Author Topic: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age  (Read 14492 times)

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
Re: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2008, 05:00:23 AM »

sorry i take it all back. i must have been so wrong....

Very noble of you to concede.  ;D

One person has stated they "totally agree" with you. If you send that person your opinion via pm you'll never have to worry about getting precious and resorting to crap like "u must be on something" when anyone disagrees with you or points out holes in your argument.  :-*

u keep believing that pal wont u.
accept the facts buddy we are a group of skinny push overs who every team loves to play mainly because of this reason and a few more.
if i were coaching rfc all that needed to be said was lay some early pressure on them, kick some early goals and the game is ours for the taking.
apart from a few really good players who try their gutz out we r a weak unit and until i see some fighting spirit this year not that spineless crap i saw last year i will be convinced we have got worse since last year.

round 1 ill see what these players are really in it for.
THE RFC OR THEIR PAY PACKET...time will tell!!!

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2008, 08:41:46 AM »

accept the facts buddy we are a group of skinny push overs who every team loves to play mainly because of this reason and a few more.
Ok, now you want to deal with facts. Suits me.

We're a skinny side because we've got so many kids on the list, a lot of them in the senior side due to the lack of 24 to 27 year olds. Wallace has recruited 26 kids since becoming coach. You can't turn them all into hulks in 3 or less years.
Wallace commented on the lack of conditioning the players had when he took over. Players like Bowden, Hyde, Newman and Moore have noticeably bulked up since then.

Here's a fact. Thursfield had stress fractures in his back. This leads to another fact. Greg Miller was telling you the truth about Thursfield not being able to put on size due to a bad back.

It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Offline {X}

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2008, 09:24:35 AM »
just a question, how the heck does someone play footy with stress fractures in his back?

does he still have stress fractures, or did he have them and has rcovered?

if his back has recovered, there is no reason why he cannot train with weights to put on muscle mass, if they say he cant gain weight due to stress fractures they are fos. if he had them, he would not be playing a collision sport such as afl.

now assuming his back is fine now, then he is right to tarin hard wih weights

butthey dont want him too, theywant him to stay as he is because he is not a body on body full back, he is a defeder that uses his closing speed, great reach  and timing to spoil and defend. they fear if he baulks up he will lose his agility and speed , thus their is no point in him getting massive as power feds are a dying breed.

good footy players are smart footy players.

we have seen joel bowden own j brown a few times, now brown is much stronger and biggerbut joel knew how to play him and has done it well

we need bigger bodies in the guts, in the midfeild. guys who wont be pushed over and brushed aside so easily

Tigermonk

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2008, 09:38:36 AM »
our players have always got some hidden injuries but somehow they still manage to run out in the top 22 on matchday
its just rubbish they spin to us week after week stop beleiving the rubbish the media king Wallace spins
simple fix it dont play injured players & there be no excuses & the younger players get a chance to make the step up
Richmond supporters will be happy there playing the draftees & when the senior players are fit then we be a better outfit
Problem is we aint going to be a better outfit till we get them experienced assistant coaches like over clubs  :rollin

Tigermonk

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2008, 09:45:45 AM »
Thursfield probably got a sore back when Sydneys Hall used him as a stop haha his so frail it shattered him X
he wouldnot be playing with a stress fracture to the back. he be laying very low.
even running laps would kill him he be injected like a racing horse
what happened to the tuff guy Conners he's gone backwards already  :rollin JON has taken his spot now thats class
Hall will smack him up this year if he gets a game against Sydney his braggng days are over  :lol

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2008, 09:51:32 AM »

Ok, now you want to deal with facts. Suits me.

We're a skinny side because we've got so many kids on the list, a lot of them in the senior side due to the lack of 24 to 27 year olds. Wallace has recruited 26 kids since becoming coach. You can't turn them all into hulks in 3 or less years.
Wallace commented on the lack of conditioning the players had when he took over. Players like Bowden, Hyde, Newman and Moore have noticeably bulked up since then.

Here's a fact. Thursfield had stress fractures in his back. This leads to another fact. Greg Miller was telling you the truth about Thursfield not being able to put on size due to a bad back.

thursfield okay ill let that one pass. ur right there
yeah newman and bowden are hulks arent they?
schulz, hyde, petts, wow they are massive??

mate there is a development issue at Punt road, i dont know whose fault it is but u can deny it all u want.
i often ask myself will some of the players on our list be better at other clubs and the answer is yes.
so obviously we arent developing them as we should be it in size or mental strength.
they are weak on the field and it shows. i want to see some fear in opposition teams when we walk onto the field and dont tell me it comes with time. time is what we have been using as an excuse since 1983.

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2008, 10:21:14 AM »
u keep believing that pal wont u.....
......accept the facts buddy

Quote from: daniel
mate
pal, buddy, mate..... you're a very friendly fellow, aren't you Daniel?

However, trying to argue in a logical manner with fishfinger is, for you, like stepping into the lion's den.

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2008, 10:47:48 AM »

mate there is a development issue at Punt road, i dont know whose fault it is but u can deny it all u want.

There was a development issue. Doubt you'd get an argument from anyone there. Certainly not from me.
I don't think there is an issue any longer. Specifically, since Wallace took over. Yet to be proven but I think it will be. I know you said you don't want me to tell you this - it comes with time.  :)

Only 2 kids out of 26 drafted since Wallace took over are gone (Limbach & Peterson).
That says to me that development is in full swing and going ok. Up until the end of 2007, every player on the senior list except Collins and Casserly had played in the senior side.

Bugger all kids were drafted in the 3 years previous to Wallace arriving. It'll take longer 3 years, and that's just the oldest batch from the 2004 draft (who seem to be coming along pretty well), to fairly judge our development success under Wallace.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Online Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2008, 11:31:28 AM »

mate

However, trying to argue in a logical manner with fishfinger is, for you, like stepping into the lion's den.

well if its not gordon bennett my long time nemesis
ill argue with anyone on this forum dont u worry about that champ, and fish mckernan's is the least of my concerns

Offline wayne again

• Jack Dyer medallist
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2008, 11:40:44 AM »
 I HAVE BECOME COMFORTABLY NUMB !! :thumbsup :rollin :rollin 8)

Offline julzqld

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • For We're From Tigerland
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2008, 12:49:35 PM »
Where's the article "Gloomy outlook at .... (wherever Collingwood are based)".  They can't even win a practice game.

Online wayne

• Fame of Hall
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • In Absentia
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2008, 01:00:27 PM »
Where's the article "Gloomy outlook at .... (wherever Collingwood are based)".  They can't even win a practice game.

We're coming off a spoon, they were 5 points off playing in a Grand Final.

We don't have any respect, and we don't deserve any.
And you may not think I care for you
When you know down inside that I really do

Ox

« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2008, 01:14:45 PM »
This is my take on things.

In any world we should have beaten a 1/2 strength st kilda.

The general interpretation of such is we have either not progressed or gotten worse.
Both negatives.
Very hard to swallow as a follow up to the last couple of years,in fact,i refuse to.
Who cares that we beat s hitty melb.
They still choked when they had to play in front of a real audience v saints.

And u can flikc that modelling image crap off too.
Someone on BF said we should shave their heads - I agree.
Little fag mentality happening down there or what?
Geez Geez!

Its as though they can make as much money not playing footy nowdays if they die their hair and cut up(they think)

Just more disappointment.

My patience has gone and i want blood if they(players) dont show commitment to the cause.

F ukc off Tivendale and Johnson too.

Its not like theyre gonna make a diference

Offline Mr Magic

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2008, 01:57:33 PM »
Tambling will have a very good season this year. Very good. :thumbsup

Gordon Bennett

« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2008, 02:30:41 PM »

mate

ill argue with anyone on this forum dont u worry about that champ

I've noticed that, pal/buddy/mate/champ.

Daniel...lion's den...think about it  :D