Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 238651 times)

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1155 on: July 22, 2013, 07:06:42 AM »
BOG yesterday, fantastic game

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1156 on: July 22, 2013, 09:02:07 AM »
If that wasn't his best game for the club it was pretty close

Didn't put a foot wrong

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #1157 on: July 22, 2013, 10:04:46 AM »
baaaaa baaaaaa

u ever watched midnight express... maybe u.should

Hahaha, username, shame, shame, shame, stuff me, Rance has shown you up to be the typical fool that you are.. :clapping
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 11:53:09 AM by WilliamPowell »
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Offline tigs2011

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1158 on: July 22, 2013, 10:42:34 AM »
 :lol

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1159 on: July 22, 2013, 01:24:20 PM »
One of Robbo's likes today in the Herald-Sun:

2. Chaplin & Rance

Sounds like a vaudeville duo, but far from it. Terry Wallace predicted Rance would go to Mayne, leaving Chaplin for Hannath/Clarke/Silvagni, and those two were pivotal to success. Cotchin was back, (34 touches, six tackles, six clearances), so was Maric, but it was Rance who really stamped himself on the game. You can close your eyes sometimes when he has the ball, but 30 touches (83 per cent efficiency) and 16 marks across half-back has to equal best afield. On Saturday, spoke to Wallace about the days Rance would make mistake after mistake, and how Wallace would still keep playing him. He's paying the Tigers back.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-captain-gary-ablett-moving-out-of-his-fathers-shadow/story-fnelctok-1226682796976

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1160 on: July 22, 2013, 03:03:27 PM »
One of Robbo's likes today in the Herald-Sun:

2. Chaplin & Rance

Sounds like a vaudeville duo, but far from it. Terry Wallace predicted Rance would go to Mayne, leaving Chaplin for Hannath/Clarke/Silvagni, and those two were pivotal to success. Cotchin was back, (34 touches, six tackles, six clearances), so was Maric, but it was Rance who really stamped himself on the game. You can close your eyes sometimes when he has the ball, but 30 touches (83 per cent efficiency) and 16 marks across half-back has to equal best afield. On Saturday, spoke to Wallace about the days Rance would make mistake after mistake, and how Wallace would still keep playing him. He's paying the Tigers back.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gold-coast-captain-gary-ablett-moving-out-of-his-fathers-shadow/story-fnelctok-1226682796976

Yes Robbo - he's good form can all be attributed to Plough  ::)

Best game I can remember seeing for 'Superman'. Seems to be a marking machine now he can more confidence that if he misses it Chaplin will back him up.  :thumbsup

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1161 on: July 22, 2013, 03:33:23 PM »
Yes Robbo - he's good form can all be attributed to Plough  ::)

Don't think that was the point he was trying to make Stripes. Dont think Plough was any taking credit either

Just think it was a straight forward observation made by Robbo of how we are now reaping the benefits of getting game time into the kid at young age despite the truck load of mistakes he use to make. Because at that time people (media and forum posters  ;D) were calling for him to be dropped or even de-listed because they said he wasn't going to make it.

Nothing more nothing less IMV

Offline Stripes

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1162 on: July 22, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
You don't listen to Crunchtime then WP. Robbo frequently tries to attribute Tigers success to Plough while Wallace humbly declines. I'm sure the amount of games the club got into Rance has helped his performance now days but I would credit more Leppitch's coaching and giving him the confidence of remaining in the same role he had been recruited for even more important.

Wallace gave Tambling plenty of games too.... :whistle

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1163 on: July 22, 2013, 04:12:45 PM »
You don't listen to Crunchtime then WP. Robbo frequently tries to attribute Tigers success to Plough while Wallace humbly declines. I'm sure the amount of games the club got into Rance has helped his performance now days but I would credit more Leppitch's coaching and giving him the confidence of remaining in the same role he had been recruited for even more important.

Wallace gave Tambling plenty of games too.... :whistle

I actually do listen to Crunchtime most weeks Stripes. I can say I have never really noticed him "frequently" trying "to attribute Tigers success to Plough while Wallace humbly declines". He talks up his mates and all journo's are guilty of that.

While Robbo likes to try and big note his views and pump up his tyres on things I take most of it with a grain of salt and strip it back to basics.

Robbo gets hyper on the wireless like he does nearly ever night on 360, you have to take the bluff and bluster out (that's what I do anyway) and then listen to his comments and determine whether they are worthwhile. His points (and yes sometimes he does have them if only once & awhile ;D) get lost amongst his bluff and bluster

But it can go the other way too. Have you ever heard Robbo whack Eade for the mess he left the Doggies list in by not playing the kids? Answer is NO and that's because the he's mates with Eade. But he's had no hesitation in whacking Ross Lyon and list mess he left at St Kilda - blustering Robbo picks his marks

Although I agree with you about who should be getting the bulk of the credit with Rance and his improvement putting game time into kids is invaluable early in their careers. It certainly was with Rance and his improvement so on that Robbo makes a reasonable point even if over the top to some.

But I will counter the invaluable arguement by saying that while it clearly works for some but obviously doens't for others  ;)

tony_montana

« Reply #1164 on: July 22, 2013, 04:13:48 PM »
As usual blobbo like most journos takes half truths and sells it as fact..

Was drafted to be a birchall type in actual fact. His junior football he played as an attacking HBF, not a KP. Was regarded as a good reader of play and could break lines with his run (not his kicking)

Was noted early on his disposal was never going to be up to scratch to be a release  distributor out of defence at afl level. Was never played as a KPD type by Wallace, always as an attacking HBF.

Was moved forward as a last gasp effort to save his career. Almost went to the hawks, thankfully when Dimma got stuck into things he earmarked Rance as a KPD. But his body work was so poor(he really had nfi) he had to be trained from scratch on how to play body on body. His improvement in his one on one work (whilst still below par) is a massive improvement on what it was. If he keeps working on his core strength, in a few years he'll be pretty bloody good imo.

Rampstar

« Reply #1165 on: July 22, 2013, 08:19:47 PM »
Will he be as good as Mopsy Fraser  :cheers

Offline YellowandBlackBlood

• Long suffering….
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1166 on: July 22, 2013, 10:24:40 PM »
Will he be as good as Mopsy Fraser  :cheers
No way.
Mopsy never let any body stand in his way!
OER. Calling it as it is since 2004.

the claw

« Reply #1167 on: July 22, 2013, 10:43:03 PM »
im gunna be the odd man out here and happy to be it. but i question the talk that rance has actually improved in key areas that key defenders just have to be really good in.
hes ordinary and while we have so few decent reasonable kpds he is needed,  but i have no doubt we need to aim for better if we wish to win premierships.we talk about value adding well alex is one id love to value add on,.
the trouble in having alex is the powers that be will continue to fail to add to the key defensive mess that  we have.
i firmly believe we need to taget at least one GENUINE KPD  either junior or mature. same goes for kpf and ruck.

TigerTimeII

« Reply #1168 on: July 22, 2013, 10:50:59 PM »
baaaaa baaaaaa

Hahaha, username, shame, shame, shame, stuff me, Rance has shown you up to be the typical fool that you are.. :clapping
he didn't show me up and I acknowledged his game... but it's one game
lets see if he can back it up each week
he is listening to me and finally keeping it simple
he is very lucky Chaplin is there now

now go watch midnight express ...

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1169 on: July 23, 2013, 03:53:38 PM »

why