Author Topic: "I saw the wooden spooners on the weekend - Richmond": Buckley  (Read 2826 times)

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
"I saw the wooden spooners on the weekend - Richmond": Buckley
« on: February 18, 2008, 07:18:02 PM »
They are in Richmond bashing mode today ::). This time Bucks on 3aw.

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: "I saw the wooden spooners on the weekend - Richmond": Buckley
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:20:23 PM »
Like his Pies set the world on fire over in Dubai. 81 points wasn't it Bucks  ::).
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:37:10 PM »
Like his Pies set the world on fire over in Dubai. 81 points wasn't it Bucks  ::).

At least the pies showed something in patches.
We showed zip!

Tigermonk

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 08:00:03 PM »
half teams & silly rules means nothing
round 1 will show the real results if the players are willing to play for the jumper
some of them lads wont even make the top 30 so dont threat
dont lose ya balls over a practice match where the players are told to just loosen up & get a feel of whats required
dont do anything silly to get injured thats gunna hurt the club come the main season
heard it all before from the mouths of the horses troting
RFC is happy its out of the NAB night series let the games begin
bring on Carlscum

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:16:31 PM »
we showed a bit in patches, cass, newman, petts, brown, moore king foley lids morton all showed they are in for good yrs

and btw if bucks says he saw the wooden spooners he is right, 2007 was our spoon yr.

on the w/e i also saw the premiers play , geelong

bucks, overrated wank.

if it wasnt for th emedia and eddie he would not be rated and btw, he never deserved that brownlow

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:41:05 PM »

At least the pies showed something in patches.
We showed zip!
Despite playing totally crap we were undeservedly in the game for 3 quarters. The Pies were gone 10mins into the 2nd and showed sweet bugger all. In any case basing season predictions on one round of the NAB cup is ludicrous.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Ramps

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:48:22 PM »
The best thing to happen for our clubs future is a 16th place finish with the first 2 picks in the national draft.

Offline bluey_21

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Road Runner
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 09:02:26 PM »
The best thing to happen for our clubs future is a 16th place finish with the first 2 picks in the national draft.

that's the spirit ::)

Ramps

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 09:17:06 PM »
in AFL the only thing that counts is the flag, finishing 2nd is as bad as last, infact 2nd is worse than last because of the draft. We need more talent because we havent got enough. Thats the reality of our position in my humble opinion.

Offline WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 10:16:17 PM »
Despite playing totally crap we were undeservedly in the game for 3 quarters. The Pies were gone 10mins into the 2nd and showed sweet bugger all. In any case basing season predictions on one round of the NAB cup is ludicrous.

Exactly :thumbsup

we showed a bit in patches, cass, newman, petts, brown, moore king foley lids morton all showed they are in for good yrs

Spot on xXx

Poor old Naffan needs to take a reality pill. Richmond were terrible and there is no hope. The Pies were abysmal and it's just a blip. Give me a break...  :banghead

And if you want to see a team that has a distinct lack of leadership look at Collingowwd at the minute - who is going to captain them ;) ;D
"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2008, 09:41:36 AM »
in AFL the only thing that counts is the flag, finishing 2nd is as bad as last, infact 2nd is worse than last because of the draft. We need more talent because we havent got enough. Thats the reality of our position in my humble opinion.

Mate 16 th 15 th 14 th whatever, I would take a GF Berth anyday.
Actually I would give my right nut just to see us in a final at the moment.

Get your point tho

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2008, 10:01:58 AM »

Exactly :thumbsup

Spot on xXx

Poor old Naffan needs to take a reality pill. Richmond were terrible and there is no hope. The Pies were abysmal and it's just a blip. Give me a break...  :banghead

And if you want to see a team that has a distinct lack of leadership look at Collingowwd at the minute - who is going to captain them ;) ;D

one thing i really hated about buckley is that during his career he blasted the crap out of his players when disposal was bad to him, or errors were made, he sooked whinged whined and remonstated more and worse than richo, but the media and to eddie protected this tools image and lack of leadership

and i was there friday night
we were crap, but we for many/major parts of the game domintaed clearance , hard ball, and general play. decision making and skill errors killed us as usual

lets hope that by rnd one these defficiencies are sorted out

Offline Son of Dad

• Future Richmond star
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2008, 12:38:16 PM »
yes Nathan you did see the 2007 wooden spooners on Friday night ;D

nothing nostradamus like there from buckley, he has seen the worst team from the year before play like crap and predicted this, any footballer worth their salt puts very little credence to pre-season performance especially in a farcical competition such as the NAB. He could very well be right, but smells of someone trying to become the next big expert in the broadcast media making such predictions in the first week of the pre-season.

disappointing to see some of the same old crap on fri, but there was stuff in there that was very heartening but it's sometimes hard for people to see that when you are used to rubbish performance

richmondrules

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 01:17:00 PM »
Can't be too upset with commentators commentating. It's up to us, or more accurately the team, to shut these peoples mouths with solid performances on the field, something they have not done. Let people like Buckley say what they like because they will whether we like it or not. Getting all worked up about it serves no purpose and it is something we as supporters have no control over. He's got to say something, it's what he's paid to do. Taking pot shots at us is easy, safe, takes little imagination or brain and, lets face it, justified when looking at recent history.

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 01:33:06 PM »
In any case basing season predictions on one round of the NAB cup is ludicrous.
Yep.  Says a lot about those that do.  :shh