Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 238637 times)

Offline Willy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • All up inside ya.
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #1185 on: July 25, 2013, 02:15:34 PM »
Jones kicked three and one was an ABSOLUTE gift from Houli who put it on his chest under no pressure.
Rance is not the best stopper in the game but he is solid and still improving. In short, he does not need replacing.

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1186 on: July 25, 2013, 03:38:56 PM »
Goals, marks, and whether or not the forward can still influence the contest even if he's not hitting the scoreboard eg Fat Dawes playing a valuable role at times for Melbourne even if he only kicks 2 or less. Bojangles thinks the disposal count is the most important thing for a full back, I think it's stopping your opponent from having a big influence on the game. No point getting 20 touches if you're opponent kicks 7. Rance has been racking decent numbers of late as well as doing a decent job on his opponent (sometimes his opponent is grass which helps ;D). Not sure I agree with Cloke being the only player to have beaten him though.

Cloke is probably the only one to flog him, but I agree there are more that have got the better of him. Agree with most of that except marks. Depends where they are, if Rance makes his man take marks 50 out on the boundary line his won IMO

gerkin greg

« Reply #1187 on: July 25, 2013, 03:42:21 PM »
the only defenders that don't get goals kicked on them are the ones sitting in the stands

Offline Coach

• Hardly A Prude
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Depend on Schulzy
« Reply #1188 on: July 25, 2013, 03:45:01 PM »
A mate keeps telling me Darren Glass has never had more than 2 kicked on him. I say surely not? But he insists. It can't be? My mate is smart, sexy and wise but is that enough?

gerkin greg

« Reply #1189 on: July 25, 2013, 03:59:37 PM »
Glass is too much of a leader for that to happen, he instructs someone else to take his man.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #1190 on: July 25, 2013, 05:14:22 PM »
Hardwick is confident his backline, led by Alex Rance, can restrict Sydney to a losing score.

"He certainly has some Alex Rance moments every now and then which makes me pull my hair out," Hardwick said.

"But he's a quality player. He wins the ball back (with intercepts and spoils in defence).

"We rate him very, very highly."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-club-wont-overpay-big-guns-as-it-may-have-done-in-past/story-fndv8t7m-1226685012330

Online Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1191 on: July 25, 2013, 05:20:29 PM »
Glass is too much of a leader for that to happen, he instructs someone else to take his man.

The Dustin Feltcher of the Eagles without the kicking ability
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1192 on: July 25, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »
Hardwick is confident his backline, led by Alex Rance, can restrict Sydney to a losing score.

"He certainly has some Alex Rance moments every now and then which makes me pull my hair out," Hardwick said.

"But he's a quality player. He wins the ball back (with intercepts and spoils in defence).

"We rate him very, very highly."

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/richmond-coach-damien-hardwick-says-club-wont-overpay-big-guns-as-it-may-have-done-in-past/story-fndv8t7m-1226685012330
It really doesn't matter what a few armchair critics think about Rance. They can bang on all they like about one game or another, how many marks someone had, or other teams backman. The fact is the senior coach of our club thinks he is a quality player and rates him very, very highly.  :clapping

Gigantor

« Reply #1193 on: July 25, 2013, 06:36:00 PM »
I rate Alex very highly.he is our best defender by a mile,given grimesy cant stay on the park.
He makes the odd mistake and clanger,but who doesn't.At the other end of the ground,jack makes far more clangers than Alex yet he is regarded as one of the leagues best full forwards

Offline Yeahright

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1194 on: July 26, 2013, 12:46:46 AM »
Jack makes far more clangers :huh :huh

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1195 on: July 26, 2013, 05:58:11 AM »
I rate Alex very highly.he is our best defender by a mile,given grimesy cant stay on the park.
He makes the odd mistake and clanger,but who doesn't.At the other end of the ground,jack makes far more clangers than Alex yet he is regarded as one of the leagues best full forwards

Any stats to back that up

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1196 on: July 26, 2013, 09:32:44 AM »
are missed, gettable goals regarded as clangers?
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Offline Chuck17

• The Shaun Grugg of OER
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1197 on: July 26, 2013, 01:27:50 PM »
What about a sook up, is that a clanger?

Offline Penelope

• Internet nuffer and sooky jellyfish
  • RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #1198 on: July 26, 2013, 01:33:40 PM »
 :rollin
“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways my ways,” says the Lord.

“For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are my ways higher than your ways,
And my thoughts than your thoughts."

Yahweh? or the great Clawski?

yaw rehto eht dellorcs ti fi daer ot reisae eb dluow tI

Gigantor

« Reply #1199 on: July 26, 2013, 06:00:37 PM »
Nope I have no stats just a great appreciation and understanding of our great game ;D