Author Topic: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?  (Read 14436 times)

Little Jackie

Re: Age Poll: Will Terry Wallace be coaching Richmond in 2010?
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 08:12:49 PM »
all im saying u fruitloops is wallace may have a plan now because its all gone to pooh but that wasnt the case when he got here.
he didnt study the list hard enough cause if he did he would've pulled a hawthorn and recruited young from the outset. graham, KK etc etc
if what u say is right then why the hell didnt he take rookies instead of them. Ill tell you why, In KK's case he was a top up cause we finished 9th he thought maybe he will get us into the 8. well wrong he was.

U guys r blinded by god knows what. He maybe on the right track now but he has a lot to prove before i concede he is right man behond 2008

terry thought our list was capable of finals very early

oh how wrong he was  :rollin

Correct

Little Jackie

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2008, 08:13:42 PM »
I couldn't see Miller voting Wallace out of a job at board level.

Ive been to a few Presidents dinners where Miller has waxed lyrical about Wallace so much I just find it impossible to believe he'd pull the trigger.

Ive always backed Wallace, but i'm starting to get very uncomfortable with our list structure and lack of mongrel (ala his Dogs of the mid-late 90s) however Im sure the board won't pink slip him even with treble spoons.

Oh and Blaisees spot on with his assesment of Steve Wright.
He's the man!

Treble spoons will mean pink slip

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2008, 08:26:01 PM »
all im saying u fruitloops is wallace may have a plan now because its all gone to pooh but that wasnt the case when he got here.
he didnt study the list hard enough cause if he did he would've pulled a hawthorn and recruited young from the outset. graham, KK etc etc
if what u say is right then why the hell didnt he take rookies instead of them. Ill tell you why, In KK's case he was a top up cause we finished 9th he thought maybe he will get us into the 8. well wrong he was.

U guys r blinded by god knows what. He maybe on the right track now but he has a lot to prove before i concede he is right man behond 2008

terry thought our list was capable of finals very early

oh how wrong he was  :rollin

Correct

So Little Jackie - you think there are alot of fruitloops on here too ::)

I don't think I am a fruitloop btw but....

He has been there 3 years and we have one of the youngest lists in the comp. Take out KK and Mark Graham and I reckon you'll find that all other players recruited have been under 24. Certainly at the national draft it's been teenagers, teenagers and more kids.

I
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2008, 08:48:31 PM »
To answer  WP,s question on fruitloops..
There are some. ;)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2008, 11:46:58 PM »
Ive always backed Wallace, but i'm starting to get very uncomfortable with our list structure and lack of mongrel (ala his Dogs of the mid-late 90s)

??? They had quite a few mongrels and lots of mongrel. They were probably the nastiest team going around back then.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

blx

« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2008, 08:14:19 AM »
Ive always backed Wallace, but i'm starting to get very uncomfortable with our list structure and lack of mongrel (ala his Dogs of the mid-late 90s)

??? They had quite a few mongrels and lots of mongrel. They were probably the nastiest team going around back then.

spot on. alot of their game was sheer tenacity. Southern, Dimma, Romero, Libba just off the top of my head.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2008, 04:17:02 PM »
They'd bite and scratch too.

Back to Plough, here's his recruits at the age they were first recruited. 37 in total with 24 of them teenagers and only three over 24 years old.

17: Lids, McGuane, JON
18: Tambo, Meyer, Patto, Polo, Limbach, Thursty*
Hughes, Casserly, White, A.Graham*
Jack, Edwards, Connors, Collins, Clingan*
Cotchin, Rance, Putt, Gourdis
19: Peterson, Collard*
20: Morton, Howat*
22: Polak, Cartledge*, Silvester*, King*, Humm*
24: McMahon, Knobel, P.Bowden
26: Simmonds
28: Kingsley
32: M.Graham

* - began as a rookie
red - gone
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2008, 04:43:53 PM »
bottom line is this.

3 spoons in 5 years is a disgrace i dont care what any of you say. train wreck train wreck that. who cares.

he has 5 years now just because we r the rfc why should we accept failure.

I wonder if malthouse and co would still be around if they delivered 2 spoons.

wallace is weak and its showing on the players. they have no balls much unlike his previous doggies.

i hope i am proving wrong but our players need to toughen the hell up because teams laugh at us when they see us in the fixture especially interstate ones.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: January 10, 2008, 07:02:25 PM »
bottom line is this.
You are so far removed from the bottom line it's scary.

i hope i am proving wrong
No need to worry, you will get your wish in spades!

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #39 on: January 10, 2008, 07:03:37 PM »
bottom line is this.

3 spoons in 5 years is a disgrace i dont care what any of you say. train wreck train wreck that. who cares.

When did we win a 3rd spoon :gobdrop

We are not Carlton for crying out loud :rollin

2007 (Wallace) = 16th
2006 (wallace) = 9th
2005 (wallace) = 12th
2004 (Spud)    = 16th
2003 (spud)    = 13th
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline Struggletown

• Premiership Captain
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2008, 08:56:29 PM »

:stupid
Errr.....I meant to say unlike and instead typed ala....... well picked out.

Its actually something I was really hoping to see in a Richmond side when TW was appointed as we've been so passive for so long now.
Drink,Drugs and Shagging models.
The rest l just wasted.
  George Best on where his millions went

Little Jackie

« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2008, 08:59:27 PM »
bottom line is this.

he has 5 years now just because we r the rfc why should we accept failure.

I wonder if malthouse and co would still be around if they delivered 2 spoons.

wallace is weak and its showing on the players. they have no balls much unlike his previous doggies.

i hope i am proving wrong but our players need to toughen the hell up because teams laugh at us when they see us in the fixture especially interstate ones.

Totally agree.
It was no surprise to me that the tiges won the spoon in 2007, knowing what I know.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
It was no surprise to me that the tiges won the spoon in 2007, knowing what I know.

Pardon my ignorance but from what I read in your posts you don't seem to know much at all.  I understand that you claim to be someone with access to the inner sanctum but from my perspective you come across as someone very bitter about some (perceived?) personal injustice and now carry a huge chip on your shoulder about all things Richmond.  If you made even a small attempt to back up your claims with just a tiny shred of factual evidence then maybe I could believe, but.........!  Maybe you really support another team and you just come here to troll???????????

Little Jackie

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2008, 10:27:09 PM »

Pardon my ignorance but from what I read in your posts you don't seem to know much at all.  I understand that you claim to be someone with access to the inner sanctum but from my perspective you come across as someone very bitter about some (perceived?) personal injustice and now carry a huge chip on your shoulder about all things Richmond.  If you made even a small attempt to back up your claims with just a tiny shred of factual evidence then maybe I could believe, but.........!  Maybe you really support another team and you just come here to troll???????????

Just Private message me,.only happy to tell you

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2008, 10:43:13 PM »
The Club at the end of 2004 thought there would be a chance of two finals windows - a short-term one 2008-9 containing our current senior players and a longer-lasting one (2011+). I think they realise now the first window was never going to happen (our senior players are too few and many not good enough or on the wrong side of their prime). The focus is now making sure the resources are there to develop a new core and a list with depth that is good enough to challenge from 2011 onwards. 
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd