Author Topic: Tigers off to Craigieburn  (Read 21859 times)

jackstar

Re: Tigers off to Craigieburn
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2008, 10:42:57 PM »
Coburg wont be Coburg if they are in Craigeburn
And I dont reckon the Moreland Council have done the right thing either, am only guessing though

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2008, 11:42:11 PM »
Without the RFC Coburg would've been dead long ago. The Moreland council appear from afar to be useless incompetent idiots. Basically done nothing to help redevelop Coburg City oval even after the fire  ???. I mean I have a mate who is vice-president of his local tennis club and he's been able to get a State Government grant towards upgrading the courts, water conservation etc. If a club volunteer with no experience is dealing with Government can score funding for his club then what have Moreland council been doing all these years for Coburg. Sweet bugger all by the sound of it. To me it says it all that out of the State Government money handed out this year, zip went to Coburg City Oval yet a few million went towards the Craigeburn development.     

It costs around $500k to have a stand alone side so I don't see the RFC doing that just from a cost perspective. Plus the affiliation with Coburg also ties us with Calder which is a bonus. Aren't Calder going to be playing at Craigieburn?
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
I did a google map search to see if there was any progress on the Craigieburn facility. I wonder if TFL or anyone else knows how it's going as this satelite image as is still pretty bare on the corner of Grand Blvd and Windrock Ave.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Craigieburn+Victoria&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.578035,144.931533&spn=0.004226,0.01031&t=h&z=17

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2008, 08:09:04 PM »
I did a google map search to see if there was any progress on the Craigieburn facility. I wonder if TFL or anyone else knows how it's going as this satelite image as is still pretty bare on the corner of Grand Blvd and Windrock Ave.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Craigieburn+Victoria&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.578035,144.931533&spn=0.004226,0.01031&t=h&z=17

I've got an update and it's not flash. I spoke to a burgers official at our bf and the council still haven't coughed up their dough. So therefore no movement at the station

Edit: fixed quote
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 04:34:11 AM by one-eyed »
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2008, 09:51:33 PM »

hey MT , those google images were taken last summer so currency is a little out of date...
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #81 on: October 02, 2008, 05:21:31 PM »
Construction of the ground is well underway.

I will take some photos in the next week of what has been done so that they can be posted on here.

The turf will be instant so once it is layed it will be ready a month or so after that.

:gotigers

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #82 on: October 02, 2008, 06:08:01 PM »

I will take some photos in the next week of what has been done so that they can be posted on here.

The turf will be instant so once it is layed it will be ready a month or so after that.

Photos would be great TFL, especially for those of us that are thousands of kms away  :)

It will be great having a dedicated training facility that is the same dimensions of the MCG.  Reckon this will help our gameplan no end on gameday.

Offline Hes My Hero

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #83 on: October 02, 2008, 06:31:37 PM »

Photos would be great TFL, especially for those of us that are thousands of kms away  :)

It will be great having a dedicated training facility that is the same dimensions of the MCG.  Reckon this will help our gameplan no end on gameday.

Also don't forget that in the plans is a re-model of Punt Rd to attain Telstra Dome dimensions.  :)

Offline Tiger Tragic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #84 on: October 02, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »

Also don't forget that in the plans is a re-model of Punt Rd to attain Telstra Dome dimensions.  :)

So we're putting a lid on Punt Road  :lol

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #85 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:25 PM »
LOL TT. All we then need to do is add 50k seats and we'll have our own Tiger Dome.

hey MT , those google images were taken last summer so currency is a little out of date...
Ta bj and welcome to OER  :).

Looking forward to seeing the photos TFL :cheers. Hopefully more to see than a hole in the ground.

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #86 on: October 02, 2008, 10:57:25 PM »
LOL TT. All we then need to do is add 50k seats and we'll have our own Tiger Dome.

Ta bj and welcome to OER  :).

Looking forward to seeing the photos TFL :cheers. Hopefully more to see than a hole in the ground.

no worries MT, a great forum here, well done
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2008, 07:57:38 PM »
Any updates from those who live nearby on how the Craigieburn facility is going?

March mentioned last week the Punt Rd development and the Indigenous centre should be completed by around mid-2010 but I didn't hear him say anything about Craigieburn.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Craigieburn RFC facility update with pics
« Reply #88 on: November 29, 2008, 12:05:16 AM »
Many thanks to 'Tigers For Life' for the latest info and getting the pics  :cheers  :bow  :thumbsup

The following pics are of the main oval. He doesn't think the second oval has been started yet. From the turf side of things it is a fantastic job that is being done according to a turf expert he knows. Apparently no expense is being spared and the ground will be top class.

At this stage it is thought the ground will be ready for use in March some time.

« Last Edit: November 29, 2008, 04:46:01 AM by one-eyed »

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Re: Craigieburn facility update with pics
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2008, 12:19:17 AM »