Author Topic: Alex Rance [merged]  (Read 210584 times)

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Alex Rance [merged]
« Reply #2745 on: November 11, 2021, 09:29:02 AM »
I just don’t understand why supporters think that our clubs owns the rights of all their players futures.
For some reason, it seems to outrage Richmond fans more than others.
It also doesn’t really matter.
Hawks lost Buddy, Cats lost Gaz Jnr - still won flags
On the flip, Danger, JC moved to Cats and where has that messiah complex landed them?
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2746 on: November 11, 2021, 12:25:06 PM »
Meh....almost worth it just to see the hilarious back flips from all the Bumbler flogs who slagged him of for years...especially if he starts outplaying Hurley... :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Diocletian

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Proud Gang of Four member #albomustgo
« Reply #2747 on: November 11, 2021, 12:48:49 PM »
*when  :shh :shh
"Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good...."

- Thomas Sowell

FJ is the only one that makes sense.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2748 on: November 11, 2021, 02:59:58 PM »
I just don’t understand why supporters think that our clubs owns the rights of all their players futures.
For some reason, it seems to outrage Richmond fans more than others.
It also doesn’t really matter.
Hawks lost Buddy, Cats lost Gaz Jnr - still won flags
On the flip, Danger, JC moved to Cats and where has that messiah complex landed them?

I don't think we own him etc.

I love the bloke, will just make me I'll seeing him pull on a drug cheating jumper. The romanticist in me would prefer a legend like that just stayed a one club player.

Offline Hard Roar Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2749 on: November 11, 2021, 03:16:25 PM »
Fair enough. Agree with that. Just may not happen.
“I find it nearly impossible to make those judgments, but he is certainly up there with the really important ones, he is certainly up there with the Francis Bourkes and the Royce Harts and the Kevin Bartlett and the Kevin Sheedys, there is no doubt about that,” Balme said.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2750 on: November 11, 2021, 05:15:43 PM »
Damian Barrett's view of why Rance retired in 2019:

Once Rance got his knee right he was privately pushing to make a comeback in the last 3-4 weeks of 2019. The club made the right decision for the club and Rance himself to leave him out. That didn't go down well. He's a proud person and felt he was a central to what they were doing to that point during that successful era.

It then went beyond that into the preseason readying for 2020. The decision on Rance was made by himself in conjunction with the Club that he would not be apart of Richmond's 2020 season back in late 2019. It got quite heady in terms of the conversations around that. It was complicated times. Based on what Barrett said he was told, Rance wasn't the easiest person to deal with. He's all team but there's an element of his way to being all team. He's high maintainence. It's not a criticism; it's just the way he's wired. He's all in on everything he does. It got to a point where Damien Hardwick said we've got to deal with this before it becomes an issue for us to deal with. It's the reason why the decision was made before the end of the 2019 calendar year and 2020 was "clean" from that perspective. 

Listen from 3 min mark: https://www.afl.com.au/news/687141/afl-daily-podcast-listen-sack-the-unvaxxed-i-would-fully-respect-the-clubs-decision

Online Tiger Khosh

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #2751 on: November 11, 2021, 07:53:38 PM »
Sounds like a massive bunch of made up garbage.

Offline lamington

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2752 on: November 12, 2021, 11:37:32 PM »
On the dyl and friends podcast Rance said he was offered the opportunity to play on grand final but said if his knee gave out and they lost he could never forgive himself so he opted not to despite feeling good

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2753 on: November 29, 2021, 10:34:09 PM »

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2754 on: November 30, 2021, 07:51:09 AM »
Bloody hell.

Shredded like he's played half a season already, as usual.

Online one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
« Reply #2755 on: February 03, 2022, 01:33:55 PM »
Damain Barrett: 'I still have a belief that we're going to see Alex Rance in an AFL game again'

https://www.afl.com.au/news/700736/listen-why-damo-believes-this-retired-star-will-play-afl-again

Online the claw

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2756 on: February 05, 2022, 08:49:46 PM »
Alex may well play again who knows i really don't care either way. For us its now all about establishing players like Gibcus, Balta, Nyuon, and Miller in preparation for the next sustained  finals assault. in 5 of even longer years time.

I find it funny that people are serious about us just rejigging and challenging again in two or three years time.

When we have for certain the next crop of ELITE players in place then we can talk about it yet even ELITE players need to be developed.

We have a last roll f the dice while Riewoldt, Lynch Cotchin Martin Prestia  Edwards are on their last legs we dont have that quality coming thru imo.

Offline georgies31

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2757 on: February 06, 2022, 12:05:28 PM »
Alex may well play again who knows i really don't care either way. For us its now all about establishing players like Gibcus, Balta, Nyuon, and Miller in preparation for the next sustained  finals assault. in 5 of even longer years time.

I find it funny that people are serious about us just rejigging and challenging again in two or three years time.

When we have for certain the next crop of ELITE players in place then we can talk about it yet even ELITE players need to be developed.

We have a last roll f the dice while Riewoldt, Lynch Cotchin Martin Prestia  Edwards are on their last legs we dont have that quality coming thru imo.

Claw if you know your football those players don't come around to often. We did our due with this team 3 flags in 4 years back to back you stating the obvious about rejuvenation.

Offline Rampsation

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2758 on: February 06, 2022, 01:21:39 PM »
We need to focus on midfielders at the next draft and target a key forward through free agency.

Offline Andyy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #2759 on: February 07, 2022, 07:17:17 AM »
We need to focus on midfielders at the next draft and target a key forward through free agency.

I thought this should have been our goal last craft Ramps haha.

Oh well we've had our moment. I suspect we will be middling this year.