Author Topic: Rate a Tiger's year: 30. Richie Tambling  (Read 2355 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Rate a Tiger's year: 30. Richie Tambling
« on: September 20, 2007, 12:20:26 PM »
How did we rate Tambo's year?

Richie played 20 matches this year. He injured his shoulder in the Geelong massacre and missed the following week and then was dropped after the Hawthorn in round 15. Richie averaged 13.6 disposals (20th best Tiger), 4.7 marks and 2.5 tackles per game. He also kicked 17 goals.

http://www.finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=1564&SeasonID=ALL

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Rate a Tiger's year: 30. Richie Tambling
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 12:58:22 PM »
Disappointing.  I expect big things next year from young Bling.
EAT EM ALIVE!

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 01:22:18 PM »
He was disappointing, but a lot of opposition supporters probably didn't notice how many times he was at the bottom of packs. If he can strengthen up more and be able to free his arms up, he can start feeding the ball out, instead of causing a contest and ensuing bounce.

I do have a feeling he'll be ok next year.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 01:35:47 PM »
Still living in Buddy's shadow and likely always will.

Improved again from a low base but is still behind where you would hope from a no4 draft pick.

Finished the season really well playing his best football for the year so that was a big positive.
Hopefully he can take that through to 08.

5.5/10

richmondrules

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2007, 02:59:43 PM »
I would say for a young kid in his third year he was OK. Disappointing is a bit harsh. He showed some steady improvement but didn't set the house on fire. If it wasn't for Boofy Fartlin people would be quite OK about him. I'm satisfied for the time being.

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2007, 03:20:11 PM »
I would say for a young kid in his third year he was OK. Disappointing is a bit harsh. He showed some steady improvement but didn't set the house on fire. If it wasn't for Boofy Fartlin people would be quite OK about him. I'm satisfied for the time being.

Probably said disappointing because I heard so much about him "having a blinder" all pre-season and then didnt seem to do so much.

Not so much hype and the let down wouldnt have been so big.  :-\
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ox

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2007, 03:37:20 PM »
Ok.

I'll be honest.

"Typical aboriginal bull poo crap"

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2007, 03:52:33 PM »
so so year

has his moments, but not consistent enough yet

still hold high hopes for young richie  :gotigers
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 04:07:51 PM by bluey_21 »

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2007, 03:59:08 PM »
Ok.

I'll be honest.

whats his race have to do with it?

so rioli, wanganeen, long, mcleod, burgoynes, goodes, micky O, matera, polly, mitchell, cable etc etc were all "Typical aboriginal bull poo crap" also!

blingers showd good improvement this year, shiowed towards the end of teh yr that he is an inside mid not and outside runner

will become a very very good player

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2007, 04:09:12 PM »
Ok.

I'll be honest.

so rioli, wanganeen, long, mcleod, burgoynes, goodes, micky O, matera, polly, mitchell, cable etc etc were all "Typical aboriginal bull poo crap" also!

blingers showd good improvement this year, shiowed towards the end of teh yr that he is an inside mid not and outside runner

yep, I reckon if you were to look back the success rate of aboriginal players could quite possibly be better than that of non-indigenous players

Offline tigersalive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2007, 04:31:02 PM »
Ok.

I'll be honest.

I think what Brackets is getting at is that thats been the excuse all along, "its ok he's not there yet because he's aboriginal and they take time."  Basically a direct Greg Miller line there.

Next year they cant hide behind that anymore.  Its time for Bling to stand up and be counted!

Or I have no idea and that was no where near what Oxx was getting at,.  :lol
EAT EM ALIVE!

Ox

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2007, 04:56:40 PM »
Ok.

I'll be honest.

I think what Brackets is getting at is that thats been the excuse all along, "its ok he's not there yet because he's aboriginal and they take time."  Basically a direct Greg Miller line there.

Next year they cant hide behind that anymore.  Its time for Bling to stand up and be counted!

Or I have no idea and that was no where near what Oxx was getting at,.  :lol

exactly :thumbsup

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2007, 06:30:10 PM »
thats a cop out, not all aboriginals take time, some do , some dont, just like caucasion players.

rioli was a gun from day 1 in the wafl and vfl, wanganeen never took time same as matera etc etc.

the only thing that held blingers back was his lack of muscle mass, not his race

btw, not sure if many are aware that wayne carey even thought he never talks about it is aboriginal. his brother has also played many times for the aborigibnal all stars at various indiginous games events. carey never took time to develop and look at buddy franklin, been here the same time as franklin but developed quicker but has a much biger body

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 06:44:54 PM »
Agree Rules. He had up and down year while showing steady improvement. Pretty standard for someone in his 3rd year. Good early on against the Dogs and Eagles especially and towards the end of year with a dip in form in the middle. I think injurying his shoulder against Geelong made him wary of hurting it again when he initially came back. However after being dropped for a week after the Hawthorn game,  he was throwing himself into the bottom of packs and was an important part of our improved performances as a team in our last 4 games for the year.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2007, 07:34:22 PM »
Showed improvement - especially in the areas where most have been critical (defensively in particular). There's still alot of improvement to be made but he will be fine

2nd half of the season was very good

6.5/10
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)