Author Topic: David Gourdis [merged]  (Read 17656 times)

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
David Gourdis [merged]
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2009, 11:04:23 PM »
Anyone want to offer up an opinion on this young fella?

I hear he is quick and has nice size.

The knock is on his kicking.

Anyone have anything to add here?

Is he a show to play FF because its starting to look like we'll play one short and leave the goal square empty in 2010!!!
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gourdis?
« Reply #91 on: October 10, 2009, 12:48:53 AM »
IMO Goo will be very lucky to survive past the first list lodgement at the end of this month. His kicking is a major deficiency especially when kicking over 30m as his technique is dodgy and unreliable. It will go against him. A shame as yep he is a good size for a KPP, solid as a brickhouse and as you said Y&B he's very quick for his size.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2009, 01:19:13 AM »
We're short on KPPs.  Surely we won't get rid of him.

Offline tigerlily

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2009, 02:56:20 AM »
From a Richmond official at the B@F nite regarding the rookies....(unofficial of course).
Gourdis.....already signed for 2010 (is highly regarded) that gives us hope for something different in forwardline.
Nahas.......will be promoted (had a top year, no brainer).
Browne.....signed for 2010 and 75% chance to be promoted (prob means the end for Patto) can't see us having 6 senior listed rucks
Gilligan......75% chance to be resigned (is a bit different) Hope that's in a good way

Offline yellowandback

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2009, 07:31:40 AM »
IMO Goo will be very lucky to survive past the first list lodgement at the end of this month. His kicking is a major deficiency especially when kicking over 30m as his technique is dodgy and unreliable. It will go against him. A shame as yep he is a good size for a KPP, solid as a brickhouse and as you said Y&B he's very quick for his size.

I'd be a little surprised if we got rid of him. Already Schultz, Hughes, Patto are gone so a 4th tall would take our balance of talls back to the dark old day of '04-'06.

Having said that, how crap are the talls on our list?

Particularly given that we did have 3 delisted this year who were all Top 25 picks.
It's that simple Spud
"I discussed (it) with my three daughters, my wife and my 82-year-old mum, because it has really affected me … If those comments … were made about one of my daughters, it would make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. I would not have liked it at all.”

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2009, 08:23:16 AM »
From a Richmond official at the B@F nite regarding the rookies....(unofficial of course).
Gourdis.....already signed for 2010 (is highly regarded) that gives us hope for something different in forwardline.
Nahas.......will be promoted (had a top year, no brainer).
Browne.....signed for 2010 and 75% chance to be promoted (prob means the end for Patto) can't see us having 6 senior listed rucks
Gilligan......75% chance to be resigned (is a bit different) Hope that's in a good way

Hmmm I wonder if some tiger Offiicials actually know what's going on ....  ;D (should I drop in one these  ;) at this point ;D )

Personally I would let Gourdis go - don't know holds him high regard? From what I saw this year, didn't show enough improvment and there in lies the problem...

I would let him go
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline bojangles17

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Platinum member 33 years
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2009, 10:18:51 AM »

could the same thing be said of Butcher :o
RFC 1885, Often Imitated, Never Equalled

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2009, 11:25:13 AM »
Had a very injury interupted year this year
I really hope we keep him on, he's exactly the type of player the rookie list is for
He hasn't even had a good coach yet

Offline WA Tiger

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2009, 04:44:25 PM »

That is why we MUST take Martin!!
DIMMA - You will be held ACCOUNTABLE...

“We are really excited about what we have brought in. We have got great depth of players that can take us where we need to go. We are just putting some cream on the top at the moment,” he said.

"Rucks:
Shaun Hampson is the No.1 man"

Jackstar is back

« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2009, 05:01:31 PM »
Had a very injury interupted year this year
I really hope we keep him on, he's exactly the type of player the rookie list is for
He hasn't even had a good coach yet

Wallace ? LOL

Offline Infamy

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2009, 07:00:54 PM »
Well given Post's comments about only talking to Wallace a handful of times in his year at the club, it wouldn't surprise me if someone on the rookie list in Gourdis didn't speak to him at all

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2009, 07:42:54 PM »

Butcher's goalkicking stats over the past 2 years would dispute all the internet talk. A couple of 'poor' games in front of the sticks and he's suddenly being classed as a hack. We'll see on draft day as if he was as bad as internet wannabees on BF make him out to be he'll end up being totally overlooked in the National draft like Gourdis was.

Gourdis is in the Duncan Kellaway category as a kick.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Jackstar is back

« Reply #102 on: October 10, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »
Shouldnt be on an AFL list, pretty simple.
we hold on to players on hope.
We need to take a tougher stand
If they cant make an impact from day one, show them the door.
You look at young players from other clubs, eg Hurley etc etc And they make an impacy from day 1.
We give them years and then make a call there not up to it :banghead

Might also add, Patto and Putt should be shown the door, if they already havent been told

Offline Danog

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #103 on: October 10, 2009, 11:10:16 PM »
Did Cox make an immediate impact?  Did Riewoldt make an immediate impact?  Did Ablett make an immediate impact?

Get your head out of your ass, Jackstar.  This is what the rookie list is for.

Offline big tone

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #104 on: October 10, 2009, 11:51:12 PM »
Did Cox make an immediate impact?  Did Riewoldt make an immediate impact?  Did Ablett make an immediate impact?

Get your head out of your ass, Jackstar.  This is what the rookie list is for.
Patto and Putt are not on the rookie list and as Jackstar said they should both be gone, as for Goo, he is worse than both. Ta ta!