Author Topic: Your 08 lineup  (Read 9133 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Your 08 lineup
« Reply #75 on: January 11, 2008, 08:15:45 AM »

Ox

« Reply #76 on: January 11, 2008, 11:49:17 AM »
not u idiot......lol

Offline 08yearofthetiger

• Tiger Rookie
« Reply #77 on: January 11, 2008, 03:58:55 PM »
FB King   Thursfield   Rance

HB Bowden   Polak      Newman

C McMahon   Deledio   Johnoson   

HF Pettifer   Richo      Tambling         

FF Brown   Reiwolt   Edwards

R Simmonds   Foley      Tuck   

B Conners   Pattison   M.Morton   Coughlan

E Raines   jackson   Cotchin

Backline:- Thursfield showed last year that he is more than capable of holding down fullback. He shows great speed off the mark and uses his long arms to spoil effectively. King was a revelation last year with showing terrific speed and defensive pressure while running the lines when rebounding from defence. The other back pocket position was a toss-up between Rance and McGuane. Although younger Rance has the size over McGuane. Id also like to see T.W to start builing a team and partnership between Rance and Thusfield considering they will be our long term KPB in the future.

Half Back line:-Polak this year must play CHB. He has to show a will to spoil when not in the position to mark. More importantly T>W must make him accountable. If Polak holds down CHB then it allows Bowden to play his natural sweeping game while using his attacking skills to deliver up forward. Newman is an outstanding player many seem to forget that he was coming back from a badly broken leg this year and did superbly. Never backs away from a contest and is a natural footballer.

Centre Line:- A good balance across here with Mcmahon Deledio and Johnson. Although soft Mcmahon does posses exemplary skills. Deledio has speed and lots of it. Id like to see him start in the guts early in the year. If he can learn to shake a tag he will become a true A Grader. On the other wing I chose Johnson. He doesn’t show the best skills but is a brilliant tagger that also has reasonable in and under skills.

Half Forward Line:- Pettifer is truly underrated he has improved immensely in the time under T.W. He is an excellent lead forward that consistently kicks goals. Richo is a Champion simple as that and shows no sign of slowing down. On the other HFF I chose Tambling. He was a little inconsistent this year but showed his true potential against west coast. This could be the year that he explodes onto the scene now that he has had a full preseason under his belt.

Forward line:- Brown could get back to his best this year expect goals from this little freak im guessing 50+.
You don’t normally expect anything to much from a 2nd year KPP but there is something special about him.  Has shown enough at VFL level to warrant this selection. Edwards is an excitement machine expect to see him as a permanent crumbing forward this year with bursts in the middle and on a wing.

Rucks:- Simmonds will hopefully regain  full fitness and recapture his 2006 form. When fit is one of the premier ruckmen in the comp. Foley as we all know exploded onto the scene and was extremely close to all Australian selection. He is a tireless worker who puts in 150% each week. Tuck is a clearance player although he does not posses the best skills around. Can also go forward and kick goals.

:gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: January 11, 2008, 05:21:35 PM »
Great first post - very thorough and thoughtout. Welcome to the board.

Here's my team -

FB King   Thursfield   McGuane/Rance

HB Bowden   Polak      McMahon

C  Newman  Deledio    Coughlan

HF Pettifer   Richo      Lids       

FF Brown   Reiwolt   Tambling

Foll Simmonds   Foley     Tuck/Cotchin   

Bench - Connors  Pattison  Johnson/Jackson    M.Morton   

Emergenices (from): Raines   Jackson   Cotchin/Tuck  Rance/McGuane  Edwards

Please note that the '/ ' differientiate between first half of the season and second. For example I have McGuane down to play in the back pocket for the first part of the season to be replaced by Rance (assuming Rance has shown enough playing for Coburg by this stage) in the later part of the season.

Most of the second names are young up and coming stars I would love to see develop in these positions for the future. Whether this season is the right time to give them the responsibility or next is debatable and really depends on how we are progressing as a team at that stage of the year.

Johnson, Tuck and Raines I have not included for three completely different reasons.

Johnson because he had such a poor season in 07 and seems to be lacking the skill, fitness level and confidence to compete for his place against the young brigade let alone be our captain. Harsh I know and an unlikely senerio given his rank but a valid one in my opinion. We'll see him in the starting line up for sure regardless.

Tucky is brave, uncompromising and a strong in and under player. Everything Cogs is but minus the skill level. Tucky just doesn't have the delivery skills which TW is looking for in the midfield. He will be fighting for his place in team against son many young stars.

Raines was shown up as a one trick pony last year and his burst, run and carry from the backline became a weakness rather than a strength. He was run down, blocked and stripped of the ball and I can't tell you the amount of times he had the ball and the crowd scremed at him to pass it off. He looked like a deer in headlights most of the year and lacked the confidence, vision and decision-making skills that he potentially revealed in 06. I hope he comes good but with players like Rance, McMahon, Moore, McGaune and even Gourdis showing more poise, skill and most importantly pace and size he may find it hard to retain his position. He better hope Kingy has an off year nad a few midfielders fall over or he may not even get a chance.

Stripes

Offline Rex

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #79 on: January 12, 2008, 04:53:50 PM »
Great first post - very thorough and thoughtout. Welcome to the board.

Here's my team -

FB King   Thursfield   McGuane/Rance

C  Newman  Deledio    Coughlan

FF Brown   Reiwolt   Tambling

Foll Simmonds   Foley     Tuck/Cotchin   

Bench - Connors  Pattison  Johnson/Jackson    M.Morton   

Emergenices (from): Raines   Jackson   Cotchin/Tuck  Rance/McGuane  Edwards

Please note that the '/ ' differientiate between first half of the season and second. For example I have McGuane down to play in the back pocket for the first part of the season to be replaced by Rance (assuming Rance has shown enough playing for Coburg by this stage) in the later part of the season.

Most of the second names are young up and coming stars I would love to see develop in these positions for the future. Whether this season is the right time to give them the responsibility or next is debatable and really depends on how we are progressing as a team at that stage of the year.

Johnson, Tuck and Raines I have not included for three completely different reasons.

Johnson because he had such a poor season in 07 and seems to be lacking the skill, fitness level and confidence to compete for his place against the young brigade let alone be our captain. Harsh I know and an unlikely senerio given his rank but a valid one in my opinion. We'll see him in the starting line up for sure regardless.

Tucky is brave, uncompromising and a strong in and under player. Everything Cogs is but minus the skill level. Tucky just doesn't have the delivery skills which TW is looking for in the midfield. He will be fighting for his place in team against son many young stars.

Raines was shown up as a one trick pony last year and his burst, run and carry from the backline became a weakness rather than a strength. He was run down, blocked and stripped of the ball and I can't tell you the amount of times he had the ball and the crowd scremed at him to pass it off. He looked like a deer in headlights most of the year and lacked the confidence, vision and decision-making skills that he potentially revealed in 06. I hope he comes good but with players like Rance, McMahon, Moore, McGaune and even Gourdis showing more poise, skill and most importantly pace and size he may find it hard to retain his position. He better hope Kingy has an off year nad a few midfielders fall over or he may not even get a chance.

Stripes

FB King   Thursfield   McGuane

C  Newman   Coughlan  Raines

FF Brown   Schulz  Tambling

Foll Simmonds   Tuck  Foley     

Bench -  Pattison  Johnson  Jackson    M.Morton   

Emergenices (from):   Cotchin  Rance   Edwards

Raines will play. Will benefit from previous seasons failings and moving up to the centre line will see others having to tag him instead of other way round. Johno, too experienced to leave out (can tag well) Schulz big bodied, strong hands, good kick. Richo to play outside 50 will help Schulz. Tucky will not lose his spot (too tough).

By the way Stripes Lids is good but wont have to line up in the Centre and HFF at the same time(oversight I know :))

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #80 on: January 12, 2008, 10:24:04 PM »
Round 1

B     King    Thursfield    Moore

HB McMahon   Schulz   J Bowden 

C   Tambling  Newman   Morton

HF   Petiffer     Polak      Deledio

F     Brown   Richardson  Edwards

R   Simmonds   Tuck   Foley

IC: Johnson, Cotchin, Jackson, Pattison

E: Raines, Tivendale, Polo

- Moore gets a jumper on the back of some good form. I like him more than McGuane.

- Schulz at CHB which is a bit of a surprise but can't be any worse defensively than Polak. He is strong & has good skills for a big man. Stamina is the question. Bowden & McMahon provide the run.

- Newman in the centre. Morton on the wing.

- Polak to CHF. Need to utilise those mits up front. Deledio & Edwards new additions up front also.

- Coughlan needs match fitness and can find it at Coburg. Connors & Riewoldt in line if they shown form.

Main focus of this team is to utilise good footskills around HB and the centreline. Wallaces gameplan will be built around attack and feeding the marking forwards.