Author Topic: Wallace and Miller  (Read 3014 times)

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Wallace and Miller
« on: October 11, 2007, 09:27:35 AM »
Interesting point raised by a Cat fan on another forum.

If we are after players like McMahon, Hooper and Morton is it a quick fix to try get us 6-8 wins, look like we're improving and take some heat off Wallace and Miller?

I don't know how these three guys would help us get the extra wins, but maybe with another pre-season under the belt of a few players, the returns of some injured players it might be enough to give us false hope again?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Wallace and Miller
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 09:46:00 AM »
With the young players we have coming through we will improve anyway. This was evident by our finish to the season so I highly doubt
Wallace and Miller are doing this as some sort of strategy to try and keep their jobs.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 09:48:37 AM »
I have had a shower and have calmed down a little.

I guess going after 3 players McMahon, Hooper and Morton is for the sake of the PSD. Two might agree to stay with their clubs, while we can get player 3.

I hope so.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 10:01:53 AM »
With the young players we have coming through we will improve anyway. This was evident by our finish to the season so I highly doubt
Wallace and Miller are doing this as some sort of strategy to try and keep their jobs.
maybe they're just trying to do their jobs ie improve the list.

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 10:23:16 AM »

imagine that :o

Ramps

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 10:35:19 AM »

we did finish stone motherless last lol ... how hard can it be to say we improved the list? Reality is improving the list and making real progress towards winning a flag are two different things - you can add 2 or 3 players and improve a list, but the question is are they capable of being premiership players.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 12:51:52 PM »
The club argument will be that we are getting 2, 3 maybe even 4 players, taking into account the PSD pick, that are in that middle age bracket that we lack badly. It also fits in with Miller's (and presumably Plough's) view that a modern AFL side consists of 18 "mids" plus 4 talls. The issue I have is we already have a major overbalance of flanker-types and only one true quality onballer who we can rely on yet we're chasing more flanker-types while rumouredly avoiding the best onballer in the draft. We have also lost 5 talls from our list and as yet we haven't replaced even one of them. If we cop injuries again to a few talls we're going to struggle again next year.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2007, 04:27:01 AM by one-eyed »
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 02:41:00 PM »
The club argument will be that we are getting 2, 3 maybe even 4 players, taking into account the PSD pick, that are in that middle age bracket that we lack badly. It also fits in with Miller's (and presumably Plough's) view that a modern AFL side consists of 18 "mids" plus 4 talls. The issue I have is we already have a major overbalance of flanker-types and only one true quality onballer who we can rely on yet we're chasing more flanker-types while avoiding onballers in the draft. We have also lost 5 talls from our list and as yet we haven't replaced even one of them. If we cop injuries again to a few talls we're going to struggle again next year.
That is real cause for concern. :banghead

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 03:32:05 PM »
i am seriously speechless after this..
i cant believe miller and wallace. they make me sick.

both as pathetic as each other

we need kids..do they understand what that is..kids

every team improves their list with kids we seem to try top up with average players from other clubs.

this is crap it really is
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 03:57:25 PM »
im starting my kill   sack wallace and miller campaign again!

Ramps

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 07:14:14 PM »
Richmonds problem isnt 1 or 2 people, its the whole joint and the culture down there. Steve Wright should get out a blank piece of paper and start writing down how he would create a premiership club from new if he had the chance- he should consider if he had a 17th licence- how would he do it, what are the requirements, who would a club need, how many resources across the board to start anew, start at the beginning. Its just my opinion but at Richmond we lose the forest from the trees, we start one thing and never finish because everyone is of in different directions and those in leadership quickly lose support from the masses. We have been so poo for so long, it cant always be we pick bad players, it cant always be the coach, the whole joint needs a revolution.

Passionfruit

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 07:27:05 PM »
Richmonds problem isnt 1 or 2 people, its the whole joint and the culture down there. Steve Wright should get out a blank piece of paper and start writing down how he would create a premiership club from new if he had the chance- he should consider if he had a 17th licence- how would he do it, what are the requirements, who would a club need, how many resources across the board to start anew, start at the beginning. Its just my opinion but at Richmond we lose the forest from the trees, we start one thing and never finish because everyone is of in different directions and those in leadership quickly lose support from the masses. We have been so pooh for so long, it cant always be we pick bad players, it cant always be the coach, the whole joint needs a revolution.

Correct!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2007, 07:29:51 PM »
Richmonds problem isnt 1 or 2 people, its the whole joint and the culture down there. Steve Wright should get out a blank piece of paper and start writing down how he would create a premiership club from new if he had the chance- he should consider if he had a 17th licence- how would he do it, what are the requirements, who would a club need, how many resources across the board to start anew, start at the beginning. Its just my opinion but at Richmond we lose the forest from the trees, we start one thing and never finish because everyone is of in different directions and those in leadership quickly lose support from the masses. We have been so pooh for so long, it cant always be we pick bad players, it cant always be the coach, the whole joint needs a revolution.

wasnt wallace appointed to fix the "train wreck" that we were.

i know its hindsight but its clear as a bright sunny summers day now. wallace was a mistake and miller was worse

they are the 2 that have turned a train wreck into an unsalvagable ship wreck!

pi ss them both off and lets start from scratch

Ramps

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2007, 07:46:56 PM »
People on other RFC websites have completely lost control lol...theres even petitions now and you guys reckon me and afew others in here are bad, we dont hold a candle to those guys lol.

Ramps

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2007, 08:14:33 PM »
After going back and reading more of the other sites I urge people from the club to try and settle down the supporters, some people seem to have completely lost it.