Author Topic: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?  (Read 14471 times)

T2

Re: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2008, 11:33:15 PM »
you guys might like it but you better get used to it

terry will be the coach under most pressure in 08

the best way to stop it? win some games

if he doesnt watch out

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2008, 06:45:15 PM »
The Club held its nerve with Spud so you expect it to do so with Plough. Off-field the Club is now stable and financially profitable.

The club was forced to do so with Spud MT after the idiot from Qld decided to spit on him at the race and a couple of other incidents with the supporter pointing at him at the race who went on the footy show and the guy who accosted him at the SCG. It gave Spud a vote of symapthy in the media after a string of poor performances.
If the media start winding up the feral instinct of some of our fans we might find that things unfortunantely get out out of hand with the fans and thus force the club to hold off on making a final decision until things ease slightly. That is if things go awry on field and of course we are all hopng they don't. :pray
You would hope it would never to that stage again where one or two idiots give the rest of us a bad name.

I don't think the Club wants the stigma of sacking another coach even though we've only had one change of coach over the past 9 years. Miller and March have always been big on stability.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline blaisee

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2008, 08:08:39 PM »
wait till it really cranks up before the season :whistle, have been told by a couple of journo friends that Terry is in for a torid time this year, my journo mates reckon they know what buttons to push to get a reaction from the RFC and the supporters.

Cant wait as i reckon TW will be fired up this year. :thumbsup

Have said this before, The RfC is very lucky to have TW to take the punishment that he has and will in the future . A long term plan has been activated and thankfully short term results will not influence the direction of the board.

For the first time since the  70s the board is being run by professionalls. SW is a genuine gun. Right up there with swann

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2008, 08:12:14 PM »
i agree in some way but my thoughts on TW have never altered. He has wasted 2 years of that 5.
If he was so big on a plan, this that then he should've had the expierience to do it from the start, not after round 1 this year.
Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Little Jackie

« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2008, 09:17:23 PM »
Kent Kingsley ring a bell anyone :chuck
Trading a top pick for Jordon McMahon, oh yeah, Terry has a plan ::)
He is planning to join the unemployment queue come end of August. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2008, 10:00:10 PM »
Hmmm..... plans...

Trading for Graham Polak - that was stupid  :banghead - no plan there

taking Goudis in the pre-season instead of re-cycled - no hint of a plan there

Nope cannot see a plan anywhere  ::)

Now Little Jack before you start on the Kent Kinsgley thing (again) - 2 words Mark Graham - same thing except Graham didn't get injured. The Graham thing worked the Kinsgley thing didn't. He was only ever insurance nothing more nothing less

i agree in some way but my thoughts on TW have never altered. He has wasted 2 years of that 5.
If he was so big on a plan, this that then he should've had the expierience to do it from the start, not after round 1 this year.

I reckon he has been pretty clear from day 1 with what he was trying to do with the list and wanting to develop our own players. From the day he arrived to now there are only a handful  in the list that remain and the vast majority that have come along have been youngster, even McMahon is only 23-24.

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline rogerd3

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2008, 11:15:01 PM »
Hmmm..... plans...

Trading for Graham Polak - that was stupid  :banghead - no plan there

taking Goudis in the pre-season instead of re-cycled - no hint of a plan there

Nope cannot see a plan anywhere  ::)

Now Little Jack before you start on the Kent Kinsgley thing (again) - 2 words Mark Graham - same thing except Graham didn't get injured. The Graham thing worked the Kinsgley thing didn't. He was only ever insurance nothing more nothing less

I reckon he has been pretty clear from day 1 with what he was trying to do with the list and wanting to develop our own players. From the day he arrived to now there are only a handful  in the list that remain and the vast majority that have come along have been youngster, even McMahon is only 23-24.

way too much sense in this post for some WP.

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2008, 12:42:50 AM »
all im saying u fruitloops is wallace may have a plan now because its all gone to poo but that wasnt the case when he got here.
he didnt study the list hard enough cause if he did he would've pulled a hawthorn and recruited young from the outset. graham, KK etc etc
if what u say is right then why the hell didnt he take rookies instead of them. Ill tell you why, In KK's case he was a top up cause we finished 9th he thought maybe he will get us into the 8. well wrong he was.

U guys r blinded by god knows what. He maybe on the right track now but he has a lot to prove before i concede he is right man behond 2008

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #23 on: January 09, 2008, 12:53:32 AM »
Ive said it before i dont think anyone can do anything different than what he is doing right now.

To be honest i would rather see wallace see out his contract than KJ be captain for another year. Without a stronger leader we cannot be competetive and that is a fact.

Ox

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2008, 07:41:39 AM »
you guys might like it but you better get used to it

terry will be the coach under most pressure in 08

the best way to stop it? win some games

if he doesnt watch out

Thanks...

Offline wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2008, 10:04:19 AM »

Looking back on that PSD though, we missed out on some big names.... Chris Bryan, Cameron Cloke...there was also Matthew Clarke, he'd have been handy if we'd had known our ruckmen were all going to get injured, but he was only ever going to provide one year of service.

We didn't give up much for Kingsley, I'm not sure why it's always brought up.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2008, 05:54:58 PM »
I couldn't see Miller voting Wallace out of a job at board level.

Ive been to a few Presidents dinners where Miller has waxed lyrical about Wallace so much I just find it impossible to believe he'd pull the trigger.

Ive always backed Wallace, but i'm starting to get very uncomfortable with our list structure and lack of mongrel (ala his Dogs of the mid-late 90s) however Im sure the board won't pink slip him even with treble spoons.

Oh and Blaisees spot on with his assesment of Steve Wright.
He's the man!
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

T2

« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 06:11:07 PM »
all im saying u fruitloops is wallace may have a plan now because its all gone to pooh but that wasnt the case when he got here.
he didnt study the list hard enough cause if he did he would've pulled a hawthorn and recruited young from the outset. graham, KK etc etc
if what u say is right then why the hell didnt he take rookies instead of them. Ill tell you why, In KK's case he was a top up cause we finished 9th he thought maybe he will get us into the 8. well wrong he was.

U guys r blinded by god knows what. He maybe on the right track now but he has a lot to prove before i concede he is right man behond 2008

terry thought our list was capable of finals very early

oh how wrong he was  :rollin

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 06:30:19 PM »
only one thing comes after jack

its usually s h i t

jacks h i t

blx

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 07:47:49 PM »
only one thing comes after jack

its usually s h i t

jacks h i t

theres also the "little" that preceeds it too  :thumbsup