Author Topic: Carlton-Judd threads [merged]  (Read 95221 times)

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Judd threads [merged]
« Reply #210 on: September 22, 2007, 06:56:16 AM »
The result tonight could be good for us. The Pies now may think that their current list is good enough and they don't need to break it up to squeeze in Judd. They may also think that they are just a good ruckman away from a flag and should trade for one rather than a midfielder.   

lol, true, let the pies be fooled. reality was the cats did their best to choke, and rottons was bog  :lol ahole!  johnson, bartel and gablett were also very good but guys like chappy  ling corey blake etc were all nervous wrecks and choked

if geelong take that form and mentality to the granny, they will get pumped

this is why i think we have a gr8 future and tanked teh yr, we gave this pie team a flogging, yet last yrs grandfinalists lost to them, and this minor premiers nearly went down

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #211 on: September 22, 2007, 06:57:32 AM »
From the Age:

The Eagles say they haven't given up trying to retain Judd. Let him live in Melbourne, but fly to Perth for home games.

signs of total desparation  :rollin :lol :rollin :lol

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #212 on: September 22, 2007, 07:28:31 AM »
From the Age:

The Eagles say they haven't given up trying to retain Judd. Let him live in Melbourne, but fly to Perth for home games.

::)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #213 on: September 22, 2007, 08:56:21 AM »
McLean won't leave. Dees fans won't have that.

There would be a truck load of Melbourne players go before they'd let Brock walk out of the place.

has nothing to do with what the fans want, wce fans wanted judd to stay, bulldogs didnt wannt brown to leave etc etc
Same with Ottens and us. If a player wants to leave then they leave. Why would you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be at your club anymore.

The blues kept Thornton and the other kid that wanted to go to Port after they wanted out.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #214 on: September 23, 2007, 03:50:50 AM »
Judd deal with Pies unlikely, says Nisbett
Martin Boulton | September 23, 2007

CHRIS Judd's meeting with Collingwood this week could prove futile, according to Eagles chief executive Trevor Nisbett, who said a trade with the Magpies might not be possible.

Nisbett also flagged an AFL trade deadlock if a deal cannot be struck, while player manager Ricky Nixon has warned of legal action if the Judd deal holds up the trades of players he represents.

"If he said just Collingwood, well, it would be difficult because I don't know what they have got to offer," Nisbett said.

AFL boss Andrew Demetriou yesterday warned clubs chasing Judd not to cheat on the salary cap with side agreements.

"All clubs know they're on notice, that if they try to construct something which is over and above what … the AFL will accept, then the AFL will come down hard on them," he said on SEN.

"Carlton knows too well, and they know that from history, that those things won't be tolerated," Demetriou said. "I don't expect that's what Carlton would be doing, they're very sensible now."

http://realfooty.com.au/news/news/judd-deal-with-pies-unlikely/2007/09/22/1189881836399.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #215 on: September 23, 2007, 03:55:48 AM »
Voss' view on the Judd scenarioes

I am looking for the ace Judd has up his sleeve to ensure he gets to his club of choice. Richmond, with first pick in the pre-season draft, is the only club he could be guaranteed to go to. And the Tigers are yet to signal they will meet his needs.

So, unless something amazing pops up, you'd think Carlton has the cards to win the deal. Surely, West Coast doesn't have to miss out on the No. 1 pick in the national draft just to ensure Judd gets a nice home. And pick No. 1 is what he is worth every day of the week. And twice next week. Give me Judd ahead of any young man in the draft. He's a superstar who still has many years left in his body, a proven big-stage performer who can turn a game in a flash.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/judds-journey-east-creates-plenty-of-intrigue/2007/09/22/1189881836112.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2007, 10:43:47 AM »

I am looking for the ace Judd has up his sleeve to ensure he gets to his club of choice. Richmond, with first pick in the pre-season draft, is the only club he could be guaranteed to go to. And the Tigers are yet to signal they will meet his needs.

So, unless something amazing pops up, you'd think Carlton has the cards to win the deal. Surely, West Coast doesn't have to miss out on the No. 1 pick in the national draft just to ensure Judd gets a nice home. And pick No. 1 is what he is worth every day of the week. And twice next week. Give me Judd ahead of any young man in the draft. He's a superstar who still has many years left in his body, a proven big-stage performer who can turn a game in a flash.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/judds-journey-east-creates-plenty-of-intrigue/2007/09/22/1189881836112.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

i reckon we could be keeping our cards close to our chest while the others are throwing themselves at judd, geez i really hope we dont hand over the 2 pick.

gotta keep our collective heads here.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #217 on: September 23, 2007, 01:55:32 PM »
McLean won't leave. Dees fans won't have that.

There would be a truck load of Melbourne players go before they'd let Brock walk out of the place.

has nothing to do with what the fans want, wce fans wanted judd to stay, bulldogs didnt wannt brown to leave etc etc
Same with Ottens and us. If a player wants to leave then they leave. Why would you want to keep a player who doesn't want to be at your club anymore.

The blues kept Thornton and the other kid that wanted to go to Port after they wanted out.
Carlton were dumb. They could have got a couple of top 30 picks in last year's strong draft for Thorton. Like us with Holland, we should have let him go at the end of 2001.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #218 on: September 23, 2007, 01:58:26 PM »

I hope the Eagles are as bitter as their fans. If they want to send Judd to "rot at Richmond", I can live with that  :yep.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #219 on: September 23, 2007, 07:08:24 PM »
With the Pies chasing Judd, you've got wonder if Clement retired or was pushed to to open up salary cap space.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #220 on: September 24, 2007, 12:38:16 AM »
I haven't given up hope we'll get him yet. :pray

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #221 on: September 24, 2007, 04:32:25 AM »
Demons draft bid in Judd battle
Greg Denham | September 24, 2007 | The Australian

MELBOURNE is preparing to trade away players for high draft selections to satisfy West Coast should Chris Judd agree to move to the Demons.

"We would look at any player for any pick," Gardner said.

The agency's new market is $1.70 Carlton, which opened at $1.30; $3.50 Collingwood and Melbourne; $7 Essendon; and $21 Richmond.

Two clubs chasing Judd yesterday expressed their fears that if the decision becomes drawn out for another week, it would favour Collingwood.

"The longer it goes, the harder it gets and most of us think it's already a done deal that he will pick Collingwood anyway," one club administrator said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,22468258-5012432,00.html

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #222 on: September 24, 2007, 04:34:10 AM »
Pie fans believe we would give up picks 2 & 19 for Reid and Brown.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #223 on: September 24, 2007, 09:18:28 AM »
Pie fans believe we would give up picks 2 & 19 for Reid and Brown.

:lol

Done less than Jack in his first year.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Moi

« Reply #224 on: September 24, 2007, 09:50:25 AM »
Rumour File said this morning that Josh Fraser didn't play Friday because he became aware he was being offered as trade bait for Chris Judd and not happy.  And it is alleged he or his management rang Carlton Thursday night and said he would enter the draft to be picked up by Carlton.