Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 94984 times)

Offline TIGER 03

• Future Richmond star
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #405 on: October 04, 2007, 02:24:50 PM »
what do you think of this.

Richmond : trade pick 2 for pick 3 gain morton ( WC ) swap our picks 19 and 35 with ( CARL ) for 20 and 36 and we get either walker, simpson, or carrazzo )

Result : picks 3 , 18 , 20 , 36 , 51 , 67 plus morton and either walker, simpson, or carrazzo.

Carlton : gain pick 2 from ( RICH ), swap there picks 20 and 36 for ( RICH ) picks 19 and 35 and either walker, simpson, or carrazzo to ( RICH )

pick 2 and 19 plus a player (say kennedy  to West Coast )

Result : picks 1 , 35 ,51 , 68 plus Judd

West Coast : gain picks 2 and 20 plus a player (say kennedy) and morton to ( RICH )

Result : 2, 13 , 19, 30, 46, 62, 78 and a player (say kennedy)

* NOTE : while i personally dont want the tigers to play any part in the judd going to any other victorian club, but for us to get him via PSD.

im not a big wrap for morton to the tigers, but i think its a morale.

but us giving up pick 2 allows (WC) to get C. Morton or Cotchin. We would get who they dont pick ( nothing lost there ).

By swapping picks with carlton we get either walker, simpson, or carrazzo, wouldnt think it changes too much with our original selections.

What do you think ?

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #406 on: October 04, 2007, 02:47:57 PM »
* NOTE : while i personally dont want the tigers to play any part in the judd going to any other victorian club, but for us to get him via PSD.

im not a big wrap for morton to the tigers, but i think its a morale.
I'm in this boat with you T03. I also rate Cotchin ahead of the younger Morton so I wouldn't do it unless I was 100% sure the Eagles would take Morton at #2 so we get Cotchin at #3 anyway. The Eagles seem to want Kreuzer or Cotchin though so I'd pass.

I still don't get why we are after Mitch Morton. Makes no sense to me us chasing a HFF  ???.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #407 on: October 04, 2007, 02:58:07 PM »
I still don't get why we are after Mitch Morton. Makes no sense to me us chasing a HFF  ???.

maybe we are chasing mitch cos we rate cale better than cotchin, iirc, cale is a taller player and is something special, cotchin just may be another small that does not come on.

also, we just dont know, maybe behind teh scenes are are going to tade say a petts for something better thus mitch comes in as a hff

tigers are going to be very active  in the next 1.5  weeks

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #408 on: October 04, 2007, 02:59:19 PM »
At the end of the day if Carlton offer 3, 20 and Kennedy and our 2 is on the table, if WCE say PO to Carlton then Carlton will offer 1, 20 and Kennedy. There's no way Pratt will want to live up to his name and look like a fool after all the PR over the last couple of days.

Our only hope is a bit of friction between the two clubs.
I reckon you're on the money Jake. The talk on the Blues forums is this is what they'll do. They'll look like complete idiots if Judd slipped through to us with Ratten saying he's looking forward to coaching Judd. Some wag has even already added Judd to the Carlton's wikipedia page. Be funny as if they missed out now :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #409 on: October 04, 2007, 03:34:31 PM »

maybe we are chasing mitch cos we rate cale better than cotchin, iirc, cale is a taller player and is something special, cotchin just may be another small that does not come on.

also, we just dont know, maybe behind teh scenes are are going to tade say a petts for something better thus mitch comes in as a hff

I worry when I hear Richmond say player Y is something special but will take 4-5 years before we see it  :help. Morton is 6kgs lighter than Cotchin even though he's 8cm taller. We seem to be the only club with whispers saying we're considering taking Morton ahead of Cotchin. That doesn't give me confidence  and having seen Cotchin play then Morton better be bloody good for him to be rated higher.

We could also stuff the Eagles instead of the Blues and trade Harts to Carlton for pick 3 on the condition we let Judd go to the Blues in the PSD and we pick up Morton instead. We then get both Cotchin and both Mortons  ;).   

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #410 on: October 04, 2007, 04:00:46 PM »

I worry when I hear Richmond say player Y is something special but will take 4-5 years before we see it  :help. Morton is 6kgs lighter than Cotchin even though he's 8cm taller. We seem to be the only club with whispers saying we're considering taking Morton ahead of Cotchin. That doesn't give me confidence  and having seen Cotchin play then Morton better be bloody good for him to be rated higher.

We could also stuff the Eagles instead of the Blues and trade Harts to Carlton for pick 3 on the condition we let Judd go to the Blues in the PSD and we pick up Morton instead. We then get both Cotchin and both Mortons  ;).   

true mt

but re cotchin, i have seen him play a little this yr, not much i admit and thought he is a bit overrated. everytime i saw him play i thought he isnt that special, maybe i just got him on bad days or when he was carrying an injury or 2.
also, cotchin played mainly school footy, even jackson and moore looked gr8 in school footy as did dudly roach. school footy isnt that special

also, i heard cale has put on a bit of weight this yr and is heavier than that what ppl think.

he also maybe will bulk up quicker than a moore or mguane or thursty, we just dont know

its all chance, cotchin maybe a gun or a dud , likewise morton, the one thing we know 4 sure, id that if the blues want judd, they will have to cough up pick 1!  :whistle

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #411 on: October 04, 2007, 04:06:12 PM »
Some wag has even already added Judd to the Carlton's wikipedia page. Be funny as if they missed out now :lol
Thats too funny MT!  :rollin :rollin :rollin :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
The guy probably also suffers from premature.....you know what!

Should it fall through I would take great pleasure in requesting the ammendment!  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #412 on: October 04, 2007, 04:30:16 PM »

true mt

but re cotchin, i have seen him play a little this yr, not much i admit and thought he is a bit overrated. everytime i saw him play i thought he isnt that special, maybe i just got him on bad days or when he was carrying an injury or 2.
also, cotchin played mainly school footy, even jackson and moore looked gr8 in school footy as did dudly roach. school footy isnt that special

also, i heard cale has put on a bit of weight this yr and is heavier than that what ppl think.

he also maybe will bulk up quicker than a moore or mguane or thursty, we just dont know

its all chance, cotchin maybe a gun or a dud , likewise morton, the one thing we know 4 sure, id that if the blues want judd, they will have to cough up pick 1!  :whistle
That's true X.

I'd say my views have become stronger towards avoiding athletic lightweight draftees and more towards more solidly built natural footballers given the types of players that have been the key players of flag winning sides. Hey I could be proven wrong and Morton could end up the pick of the draft in the long run but I rate Cotchin based on his footskills and decision making which don't appear to fall away under pressure. He's also a good size already for a midfielder.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #413 on: October 04, 2007, 05:12:30 PM »
so true, i think its time footballers were drafted 1st, look at selwood, he is a footballer and strong and was by far the best in last yrs draft.

apparantly deledio jnr is a solid unit , maybe he will figure somehere same as selwood jnr

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #414 on: October 04, 2007, 05:17:56 PM »
Ch 10 news reporting the Carlton fear the Judd saga will drag well into trade week. Sounds like the Eagles have upped the ante on wanting Calrton's pick #1.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #415 on: October 04, 2007, 05:24:33 PM »
Ch 10 news reporting the Carlton fear the Judd saga will drag well into trade week. Sounds like the Eagles have upped the ante on wanting Calrton's pick #1.

yep, i mentioned his b4, wce are just doing what any club would do if judd was theirs, lets face it, no one can replace judd, he is a freak but if someone or a deal was to be made , pick 1 would have to be part of it, just makes sence.

lets say hypo speaking j.brown wanted out of brisbane, they would never give him up for at least a pick 1 .

i said it b4, and i will say it again, if the blues dont offer pick one as part of the judd deal, judd will be a tiger

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #416 on: October 04, 2007, 06:12:11 PM »
Well the way Ratten has been eyeing off Kruezer at the draft camp Carlton don't intend to give up pick 1 at this stage. Come the trade deadline it'll depend on who blinks first out of the Eagles and Blues as to where Judd ends up.

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #417 on: October 04, 2007, 06:21:14 PM »
Well the way Ratten has been eyeing off Kruezer at the draft camp Carlton don't intend to give up pick 1 at this stage. Come the trade deadline it'll depend on who blinks first out of the Eagles and Blues as to where Judd ends up.
[/quote

and i hope its not the eagles. if they fall for it from the blues and pick up that dud kennedy, 3 and watever else they will be classified as the biggest joke in the AFL.

how can judd not be a number 1 pick. You may say well ottens was 12 and 16 but lets not forget this is the best year of footy that guy has played.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #418 on: October 04, 2007, 07:55:19 PM »
Judd talks hit hurdle
4/10/2007 5:59:10 PM
Sportal

Carlton's initial optimism that an agreement to secure Chris Judd could be stitched-up quickly appears to have evaporated with senior coach Brett Ratten conceding the deal may go down to the wire.

http://sportal.com.au/default.aspx/afl-news-display/judd-talks-hit-hurdle-36744

Btw another BF rumour is

Dogs - pick 20, Kennedy
Eagles - picks 3, 5
Blues - Judd

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #419 on: October 04, 2007, 08:56:37 PM »
Poor Josh Kennedy. He's getting theoretically shunted all over the place. Must be feeling really good about it all. Probably a prospective top line player himself.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott