Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 207342 times)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2009, 09:12:42 PM »
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 01:52:29 PM »
Rance to build on debut
richmondfc.com.au
10:13 AM Thu 09 April, 2009

Richmond first-gamer Alex Rance spoke exclusively to Roar Vision this week about his debut for the Tigers against Geelong in round two.

Alex Rance video interview - http://bigpondvideo.com/AFL/119802

The 19-year-old collected 18 possessions and six marks in his first outing for the Club, playing across half back.

“It was another step up again. The bodies were a lot bigger, people were a lot faster and definitely the turnovers will kill you,” Rance said.

“But it was a good experience to play out there, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.”

“It’s not a bad start to my career, but there are always areas to improve on. It’s a step in the right direction.”

Rance was close to senior selection in 2008 – his first year at the club – when he was named emergency on several occasions.

His impressive performances playing for Coburg in the VFL led to his opportunity in the senior outfit throughout the 2009 NAB Cup, where he proved at home on the big stage.

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/74663/default.aspx

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #47 on: April 09, 2009, 05:39:13 PM »
Alex speaks very well for a 19 year old. Good to see and hear a young Tiger with such self-confidence  :thumbsup.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2009, 10:14:13 AM »
Loved his work rate and intensity. 8)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2009, 05:07:58 AM »
Rance made one bad blue but a rare positive from yesterday as Robbo says in today's Herald-Sun....

Pleasing was Alex Rance, who in his second game, is still a little sloppy with the pill, but the same cannot be said of his attitude.

He started back yesterday, and finished in the middle and attacks as if his career hangs on every contest.

The Tigers have one here.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/afl/story/0,26576,25330592-19742,00.html

Ramps

« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2009, 09:58:21 AM »
Should be played on a wing.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2009, 02:57:02 PM »
He is the only positive thus far from the first 3 games for me.
Really like this kid.
I also think we should let him settle in down back first before we go and try to make something different out of him. If nothing else he should see plenty of the footy back there!  :thumbsup

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #52 on: April 14, 2009, 04:27:54 PM »
Should be played on a wing.

yep, he could play bthe richo role and richo can play hff or ff, prob ff

Ramps

« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2009, 05:59:36 AM »
Fantastic attack on the footy, gives well with handballs, but his kicking is a concern, In defence, that can be a problem- in time I think he could sort it out, but for now, Id like to see him on the wing, or even given a try at Full Forward. Hes big enough, hes tall enough and he seems to have enough run in him. A try at Full Forward may not be bad at all at this stage- what do others think?

Offline the_boy_jake

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #54 on: April 26, 2009, 07:21:10 AM »
See what you are saying Ramps, but he's finding out that he's up to the standard and getting a lot of footy across half-back. I'd rather see him continue to grow in a single role than to see him shuffled around like Deledio was.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2009, 01:37:05 AM »
I agree with Jake. Give Alex a single role as he has now and let him focus and learn it well as he develops. Still very early days for him.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2009, 08:07:24 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if his kicking is the result of Richo Syndrome, i.e. running your ass off and being exhausted. Even tried to do anything perfectly when gasping for air? It's not easy.
I'm sure as he gets fitter at AFL level his disposal will get better, not to mention he will get more used to the pace of the game and he will become more composed.

Offline TigerTime

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #57 on: April 27, 2009, 08:19:05 AM »
all about confidence, as soon as rance becomes settled, his kicking will be better as he wont be as nervous

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2009, 09:08:09 AM »
Fantastic attack on the footy, gives well with handballs, but his kicking is a concern, In defence, that can be a problem- in time I think he could sort it out, but for now, Id like to see him on the wing, or even given a try at Full Forward. Hes big enough, hes tall enough and he seems to have enough run in him. A try at Full Forward may not be bad at all at this stage- what do others think?

wing perhaps, although I though he was having a dip in the midfield...FF, looks nothing like one...doesnt present as an overly strong mark...and a questionable kick...not sure that is the package for a decent FF ::)
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Online FooffooValve

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2009, 11:33:43 AM »
Yeah, that's right, a young player shows a glimpse of something, so let's move him around until he loses form and confidence, and then drop him.