Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 206837 times)

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
Re: Pick 18 - Alex Rance
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2007, 03:30:33 PM »
After looking at Rance's video on the RFC website, I got a massive Chub!  :thumbsup This kid is like a backline version of Jonathan Brown. He dishes off to a team mate and then continues on to receive the next pass on many occasions. Big and quick! At full steam he would frighten the begeezus out of anyone in his path.  :o

I'm going to enjoy watching this kid play for us!!  :clapping :thumbsup :thumbsup

Ramps

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2007, 03:37:23 PM »
can anybody see the highlights coz i tried to download them but they wont come up, mind you im not with Telstra. If someone can convert them on youtube that would be good.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2007, 04:19:58 PM »
can anybody see the highlights coz i tried to download them but they wont come up, mind you im not with Telstra. If someone can convert them on youtube that would be good.

I can see them, you have to watch an advertisement first, but then they start after that.

I have no idea how to convert them though. Sorry  :-\
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline tiga

• Exhaling Carbon in the
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Yes Hampson has taken a mark!
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2007, 05:48:08 PM »
Me too Ramps. I'm not a Bogpond member yet I can see them no troubles. Make sure you are using IE 6 or later with flash player installed.  :thumbsup

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2007, 06:47:49 PM »
Rance is apparently flying into Melbourne tonight and will join in his first training session on Wednesday.

Correct MT

He is supposed to the at the Club80 function tomorrow night, along with Putt and some kid called Cotchin ;D
Be nice to our future premiership midfielder, FB/CHB and ruck/forward  ;D

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2007, 06:54:46 PM »
192.3cm is Rance's height for those that asked:

From the RFC email:

ALEX RANCE: Draft pick No 18

Recruited from: Swan Districts
Born: 9/10/1989
Height: 192.3cm
Weight: 87.6kg

Strong, hard-running, tall defender, noted for his dash out of the backline. His father, Murray, played 97 matches with the Western Bulldogs and West Coast from 1986-1990.  Alex spent the majority of the '07 season with Swan Districts Colts, but made an impressive senior WAFL debut in Round 10, gathering 22 possessions and taking eight marks against Perth.  Was a standout for WA at the 2007 under-18 championships, leading the team in rebound 50s, averaging 17 possessions per game, and being rewarded with All-Australian honors. Rated as the best pure full-back in junior ranks Australia-wide.  Is excellent overhead and can hold his own in a one-on-one contest.

richmondrules

New Tigers in focus: Alex Rance (AFL)
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2007, 10:44:21 AM »
New Tigers in focus: Alex Rance

RICHMOND'S largely unexpected bonus from the 2007 NAB AFL Draft in Alex Rance is excited by the club’s bright future and looking forward to being a part of it – despite it taking longer than many thought to find his home.

Rance, tipped by many to be a top-10 pick in this year’s national draft, was selected by the Tigers with pick 18.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=6301&newsId=54023

And a dodgy BigPond Video

http://bigpondvideo.com/afl/42722

Ramps

Re: New Tigers in focus: Alex Rance (AFL)
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2007, 11:13:17 AM »
Its good to see a kid be humble and just wanting to get his chance. Rance will be a good player if hes attitude is anything to go by.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: New Tigers in focus: Alex Rance (AFL)
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2007, 01:41:24 PM »
Good on him. Seems very level-headed and focussed on getting the best out of himself which is good to hear. A bonus to have his folks move over to Melbourne.

On-field he showed at training today he's bloody quick of the mark too  :thumbsup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Will Alex Rance debut?
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2008, 05:17:34 PM »
Thoughts?

Rawlings' comment in EOTT:
Alex Rance

Among the best three players on the ground. Showed he was versatile enough to play on taller and smaller opponents. Had 35 possessions and five tackles in a top-class display. His improvement over the past month has been profound.

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
Re: Will Alex Rance debut?
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2008, 05:19:35 PM »
I hope so, I don't know who he'd defend though, do Melbourne have any forwards left?
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2008, 05:29:00 PM »
Must play. Get 8-11 games into him and get him conditioned to the pace of AFL footy regardless of what happens. Will only improve him as a player and help the club long term. Will make him hungry come next pre season getting a big tast of the big time. If we play the kids like Rance and go we should not worry about results and worry about nurturing these kids and getting as many games and as much game time into them as possible as a long term solution. That way we can see whether these kids can cut it rather than wallowing and wasting away at Coburg and Coburg ressies.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:36 PM »
It would be terrific if he did and I hope he does although I hope supporters expectations are over the top for a 18 y.o. first year tall.

HF: Jace Bode, James Frawley, Clint Bartram
F: Paul Johnson, Brad Miller, Austin Wonaeamirri

3 tall forwards if Melbourne line up like that. I've got a feeling the 3rd tall defender spot will be b/w Rance and JON.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2008, 07:21:46 PM »
It's that kid Woneaemirri that we have to look out for. Have we got someone who can shut him down - pace wise
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2008, 03:48:03 AM »
Emma Quayle's reason for Rance slipping down to pick 18 last year..[/i]

"like Alex Rance last year - a lot of clubs really liked him, but just seemed to have someone else a little bit ahead, hence he slipped through to Richmond at No.18."

http://blogs.theage.com.au/realfooty/archives/2008/11/emma_quayles_to.html