Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95245 times)

Ox

Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #165 on: September 19, 2007, 05:30:20 PM »
Asked what Judd was worth for trade, Gooding replied:
"Selections, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.

translation = nobody will reach an agreement and Judd enters PSD.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #166 on: September 19, 2007, 06:00:41 PM »
"Selections, one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, nine, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17.

the weagles are not in the box seat. Judd has already said he is leaving, the weagles are going to have to take what they can get otherwise he leaves for free

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #167 on: September 19, 2007, 07:00:28 PM »

the weagles are not in the box seat. Judd has already said he is leaving, the weagles are going to have to take what they can get otherwise he leaves for free
It'd be great if the Eagles do a Port Adelaide with Nick Stevens and use Judd as an example to anyone wishing to leave that they'll head straight to the wooden spooners in the PSD but I can't see the Eagles doing this. With Stevens Port missed out on one pick. With Judd the Eagles can score two easily. To good an offer to miss out on that could win them the flag next year as their midfield is strong even without Judd.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #168 on: September 19, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
If people didn't happen to see it, you missed a good laugh at whoever wrote the Essendon piece.

Here is a highlight of the humorous moments:

What they will offer?

Essendon will offer pick 6, 23 and Courtney Johns or Keplar Bradley  :lol

They might have to throw a McPhee in as well  :lol

What will attract Judd?

The team is young, talented and on the improve  :lol

Priceless, I think it'd have to be the comedy stylings of Mark Robinson

I almost fell off my chair reading that. Obviously Mark Robinson did the Bombers' spiel  :rollin  :wallywink.

The Eagles would want none of those lol. McPhee left Freo because he wanted to return to Victoria so why would he want to go back to WA. Geez these journos type crap these days.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #169 on: September 19, 2007, 07:25:59 PM »
well we know its down to 4, now let the games begin.

just sit tight if anyone wants our pick they would want to deliver with the goods otherwise we stick to our original plan and use our picks wisely.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #170 on: September 19, 2007, 07:50:28 PM »
It'd be great if the Eagles do a Port Adelaide with Nick Stevens and use Judd as an example to anyone wishing to leave that they'll head straight to the wooden spooners in the PSD but I can't see the Eagles doing this. With Stevens Port missed out on one pick. With Judd the Eagles can score two easily. To good an offer to miss out on that could win them the flag next year as their midfield is strong even without Judd.

ditto, thinking the same thing

if i was wce, i would reject every offer given, why should they give judd what he wants after he walked out. ok wce will get nothing, but judd isnt a player u can replace anyway, they still have cousins, kerr, embley, fletcher, priddis , selwood, etc etc etc 
they dont really need judd or a replacement

i say screw judd, dont trade , let him go str8 to the  psd ! :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #171 on: September 19, 2007, 09:15:31 PM »
The former Eagles has landed. From the Age:

Judd will meet with Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne, while St Kilda and Hawthorn have also indicated they are very interested in recruiting him.

"I don't know a lot about how the different clubs work, so it will be a good chance to meet and greet and....make a decision on the future," he said before leaving Perth.

When asked if he had a preferred club, Judd replied: "Not at this stage, I will go there with an open mind and I'm just looking forward to getting back to Melbourne."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Judd-flies-to-Melbourne-for-talks/2007/09/19/1189881592225.html

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #172 on: September 19, 2007, 09:19:03 PM »
The former Eagles has landed. From the Age:

Judd will meet with Carlton, Collingwood, Essendon and Melbourne, while St Kilda and Hawthorn have also indicated they are very interested in recruiting him.

"I don't know a lot about how the different clubs work, so it will be a good chance to meet and greet and....make a decision on the future," he said before leaving Perth.

When asked if he had a preferred club, Judd replied: "Not at this stage, I will go there with an open mind and I'm just looking forward to getting back to Melbourne."

http://www.theage.com.au/news/Sport/Judd-flies-to-Melbourne-for-talks/2007/09/19/1189881592225.html

its gonna be like seagulls to hot chips.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #173 on: September 19, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »
Mark Fine on SEN reckons Judd has told the Hawks he's not interested all 3 times he's been contacted because he's good mates with Stephen Greene who was axed by the Hawks.

The Age says Judd has said no to the Saints too. Still only talking to the 4 clubs - Blues, Pies, Bombers and Dees.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #174 on: September 19, 2007, 11:23:17 PM »
Judd will need to talk to us and talk to us in length
due to the fact that the deals and his wishes/demands may not eventuate
and he may come to us via the PSD  :thumbsup.
If he is smart or his manager is he will do that before he sits down with any other club to discuss anything.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #175 on: September 19, 2007, 11:29:11 PM »
i still reckon melbourne is the 1, mcclean tigerland?...

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #176 on: September 20, 2007, 02:46:29 AM »
Interesting remarks from the Eagles on what they want for Judd....

Talks between Judd and his agent Paul Connors have been scheduled with Carlton and Melbourne tomorrow, and Essendon on the weekend. They will talk to Collingwood as soon as the Magpies end their finals campaign.

West Coast chief executive Trevor Nisbett said the Eagles needed two to three options from Judd, and they expect a decision by next week.

"We require several options, otherwise it could become difficult," Nisbett said. "If it's only one option, one club, that could make it extremely tough for us to assist him.

"It's a matter of him talking to clubs and then him indicating to us his preferred options, not just one option.

"Chris needs to meet a number of clubs and we need a firm commitment from one club. We'd be hoping to get something done early in trade week.

"It's not a matter of what we want, it's a matter of what people are prepared to trade for the best player in the country."

Nisbett conceded that most scenarios were hypothetical. "Carlton says they won't deal with the first pick, and Richmond says they're reluctant to use the second selection for Judd," he said. "It doesn't mean it's gospel. I don't believe everything is set in concrete.

"We will do the best we can for our business."

"Collingwood is not in the driver's seat unless it is prepared to do deals," Nisbett said. "The difficulty is that Collingwood will finish a long way up the ladder."

By finishing in the top four, the Magpies' best possible draft selection would be No.14.

"Now if they came to us and said you can have Scott Pendlebury and Dale Thomas, that would be a different scenario," Nisbett said.

If the Eagles are not satisfied with a suitable trade, then Judd would remain out of contract and be available to Richmond, which has first choice in the pre-season draft in December.

"I don't think it will get to that," Nisbett said. "We are prepared to trade and we'll fulfil that. Chris Judd is a reasonable person."

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22447685-5012432,00.html

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #177 on: September 20, 2007, 03:37:47 AM »
Reading between the lines, the Eagles still consider us as a trade option even if we're not at the top of Judd's list and the Eagles are going to make it very difficult for Judd to head to the Pies. LOL them saying both Thomas and Pendlebury will get them interested  :lol.

Ramps

« Reply #178 on: September 20, 2007, 04:22:33 AM »
i get the feeling that we may just be in this right up to our eyeballs. By the way, i heard today that Judd understands that whilst money is important, he may not screw a club up by asking for 1.5 a year, i heard the figure at the end may be closer to 50% that amount.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #179 on: September 20, 2007, 12:57:02 PM »
Mark Fine on SEN reckons Judd has told the Hawks he's not interested all 3 times he's been contacted because he's good mates with Stephen Greene who was axed by the Hawks.

Anyone else think it could be something else as well?  :shh
EAT EM ALIVE!