into giving us something in return for us passing up Judd?

Personally i'd do the latter, draw blood from Carlton!

Yep do that and then do a backflip and totally screw them, that's what I would do anyway.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #373 on: October 03, 2007, 03:41:28 PM »
Judds football salary wherever he goes will be about $750,000 per year - thats all that gets put into the cap. The rest of the $600,000 is marketing money ... If Judds available we should get him. Somehow we have to force something from this fiasco.

The AFL must be horrified that there bottom club is not gonna get the best young player in the draft and the bottom team is not gonna get the best player in the competition because a club that rorted and cheated in the past somehow has managed to get the early pick and the priority. Just like when the AFL took Locket from Richmonds hands and sent him to Sydney, the AFL should make sure that Mr Judd does not go to Carlton or at the very least - that Richmond is compensated for this fiasco.

and not to mention the handout they recieved, i remember been told that the AFL in fact did have a hand in lockett ending up in Sydney.

Ox

« Reply #374 on: October 03, 2007, 03:47:26 PM »
There is only one rule to adhere by in this situation.

stuff everyone,in every way !