Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95159 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2007, 06:46:56 PM »
A midfield of Judd, Murphy, Gibbs, Stevens plus others fed by Kreuzer over the next 5-10 years sounds daunting but if the Blues end up paying 15-20% of their salary to one player it will hurt them in the long run as it did when they signed Kouta up to mega $$$.

We were only an outside chance of getting Judd anyway if he fell through to the PSD. If he puts a massive bounty on his head then the Blues will have the Eagles over a barrel as I can't see us forking out $7.5m over 5 years on one player.

The new draft rules with the priority pick over 2 years before round 1 of the draft  :banghead have effectively handed Judd to Carlton. Just goes to show it pays to tank  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2007, 07:02:10 PM »
From BF:

Greg Swann just on SEN restated that Pick 1 was not on the table.

He also said the Eagles first demand was #1, #3, another pick and a couple of players. Said it is not that kind of market and they would not sell the farm but a deal would be done.

Spoke to Kennedy and Bower last week as they are WA boys.

Swann also said that if the Eagles send Judd to the PSD, they have a plan B.

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=381051

Make of that what you will.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2007, 07:02:55 PM »
This is a joke really.

The only reason Judd would chose the Blues is because he knows it is the only club of his 4 that he can get too. He used an excuse about Melbourne's facility as the reason he isn't going there then why would you chose Carlton? Their facilities aren't the Lexua centre either.

And to hear Swann on the radio driving home give me a break "He's coming he's a Carlton player" - well folks no he aint until that deal is done :banghead

We were only an outside chance of getting Judd anyway if he fell through to the PSD. If he puts a massive bounty on his head then the Blues will have the Eagles over a barrel as I can't see us forking out $7.5m over 5 years on one player.

Yeah Swann basically confirmed this - he said with pick 2 in the PSD Judd would be available to them only

serious question can you trade PSD choices? I thought they were going to allow it this year -it would be interesting
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline LondonTiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2007, 07:39:11 PM »
Wp,

Carltank offer 3, 20 and Kennedy.  Say the hypothetical happens,   WCE say not good enough, not going to happen.

We could trump by offering WCE 2 and 19 and a player for Judd, but then again, why not get Carlton to trade 3, 20 and Kennedy to us, for two RFC fringe players (take your pick).

We then miraculously cannot afford Judd in the PSD.

RFC picks : 2,3,18,19,20 and a player.

I know this smacks of the Veale deal, but then again, it is different, as we could actually prove that Carltank would pay more to Judd than we are prepared to in the PSD.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2007, 07:49:27 PM »
Wp,

Carltank offer 3, 20 and Kennedy.  Say the hypothetical happens,   WCE say not good enough, not going to happen.

We could trump by offering WCE 2 and 19 and a player for Judd, but then again, why not get Carlton to trade 3, 20 and Kennedy to us, for two RFC fringe players (take your pick).

We then miraculously cannot afford Judd in the PSD.

RFC picks : 2,3,18,19,20 and a player.

I know this smacks of the Veale deal, but then again, it is different, as we could actually prove that Carltank would pay more to Judd than we are prepared to in the PSD.

Sold and we didn't tank  :thumbsup ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2007, 10:17:51 PM »
i know this may sound like a stupid question but they i heard gm on sen the other day saying we dont have room in our cap.

So can someone tell me where is this money going to. Okay i know browny is on a good wicket but who else could jeapardise our chances of getting judd to punt road with a massive offer.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #351 on: October 02, 2007, 10:23:34 PM »
i think we have room but we are staying within our budget.

good luck to judd and the bloos, mind you it might end up been an noose around their neck, especially considering the money they will be forking out.
murphy, gibbs and a few others will be wanting their cake as well in the not to far distant future, do we envisage another brown paper bag fiasco.

lets face it Pratt likes flying close to the governing laws, just ask the ACCC..

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #352 on: October 02, 2007, 10:25:36 PM »
GM make your move son.

dump pick 2 offer it to the eagles and lets see carlton supporters suffer.

To me personally to get Judd and trump the blues in the meantime. This to me would be like winning a final against those gutless money hungry pricks...

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #353 on: October 02, 2007, 10:29:11 PM »
GM make your move son.

To me personally to get Judd and trump the blues in the meantime. This to me would be like winning a final against those gutless money hungry pricks...

If it was fair we would probably have a shot but I have the feeling Pratt's back pocket will push it over the line.  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #354 on: October 02, 2007, 10:38:41 PM »
Judd will be looked at as a mercenary from now on I reckon.

Why would he go to Carltank?

Oh that's right, threw throwing MONEY at him

Will without a doubt lose a heap of respect from the footballing public IMHO, especially from Weagle fans

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #355 on: October 02, 2007, 10:43:57 PM »
Judd will be looked at as a mercenary from now on I reckon.

Why would he go to Carltank?

Oh that's right, threw throwing MONEY at him

Will without a doubt lose a heap of respect from the footballing public IMHO, especially from Weagle fans

of course pratt will be throwing the cheque book to him and his mrs.
the only thing judd hs going for him is his mrs and her twin towers cause to me he is a fkcuken wanker who was always after the loot.

i hope he breaks both his legs just after this kruizer bloke does his knee

cant stand carlton. number 1 hated team by far

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #356 on: October 02, 2007, 11:57:53 PM »
This could be absolute rubbish but on the Eagles forum it says their officials have been spotted at Punt Rd.

Our (Eagles) staff have been spotted at Punt Road and its probably what they are discussing. I'd say we have a plan in place if the Blues dont give us what we want.

http://www.eaglesflyinghigh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=10983&sid=96b241be1e07d8c2effc8fd5df4f9922#p243538

Ox

« Reply #357 on: October 03, 2007, 12:15:43 AM »
GM make your move son.

If it was fair we would probably have a shot but I have the feeling Pratt's back pocket will push it over the line.  :shh

that would be his side pocket.

As tenacious as he is,he and the CFC are merely figures in a much larger equation.

Show me the signature. :sleep

Offline torch

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • 28YrM&8YrMRC 🏆🏆🏆 ‘17, ‘19-‘20; 2 x Attendee 🐯
« Reply #358 on: October 03, 2007, 02:40:30 AM »
what do people think carlton will give up for Judd ???

No.1 --- out of the question ...

i would say there next 3 picks ...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 04:01:22 AM by one-eyed »

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #359 on: October 03, 2007, 03:41:16 AM »
From the Herald-Sun, Age and Australian this morning....

CARLTON and West Coast have drawn swords over the No. 1 draft selection, with the Blues yesterday emphatic the first pick would not be part of the Chris Judd trade.

The Eagles have initially -- and boldly -- demanded the No. 1 pick, plus No. 3, No. 20 and West Australian youngster Josh Kennedy in exchange for their former captain.

It's believed the Blues are tipped to offer three parts of the package -- minus the No. 1 choice.

Eagles' CEO Nisbett indicated an offer involving pick No. 1 would be sufficient to clinch the deal. "Chris is the best player in Australia and I just don't believe people when they say an 18-year-old young lad is going to be better than him. I'm in a state of disbelief that any club could think that his value to their club is not the first pick in the national draft."

"It certainly would be a lot better than 3 and 20 or 3 and 20 and whatever," Nisbett said, adding he hoped discussions would not be complicated by other clubs becoming involved.

Blues' CEO Swann said Carlton had long ago reserved its priority pick in the November draft for Northern Knights ruckman Matthew Kreuzer. "From day one, we said we weren't going to give up the farm, and No1 has always been out of the equation in any dealing to get Chris Judd," Swann said.

-----------------------------

Carlton yesterday acknowledged that its main obstacle was Richmond, which has the second selection in the national draft as well as the first pick in the pre-season draft for players out of contract.

Richmond is eyeing the Judd deal, mindful it could benefit from the transaction, and is ready to pounce in the event that Carlton and West Coast cannot come to terms.

The Tigers have first pick in the pre-season draft, which is where Judd would end up if a deal was not reached before the deadline.

-------------------------------

Talking about prices, Judd will earn probably $1.2-1.4 million a year in a five-year contract. From football; his salary and share of what are known as Additional Services Agreements.

He is expected to be listed on at least $800,000 in salary-cap terms. On top of all that, there will be the inevitable "commercial opportunities".

As one industry observer said: "He's got a queue a mile long of people who will want a piece of him." Football and associated opportunities may earn him $2 million a year.