Author Topic: Wallace to stay or go???  (Read 13270 times)

Passionfruit

Re: Wallace to stay or go???
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2007, 03:22:17 PM »
Would totally agree, at least spud had ""crack""!
Well that explains a lot for why he was such a dud coach lol  :shh  :rollin

He was a terrible coach at the finish, he least he got us to a prelim final, something Wallet wont achieve at Punt road.

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2007, 03:52:56 PM »
he least he got us to a prelim final, something Wallet wont achieve at Punt road.

True enough.
At the end of the day both coaches have a wooden spoon to their credit but only one has a finals birth(so far).

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2007, 04:32:03 PM »
Look at our list people!!! Look at where we are!!! We are here because of that guy who you claim "had a crack"!!! :banghead :banghead I'll never forgive that Spud Dud for all the damage he caused to our club and I don't give a toss if he had more passion for the club than TW as it was proven that most of his decision making was based on emotion, not logic!  :banghead :banghead How any of you can support him is beyond belief!! ??? ::) Wallace is a far better coach and has seen from day one where the problems were and what we need to do to change them.
We are rebuilding and this does take 5 years at least, especially if there are a few recruiting mistakes along the way which happens to the best of clubs. Last season was the "recession we had to have" and clubs like the Bombers are yet to have it which I believe puts us well ahead of them in the rebuilding stakes. We are one of the youngest teams in the comp. To me this is positive and shows that Wallace is on the right track. Our results in the last quarter of the season showed that our young guys are improving with every game.

i love the i dont know how any of you support him line!!!

who supports frawley. he got us to a prelim and yes he also got us into this mess but maybe wallace should've looked deeper into our list before opening up his wallet.

he still goes on about fraweley which peees me off. GET OVER IT!!

i never hear any other coach go on about previous lists and coaches so why the hell should he.

i see no difference between the 2 as it stands right now. both recruited bad. both gave us spoons-1 took us to a prelim.

both pathetic in my book.
what we need is a malthouse or a mark williams as coach of this team. for me the 2 best coaches in the league
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2007, 04:40:57 PM »

he still goes on about fraweley which peees me off. GET OVER IT!!

I haven't noticed this. When was the last time TW was going on about Frawley? What did he say?
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2007, 04:45:16 PM »
slight exageration but he mentioned it a few times this year but really even saying it once is too much.

u sound like a sore loser. ooh u left me with this train wreck what am i gonna do now.
the list is very bad, no one aged 23-27. true as it maybe u get paid 400k plus to make it happen pal

its really childish and sounds pathetic.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2007, 05:02:17 PM »
The way we have been performing for the last 25 yrs on and off the field its time the blame game on the previous admins and coaching regime stopped. So long as the current staff do it and continue to do it they have a scapegoat in the eyes of the board media and fans and can fall back on it for a time, time that perhaps would have been better spent regrouping and stabilising ourselves. Wake up Terry and use your smarts and your abilities and turning it all around. With the position you have the on field group in, we will now see whether your true worth as a coach is the real deal or a figmentation of the media and your media savviness. Wake up Terry and earn your money. There's always time for the solarium post footy.

Passionfruit

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2007, 05:47:36 PM »
slight exageration but he mentioned it a few times this year but really even saying it once is too much.

u sound like a sore loser. ooh u left me with this train wreck what am i gonna do now.
the list is very bad, no one aged 23-27. true as it maybe u get paid 400k plus to make it happen pal

$500K actually!
Then he gets mate Jordon McMahon on a contract of $1,000,000 for 3 years. ::)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2007, 05:53:10 PM »

and i wonder who neglected that particular age group by wasting draft picks on players like P.Hudson and so..if we hadnt traded our picks and used them those young blokes now would be around that age..

geez.

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2007, 05:54:20 PM »

$500K actually!
Then he gets mate Jordon McMahon on a contract of $1,000,000 for 3 years. ::)

cooking the books again Jackstar. :lol

Offline Tiger Spirit

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2007, 06:05:21 PM »
Alarm bells started ringing for me through last year’s trade week and I was going to post something at the time but thought I was just being overly emotional.  As time has passed it seems that maybe it was more than just emotion and maybe my concerns were real.  The only way I’d be happy for TW to remain coach would be if he was kept away from anything to do with recruitment, trades, or player development.

Otherwise, left to his own devices, we will soon have a list of flashy, but inconsistent, outside flanker, mini sized downhill skier types who couldn’t bruise a fly types.

Opposition teams must be shaking in their boots at the prospect of RFC in 2011.  Me, I’m just shaking my head.

How can you have a coach who is so self-absorbed and worried about his own coaching record more than he is the players?  My answer is that you can’t, if you want to get anywhere.  His coaching style goes skin deep, and that’s being kind.

We lose by 157 points and he comes out and says ‘I’ve never been involved in such a loss’.  Well boo hoo for you.  What about the players, how must they be feeling about it?

I’m sorry, but he just rubs me the wrong way and I just have no faith left in his ability as a coach whatsoever.  If I ever really had any.  That’s as honest as I can be about it.

He either has a major major overhaul or he’s taking us nowhere we want to go.
Everything that is done in this world is done by hope.  --Martin Luther

The time you enjoy wasting isn’t wasted time.

Passionfruit

« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2007, 06:07:36 PM »
Funny thing if you look at games from year 2001, one of the many reasons we made the finals were the efforts of Clinton King and Steve Sziller. Both players much maligned by Tiger supporters.
King had an excellent season -ran and carry style, while Sziller, was ""in and under"" and a bit of an enforcer.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2007, 06:46:36 PM »
Funny thing if you look at games from year 2001, one of the many reasons we made the finals were the efforts of Clinton King and Steve Sziller. Both players much maligned by Tiger supporters.
King had an excellent season -ran and carry style, while Sziller, was ""in and under"" and a bit of an enforcer.
Agree although they couldn't compete against the bigger bodies of Brisbane and Essendon and their footskills were hit-and-miss.

The loss of Brodders and Benny Gale at the end of 2001 left a bigger hole than people realised, on top of the ridiculous recruiting and misjudging of our weaknesses.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2007, 07:16:53 PM »
every team seems to bounce back after 3 or 4 years but we dont.
is it a culture thing down at punt road. this coach will blame the previous coach and so on.

that loss against the cats was a disgrace and should never happen in this day and age, not that much anyway. i was anti wallace after that game.

we r mentally weak as a team and this is the coach not drilling it into the players.

i cant imagine malthouse standing for something like that and constant pathetic performances like we dish up time and time again.

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2007, 07:25:32 PM »

If you watch that Bulldogs return game at the Dome in 2001 we were well beaten in the centre breaks that night until the last quarter when King got 5 out of the 6 centre breaks for us. Agree with those comments Jack and MT.
Injuries in 2002 as well as the loss of those experienced players further depleted us and exposed our threadbare list even more with guys who could not cut the mustard at this level getting more regular senior footy. This was the beginning of the end for Frawley as he knew he was going to be compared to his 2001 finish and he coached to preserve his status as a coach rather than look after the playing stocks of the club and surround himself with a band of nit wits like Brittain to boot.
For me Frawley was lost as coach in the first quarter of our Round 2 2002 game against Essendon. 44-3 down at qtr time against an injury depleted Dons team on a Friday night exposed how far off the pace we really were after a pre season Grand Final and round 1 thumping of Collingwood. From that point on we were never the same team never coached the same and that daring and free flowingness that we had seen on numerous occassions in 2000 and 2001 were totally gone. He had lost all confidence on his coaching and the talent on the less which was evident to us also and he coached accordingly and recruited accordingly.

Passionfruit

« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2007, 08:37:20 PM »
Been watching a lot of tapes from 2001. King had an excellent season.