Author Topic: Richmond & India thread [merged]  (Read 22272 times)

Ruanaidh

Re: Richmond & India thread [merged]
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2012, 08:37:56 PM »
Yep exactly, not here to offend anyone but oops. They take offence to anything and are quick to poin the finger.
If ur not gonna contribute $$$$ sod off, would rather give free membershipps to the homeless and feed them as well.
Agree with you and WP. This doesn't sit right with me either. I actually remember a mate of mine (who had fallen on tough times), ringing the club during Wallet's tenure and asked them if they had a discounted membership for those with a Health Care Card.....they said no.... this bloke had been a member for a decade earlier in his life.....so to all Indians or anyone else.........pay or no play....imo.

Offline Tigeritis™©®

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Richmond, Premiers 2017.2019
« Reply #181 on: November 25, 2012, 08:40:01 PM »
Its great to see The tigers have done their research.

The Indian people invented zero. Hilarious.

http://youtu.be/IbjflbfI-eg
The club that keeps giving.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #182 on: November 25, 2012, 08:57:44 PM »
Typical response from some of you lot. The what about us mentality.

Sorry daniel it not about the "what about us mentality"

Because it's not about me or what do I get or why don't I get freebies it's about the fact they are offering something for free to people based on the nationality.

Last time I checked in this political correct world in which now live there's a good chance it would be deemed racist. But for some reason in this case it isn't. Why?

But more importantly as Runaidh & Ramps mention what about other people who can't afford memberships because of genuine hardship? Why aren't/haven't they been shown the same generosity from our Club

As I said I understand the clubs reasoning but it just doesn't sit right with me
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Gigantor

« Reply #183 on: November 25, 2012, 09:04:20 PM »
i agree with the general push to expand the supporter base and to target India in particular.However i must admit offering free memberships just doesnt sit well,considering so many supporters out there do it hard and yet were still able to contribute to the fighting tiger fund..To me membership has a responsibility too not something to be tossed around with gay abandon.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #184 on: November 25, 2012, 09:33:38 PM »

The club sees it as a opportunity to lure more supporters and whilst they get free memberships I'm sure they also sell merchandise which goes straight to the club.

Get over it people it's a great initiative.

They wont be buying merchandise, they will want it for free. I want free memberships for all Wogs. The wogs who came here in the 50s and the 60s and their children, the ones who came in droves, who lived in Richmond, who didnt have a lot of  money but nevertheless they adopted this club so they put money in, sometimes they put money in they didnt have, how come no free memberships for these people?

I actually have quite a few Indian clients and let me tell you they aren't half as tight as some of us english or greeks. I know greeks and italians who make Indians look like the biggest spenders you are ever likely to meet.

all nationalities are the same. Some as tight as each other.

regardless why care about what they are doing worry about what your doing. Similar problem throughout society if you ask me

If some buy merchandise and become members then its a success IMO.

at the end of the day WGAF, seriously

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Gigantor

« Reply #185 on: November 25, 2012, 09:42:13 PM »
greeks and Italian are tight right now because they are just following their country men whose economies are down the toilet at the moment..maybe its a sympathy vote :)

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #186 on: November 25, 2012, 09:53:53 PM »

As I said I understand the clubs reasoning but it just doesn't sit right with me

I think I also get the club's reasoning and see it as a 'hook' to use sales speak.  If the membership is gratis for the first year and that causes a significant percentage to re-sign next year at normal rates then it's a fantastic campaign.  If not, then nothing ventured nothing gained but with the rider that they don't continue to offer the freebie.  Just my take.

Dubstep Dookie

« Reply #187 on: November 25, 2012, 09:58:57 PM »
So let me get this straight, what's the criteria to qualify for free membership? Is it you have to be of Indian descent, born in India or hold an Indian passport?

What about existing members who meet the new criteria? Do they get 3 games free?

Gigantor

« Reply #188 on: November 25, 2012, 10:02:02 PM »
So let me get this straight, what's the criteria to qualify for free membership? Is it you have to be of Indian descent, born in India or hold an Indian passport?

What about existing members who meet the new criteria? Do they get 3 games free?
for all queries regarding nationality please consult mein kampf...lol

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #189 on: November 25, 2012, 10:05:10 PM »
If you have to give it away, it has no value. I too disagree with this move and I'm usually pretty positive about the clubs marketing ventures.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #190 on: November 25, 2012, 10:41:01 PM »
greeks and Italian are tight right now because they are just following their country men whose economies are down the toilet at the moment..maybe its a sympathy vote :)

:lol :lol

but no, some greeks and italians are so tight they end up paying more due to their stupidity.

first hand experience
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Rampstar

« Reply #191 on: November 25, 2012, 10:49:58 PM »

:lol :lol

but no, some greeks and italians are so tight they end up paying more due to their stupidity.

first hand experience

this is correct Ive seen it plenty of times  ;D. It pays to not be a cheapskate  ;D. You get what you pay for and some greeks and italians are other wogs are tight arses  :lol of that I have no doubt but that doesnt excuse the club giving the indians free memberships. On another matter do these indians on the freebies are they entitled to vote for board members and other club resolutions?

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #192 on: November 25, 2012, 10:59:40 PM »

The club sees it as a opportunity to lure more supporters and whilst they get free memberships I'm sure they also sell merchandise which goes straight to the club.

Get over it people it's a great initiative.

They wont be buying merchandise, they will want it for free. I want free memberships for all Wogs.
:lol
Ya wannabe bludger Ramps!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #193 on: November 25, 2012, 11:03:30 PM »
On another matter do these indians on the freebies are they entitled to vote for board members and other club resolutions?
I really couldnt give a flying fornication about all this, but you do raise a very valid question here ramps
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #194 on: November 26, 2012, 03:24:21 AM »
...un tapped market... capitalist.

David and the hot Indian.bird.love Richmond.

RFC could profit greatly from this long term if we do.it.right

Edit: Offensive text removed.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 08:24:23 PM by one-eyed »