Author Topic: Tigers off to Craigieburn  (Read 21872 times)

Offline sabartooth

• Big Griff's Official Mentor !
  • Jack Dyer medallist
Re: Tigers off to Craigieburn
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2007, 12:03:05 AM »
why cant they send st.duds up north and bring the mighty tigers to frankston. look what they did to moorabin (tip rats) :help
2 years into a 35 year plan

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2007, 05:17:27 AM »
The club needs to buy melways for the players lol, saw that the 2 players who went arrived late lol.
Buy a Melways for supporters too. Where exactly is it in Craigieburn?

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers set up northern base (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2007, 05:19:25 AM »
Tigers set up northern base
01 December 2007   Herald Sun
Gareth Trickey

THE Tigers are moving north to Craigieburn.

Richmond yesterday announced a commitment to support a $10 million recreational facility at Craigieburn's Highlands community, 27km north of Melbourne's CBD.

The project includes a large ground with grandstand, a smaller secondary oval and a rectangular multi-purpose playing field.

Richmond will not fund the project, but has agreed to train at the proposed ground "regularly" during the pre-season and "periodically" during the competition season.

The main oval will also host Richmond intra-club practice matches, VFL games and community football clinics from November 2008.

The announcement comes just six weeks after Richmond unveiled plans for a multi-million-dollar redevelopment of Punt Rd Oval.

Tiger coach Terry Wallace said the club would maintain its player facilities at Punt Rd, despite the new commitment to Craigieburn.

He said the proposed oval at Craigieburn would provide his players with a suitable and safe playing surface during the summer months.

"We've always had the problem of cricket on Punt Rd and that goes right throughout the year," Wallace said.

"We had problems last year where, I think, certainly two or three players we lost in the pre-season period.

"Nathan Brown had a stress fracture and we had Troy Simmonds, who had a stress fracture, and Kent Kingsley, who was playing at the club at that stage, was injured as well.

"I think all those were stress-related injuries because we were on facilities that weren't up to standard."

Richmond's new home away from home is expected to strengthen the Tigers' support base in the expanding northern suburbs of Melbourne.

Wallace said the club's ties with Craigieburn would help protect it from suffering a similar fate to that of the Kangaroos. "You see St Kilda, who have announced they're moving down to Frankston. Hawthorn have got that area out in the eastern suburbs really to themselves," he said.

"I suppose the Kangaroos can't move west because the Bulldogs are there, they can't move north because Essendon are there, and we just can't afford to be in that situation ourselves."

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22850957%255E20322,00.html

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Tigers unveil new habitat (The Age)
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2007, 05:22:04 AM »
Tigers unveil new habitat
Miki Perkins | December 1, 2007 | The Age

AS COWS grazed in a nearby field and the sun baked the pink roofs of new houses nearby, Richmond unveiled plans for a $10 million second home in the outer-northern Melbourne suburb of Craigieburn.

Together with the AFL, Hume City Council and Stockland property developers, the Tigers will support the construction of the multi-purpose recreation centre that boasts an MCG-sized playing field, two additional sporting fields, a grandstand and meeting rooms.

A presence in Craigieburn, where new housing estates have engulfed old farm land, will help boost support for the Tigers in one of the state's biggest growth corridors.

Tigers chief executive Steve Wright said the move reflected the changing nature of society.

"In the old days, it was mum and dad and three kids living in a little cottage in Richmond — that's all changed," he said.

Wright said Richmond would not fund the $10 million development but would provide support through partners and conduct activities at the site that would generate revenue in the community.

http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/news/tigers-unveil-new-habitat/2007/11/30/1196394624136.html

Re: Tigers set up northern base (Herald-Sun)
« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2007, 05:56:16 AM »
Tigers set up northern base
01 December 2007   Herald Sun
Gareth Trickey

THE Tigers are moving north...

The main oval will also host Richmond intra-club practice matches, VFL games and community football clinics from November 2008.

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/footy/common/story_page/0,8033,22850957%255E20322,00.html

Is Coburg moving as well?

???

« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2007, 06:05:15 AM »

If you loook at the plans...

http://richmondfc.com.au/Portals/0/tigers_docs/DP10%20masterplan%2001%2010%2007.pdf

...there is a school planned for right next door.

That's it I'm putting in for a transfer.

:cheers

Offline TFL

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2007, 07:51:21 AM »
With the location of the new ground, you could drive from the city all the way there and only go through one set of traffic lights.

If anyone knows the new Craigieburn bypass well thats what you need to take all the way to the Amaroo Road exit and then you are basically there.

Just head straight across the Hume Hwy and onto Grand Blvd. When you cant go any further, you are there. :thumbsup

Passionfruit

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2007, 08:25:40 AM »

If you loook at the plans...

http://richmondfc.com.au/Portals/0/tigers_docs/DP10%20masterplan%2001%2010%2007.pdf

...there is a school planned for right next door.

That's it I'm putting in for a transfer.

:cheers

Would stay at the school your at I reckon

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 08:27:01 AM »

Why?

It looks like plans for a new school?

Passionfruit

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 08:49:11 AM »
Better off where you are

« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 09:02:40 AM »
Better off where you are

The extra travel would probably wear me down anyway.

Have you got a new job for next year or are the rumours wrong?

:shh

Passionfruit

« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 09:11:03 AM »
I would be worried about the clientel you have too teach, lol
Answer is yes.

« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »
I would be worried about the clientel you have too teach, lol
Answer is yes.

Craigieburn was all farms when I went to school (back in the sixties) out that way.

Must wander out for a look once the new ground is built.

and I have taught in similar areas before so the clientele wouldn't worry me.

Kids are kids anywhere and the harder the upbringing the more they appreciate teachers who care and are prepared to put the effort in.

8)

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2007, 03:45:17 PM »
Steven Wright was on 3aw today saying we've been looking at a new training venue since Plough came on board as coach. The Craigieburn option came up 6 months ago. Local clubs will use it during the footy season as we'll still be using Punt Rd mostly. It's mainly for summer and to give us a MCG size ground to train and play practice matches on.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2007, 06:56:28 PM »
With the location of the new ground, you could drive from the city all the way there and only go through one set of traffic lights.

If anyone knows the new Craigieburn bypass well thats what you need to take all the way to the Amaroo Road exit and then you are basically there.

Just head straight across the Hume Hwy and onto Grand Blvd. When you cant go any further, you are there. :thumbsup
So it's around here on the google map TA?

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&time=&date=&ttype=&q=Craigieburn+victoria&ie=UTF8&ll=-37.580399,144.931083&spn=0.014829,0.025492&t=h&z=15&om=0
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd