Author Topic: Your 08 lineup  (Read 9185 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Your 08 lineup
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2007, 08:53:27 PM »
schulz worth more than 28?

give me the stuff your on please :rollin

Yep, I want a dose of it as well.
What are you people smoking, fair dinkum

Little Jackie

« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2007, 08:56:39 PM »
schultz playing for coburg, thats my lineup in a nutshell

I am amazed how many have had Schultz in our best 22.
Afraid to say, if Schultz gets a game, we will struggle big time.
Agree with Daniel , coburg for mine.
Keep in mind the club tried to trade him and nobody wanted him.
Schultz ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

another lie from jack

port offered a 2nd round pick and we rejected it

When are the lies gunna stop jack? ::)

Fact/ Schultz was offered as trade, FACT!
Fact 2/ Brian Royal was on TV saying that Jay Schultz would need to ""come back"" to the fold knowing that he was offered as trade, FACT!  Channel 9 had the story during trade week.
And God help the RFC if we are relying on Jay Schultz.

Why wouldnt we accept a second round pick, especially when we gave a pick up for one of the softest players going around. ::)
Good luck with Jay

you are an idiot :scream

Port offered pick 28
we wanted pick 16 for our pick 18, and 28

They said no.

Gets your facts right before you start spinning poo

nothing worse than uninformed supporters lying to the richmond faithful. :banghead :banghead

If port offered pick 28 we should of taken it, end of discussion.

they did fact

we didnt take it because he is worth more. so please stop spreading lies that no-one wanted him because more than 1 club did..FACT

Schultz worth more ::)
Thats why the club finished on the bottom as we overate players, sorry Duds.!

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2007, 09:45:39 PM »
i thought u stuffed off jack

get over it or jump off the west gate

everyone is sick of ur pessimistic poo, we may have come last nut we still thumped ur beloved sheedy bumbers in their so special do it for sheeds and golden boy game

u r one bitter dick

« Reply #48 on: December 14, 2007, 10:48:34 PM »
i thought u stuffed off jack

get over it or jump off the west gate

everyone is sick of ur pessimistic pooh, we may have come last nut we still thumped ur beloved sheedy bumbers in their so special do it for sheeds and golden boy game

u r one bitter dick

Elequont ain't he.

:cheers

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2007, 11:52:13 PM »
Schultz worth more ::)
Thats why the club finished on the bottom as we overate players, sorry Duds.!

Believe it or not young 22 year old key position players who can take a mark and kick a goal are a highly sort after commodity. Certainly more so than HBF receivers. ::)

Selection 28 in a well publicised weak draft is just as much of a gamble as retaining a talented yet underachieving KPP. Given the recent stats on that selection number's likely success, it's an even bigger risk.

It's rapidly running out for Jay but there is still time for him if he can:

a) Get the fitness required to play four quarters of football.
b) Wallace utilises him effectively up forward.
c) Our midfield begins to dominate.

All the talk about Hughes and Riewoldt being better options is completely unproven and pie in the sky stuff. Both whilst younger, look like third tall options to me and unlike Schulz IMO neither are capable of holding down a key position in the seniors at this stage although admitedly that may change in '08.

The club looked to trade Sarge and have sent a clear message.
He knows that this is his last chance at Richmond, if not the league and now knows exactly where he stands.

Also it has to be remembered that Schulz was contracted. We would have been paying his salary at Port for the next 12 months.

If he'd had been a success over there he would have left more egg on our faces than the Rodan situation.

IMO the club did the right thing in keeping him. Time will tell if that's correct.
I hope that they were.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #50 on: December 15, 2007, 01:15:48 AM »
Selection 28 in a well publicised weak draft is just as much of a gamble as retaining a talented yet underachieving KPP. Given the recent stats on that selection number's likely success, it's an even bigger risk.
True Magic. Cartledge for instance was pick 28 in a weak draft before being delisted by the Bombers and now picked up by us as a rookie.

Also it has to be remembered that Schulz was contracted. We would have been paying his salary at Port for the next 12 months.
I thought exisiting contracts are transferred to the new club unless the player's old club agrees to pay part of the salary to get the trade done (like we did with Daffy and Holland). 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: December 15, 2007, 01:37:56 AM »
I thought exisiting contracts are transferred to the new club unless the player's old club agrees to pay part of the salary to get the trade done (like we did with Daffy and Holland). 

Hmmm.. you could be correct MT.  :-\

Little Jackie

« Reply #52 on: December 15, 2007, 07:30:45 AM »

Hmmm.. you could be correct MT.  :-\

It is correct, but its up to the clubs to negotiate accordingly.If my memory is right, we paid $160,000 of Ben Hollands yearly contact of $400,000 when we moved him on to Melbourne

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »

very true what you have said, for me, for schulz to succeed he needs to work better with Richo. People often criticise Schulz for running for the balls Richo goes for, but never bother to think it might be the other way around. Richo ain't a natural footballer, he is a kelpie with a sh!tload of energy who goes everywhere.

if richo can be utilised, like he was for a few games between the 50 metre arcs, and schulz isolated in the forward line it is a win win for everyone. Schulz becomes the focus point and doesn't have to worry about Richo getting in his way. Richo plays the role he was born to as a target for defenders coming out of defence, plus we don't have to see him kick for goal as often :gotigers

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #54 on: December 15, 2007, 12:03:10 PM »

very true what you have said, for me, for schulz to succeed he needs to work better with Richo. People often criticise Schulz for running for the balls Richo goes for, but never bother to think it might be the other way around. Richo ain't a natural footballer, he is a kelpie with a sh!tload of energy who goes everywhere.

if richo can be utilised, like he was for a few games between the 50 metre arcs, and schulz isolated in the forward line it is a win win for everyone. Schulz becomes the focus point and doesn't have to worry about Richo getting in his way. Richo plays the role he was born to as a target for defenders coming out of defence, plus we don't have to see him kick for goal as often :gotigers

I competely agree Bluey.

Richo demands the ball and commands the forwardline often to the detrement of the reat of the forwards. So many times this year and last, I saw played kick it to a leading Schulz only to have Richo cut across and collide with Jay to spill the ball.

Richo is not selfish nor silly but he is single minded and completely focused in his role. This is why he struggles to work with other forwards and why we rarely block, screen and make space for each other down in this area. If Jay was given room to lead and more assistance with creating space he would be a great forward for us.

Richo is one of the best marks in the AFl and has an engine that puts some midfielders to shame even at 32. If these qualities were utilized off the HFF or wing what a link player would he be. This would better link our backline and forwardline also and take Richo out of the forwardline which would automatically create uncertainity in the defenders and force our midfielders to look for the best forward options rather than always just 'kick it to Richo'.

Players like Schulz, Jack, Hughes and now Gourdis and Putt should be taught how to work for each other, lead to different areas, create space and screen other forwards defenders without always having to having to compete with Richo. It is as much about creating uncertainity and confidence in the young forwards as it is about preparing for the future.

At the moment we have been shoring up our backline and midfield but our forward structure remains relatively unchanged. This is something we can improve.

Stripes

Ramps

« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2007, 01:02:40 PM »
We need to find the next big forward. I am disappointed in Hughes who I always hoped would come up, he needs to lose the softness and get moving, Riewoldt is only a 3rd forward and Schulz is a way off still. If we dont see one of these 3 come through next season then we have to be looking for a key forward from next years trade or draft period.

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2007, 08:00:28 PM »
We need to find the next big forward. I am disappointed in Hughes who I always hoped would come up.

Calm down old boy. Hughes was drafted in 2005 and was only in his 2nd season last year. It's not as if Dowler, Kennedy, Clark have done that much either. Ryder looks alright, but Hughes would have looked handy playing in the Polak role in a back pocket. The ball was down both Richmond and Essendons backline a fair bit last year. Hughes showed some good signs I thought. When we got raped against Geelong he was one of our better players and a target @ CHF, kicking 3 goals. Also was effective against WCE the weak before.

He is still only 20.

Reiwoldt just turned 19. He might develop into a 'proper' KPP.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2007, 10:25:32 PM »
Browny has been our only forward who consistently can team with Richo. He appears to be able to read Richo's mind when no one else can lol.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2007, 10:45:41 PM »
Browny has been our only forward who consistently can team with Richo. He appears to be able to read Richo's mind when no one else can lol.

Because Browny has footy smarts.
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Judge Roughneck

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Sir
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2007, 12:40:59 AM »

Because Browny has footy smarts.

Morton, Edwards, Connors, Collard and co. do also.  8)