Author Topic: Richmond & India thread [merged]  (Read 22267 times)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Is Richmond off to play in India?
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2012, 11:26:28 AM »
Keep eating tiger pooh
It may taste better with curry but I dont want to try it
Benny Fale diarrhea fit for the gullible who live on false hopes or mummy forgot to tell them the meaning of fairy tales and fairy bread
FFS or FTF

We have guys like this on the forum and your worried about what exactly?? :lol
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2012, 11:37:02 AM »
Keep eating tiger pooh
It may taste better with curry but I dont want to try it
Benny Fale diarrhea fit for the gullible who live on false hopes or mummy forgot to tell them the meaning of fairy tales and fairy bread
FFS or FTF

We have guys like this on the forum and your worried about what exactly?? :lol

Offline rfctigers05

• Premiership Captain
  • Like the Tigers of Old
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2012, 12:00:31 PM »
Rahul Dravid for coach please that should get the FTF over 10 million
It's all about stuffing money into their own coffers
Nothing about success. We've had enough members money to run a successful footy team for the last ten years but the same results are displayed
The salary cap is fixed for all teams so what's the excuse more money more success
We have got more money than you can poke sticks at
so they have to spend it and it can't exceed the salary cap
Simple maths they are having a ball with the surplus money giving the admin team huge pay rises
FFS or FTF
Truly my dear in this world a square is not round-Don Giovanni

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2012, 01:46:01 PM »
my issue is that alot of indians think that they are above everyone else and that most of them are cheap skates who never wanna pay for anything - they expect everything for free.
100 % correct flags. And their proud of it too.

Evidence from my favourite comedian and of Indian heritage, the very funny Russell Peters.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSgaSoULKU&feature=youtube_gdata_player

The club that keeps giving.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Indian star Rahul Dravid backs Tiger push for Indian support (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #169 on: November 06, 2012, 05:37:07 PM »
Indian Tigers Supporter Group

Click here to download the Indian Tigers Supporter Group flyer

This supporter group will provide you with an exciting introduction to the Richmond Tigers and the game of Australian Rules Football.  The Tigers’ home ground is the mighty MCG. As with cricket, it is a great place to watch elite-level football.

The Richmond Football Club is keen to build on its relationship with the Indian community.  As a result, the Club has formed the Indian Tigers Supporter Group. This supporter group will provide you with an exciting introduction to the Richmond Tigers and the game of Australian Rules Football.

Indian cricket great Rahul Dravid is delighted to be the patron of the Indian Tigers Support Group.

“Sport brings people together. I have seen that all over the world. It’s great that Richmond is connecting with the Indian community,” said the champion batsman, who visited the ME Bank Centre at Punt Road Oval on the eve of the 2011 Boxing Day Test.

“I like the idea of the Indian Tigers supporter group – it will give Indians another team and another sport to follow. I have watched some games on television – it is fast and very physical.  It would be great to see a game played in India one day.”

Indeed, Richmond does have aspirations to play an exhibition game in Mumbai in the near future. As part of this planned activity Richmond officials recently joined a Victorian State Government Trade Mission in India this month.

We would like to offer you a free three-game Richmond membership for the 2013 season, as well as an automatic, free membership of the Indian Tigers Supporter Group.

Your free Indian Tiger Membership entitles you to:

·         Access to any 3 home games in Melbourne
·         Personalised 2013 membership card
·         A unique inner sanctum experience at the Club, before a game at the MCG
·         Personalised communication from the club

In 2012, the Richmond Football Club achieved a significant goal by signing over 53,000 members and breaking our all-time membership record.  We want to be even bigger and better in 2013, as we continue our quest for 75,000 members by 2014.

To join the Indian Tigers Supporter Group and become a member of the Richmond Football Club, fill in your details below and we will contact you shortly.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/indiantigerssupportergroup/tabid/18648/default.aspx

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #170 on: November 07, 2012, 03:52:06 AM »
Raul 8)

Offline eliminator

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #171 on: November 07, 2012, 06:57:10 AM »
Good initiative by the Club. Good to have someone as recognisable as Dravid behind it too.

Offline Phil Mrakov

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • They said I could be anything so I became Phil
« Reply #172 on: November 07, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
Get him to a game
hhhaaarrgghhh hhhhaaarrggghhh hhhhaaaarrrggghh
HHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHAAARRRGGGHHHH HHHHHAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Richmond & India thread [merged]
« Reply #173 on: November 25, 2012, 03:06:10 PM »
Indian push
By Ben Collins
Sun 25 Nov, 2012

THE TENTACLES of Australian Football are ever-expanding, even in parts of the globe that once appeared impenetrable. And here's another example of the game's extraordinary reach and impact.

On December 1 and 2, cricket-mad India will host its first Australian Football tournament. Adding to the surreal nature of the event, Australian cricket great Steve Waugh is the tournament ambassador.

The AFL push into India is not a recent development. AFL India has existed in different guises for several years, and organised games have been played there since 2007.

'Captain Kirk's Odyssey' - a 2011 tour by Sydney premiership player Brett Kirk, then the AFL's international ambassador - gave the sport a decent kick-along, and not just in India, but also South Africa and Sri Lanka.

Richmond has also been active in trying to make inroads into what it sees as a vast, untapped market. The Tigers have plans to play an exhibition game in India, and have been pulling out all stops to garner local support.

They hosted Bollywood superstar actress Vidya Balan at their round seven clash with Sydney at the MCG, and have enlisted Indian cricket star Rahul Dravid as patron of their Indian Tigers supporter group.

Dravid is one of Waugh's greatest admirers. They are firm friends who catch up for dinner whenever their paths cross - a possibility during the Indian footy tournament.

Such non-cricket ambassadorial roles are not foreign to Waugh, who mentored the Socceroos during the 2007 Asian Cup and the Australian Olympic team in Beijing in 2008.

And AFL isn’t entirely foreign to the former Australian captain. In February, he spoke to the newly installed leadership group at Greater Western Sydney.

Raised in Sydney's south-western suburbs, Waugh sees great merit in the AFL's push into rugby territory.

His involvement in the Indian footy initiative is a considerable departure from the norm for him, largely because of the setting. But in many ways the 47-year-old is the ideal candidate for the role.

Waugh is fascinated by India, which holds for him both good and bad memories: the disappointment of never winning a Test series there is soothed somewhat by his love of the culture and the people.

But strangely, after touring the sub-continent on numerous occasions as a cricketer, this time Waugh's journey will involve a much bigger red leather ball.

And the sport he will promote is perhaps accessible to more people than his chosen sport. (There is less financial outlay for equipment, for a start.) Indeed, competition organisers trumpet in a press release that teams will comprise "players from the slums of Mumbai, middleclass Indian teenagers and affluent uni students".

Organised by AFL India, in conjunction with Global Community Sports and Reclink Australia, the competition will feature teams from the cities of Madurai, Mumbai and host Kozhikode. They will don the colours of Richmond (of course), Essendon, Geelong, North Melbourne and Greater Western Sydney.

About 10 games will be played in a round-robin format over the two days, culminating in a grand final. The winning team will earn bragging rights as national champions.

There are also some individual rewards on offer. Players will have the chance to push for selection in the national side (the India Tigers) for the next AFL International Cup, and one lucky player will be chosen to travel to Australia as part of a football exchange program.

The event is the result of a three-year campaign by AFL India to promote the sport. It will be sponsored by the Perth-based Oil and Gas Mining Institute and Australia Unlimited.

Sudip Chakraborty - the AFL India president who doubles as captain of his national team - describes the competition as "a dream come true".

He harbours a much bigger dream: that of creating enough attention in the Australian game to attract widespread interest and participation, school programs, and the biggie - establishing an "all-India league". All within five years.

Considering the atmosphere Indian fans create at big cricket matches, that would be something to behold.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151696/default.aspx

Rampstar

« Reply #174 on: November 25, 2012, 04:33:18 PM »
Indian Tigers Supporter Group

Click here to download the Indian Tigers Supporter Group flyer

We would like to offer you a free three-game Richmond membership for the 2013 season, as well as an automatic, free membership of the Indian Tigers Supporter Group.

Your free Indian Tiger Membership entitles you to:

·         Access to any 3 home games in Melbourne
·         Personalised 2013 membership card
·         A unique inner sanctum experience at the Club, before a game at the MCG
·         Personalised communication from the club

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/indiantigerssupportergroup/tabid/18648/default.aspx

Should be a major success. Whilst we all pay and have for years these bludgers will be getting in for free. The funny part is the club knows these people are bludgers and dont pay for anything so they just caved in lol. Whats a stuffen joke.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #175 on: November 25, 2012, 06:45:14 PM »
have to say I don't agree with this initiative by the club. understand the logic but just doesn't sit right

Free Memberships for people based on their nationality? Hmmmm
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Eat_em_Alive

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #176 on: November 25, 2012, 06:49:14 PM »
Yep exactly, not here to offend anyone but oops. They take offence to anything and are quick to poin the finger.
If ur not gonna contribute $$$$ sod off, would rather give free membershipps to the homeless and feed them as well.
The anywhere, anytime Tigers.
E A T  E M  A L I V E  M O F O S

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #177 on: November 25, 2012, 06:50:26 PM »
Racist club

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #178 on: November 25, 2012, 06:55:54 PM »
Typical response from some of you lot. The what about us mentality.

The club sees it as a opportunity to lure more supporters and whilst they get free memberships I'm sure they also sell merchandise which goes straight to the club.

Get over it people it's a great initiative.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Rampstar

« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2012, 07:31:19 PM »
Typical response from some of you lot. The what about us mentality.

The club sees it as a opportunity to lure more supporters and whilst they get free memberships I'm sure they also sell merchandise which goes straight to the club.

Get over it people it's a great initiative.

They wont be buying merchandise, they will want it for free. I want free memberships for all Wogs. The wogs who came here in the 50s and the 60s and their children, the ones who came in droves, who lived in Richmond, who didnt have a lot of  money but nevertheless they adopted this club so they put money in, sometimes they put money in they didnt have, how come no free memberships for these people?