Author Topic: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age  (Read 14768 times)

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
Re: Gloomy outlook on Punt Road horizon - The Age
« Reply #120 on: March 01, 2008, 04:11:35 AM »
Yep let's forget aout those 1 in 50 year failures  ;D.

Let's get back to the topic of silly journos who write drivel  :wallywink.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #121 on: March 01, 2008, 09:07:58 AM »

How anyone can call themselves a Richmond supporter and then try and sell the Collingwood story is beyond me.  :o
[/quote]
Totally agree, :clapping  Merely by being collingwood, it makes us better than them, it doesnt have to make sense, doesnt need to be backed up by facts...we just are! ;)
 :gotigers

Offline cub

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • "Tigertime!"
    • bantigertrade
« Reply #122 on: March 01, 2008, 09:29:38 AM »
True it all comes down to premierships and on that count we don't win.
But if we are going back to around the time of the 'forgotten' war may as well chuck Melbourne into the equation as well ....  ROFLrealhard

And as for trying to interpret my original post ..... I was ROFLinhysterics @ a cretin individual saying Thomas is more exciting than LIDS ... ROFLtillheadfallsoff

If you go and watch any Skunks game that Richmond is not playing in - Well it speaks for itself really - ROFLiwouldn't watch a skunk game even if I had J Hawkins in the box with me ... well maybe 1 but I wouldn't be watching the match then would I .....

ROFLSkunkinthecloset  :rollin

Tigermonk

« Reply #123 on: March 01, 2008, 01:06:15 PM »
well l watch alot of football at many levels & have a outlook on football in general other than just being a Richmond supporter who blanks everything out cause there team is the best when in real fact we raking in the wooden spoons while clubs play finals & then blame it on the rebuilding process which other clubs seem to go about year after year a rebuilding process that should have started when Wallace arrived not 3 years after the fact
l dont give a stuff what any of you think of me l been a member of Richmond before alot of you were born & l wear my colours even when attending other games & not ashamed to sit among a group of other club supporters & mingle as long as it aint Joffa & his wacko friends
l dont hawk around the club & players collecting autographs like some & selling it on ebay to make money to support themselves on the side :lol  :rollin
& if you think your correct when clearly the stats show over 100 years that the Skunks are a far more achieved club then us then you mentally wacko they have made more grand finals than our club so what if they won 1 in 50 years. how many Grand Finals have they played in since 1950 compared to us
the total is Collingwood 17 to Richmond 7 maybe that gets you away from the 1930's of Collingwood power days but also brings us into Richmonds power days yet they still out number us by 10 grand final appearances that clearly show the better club
you cant fight me on this one cause they are official figures not mine so there you go if you want to debate it more your wacko & simply cant see past your black & yellow & have no outlook on football in general  :whistle :whistle

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #124 on: March 01, 2008, 01:10:41 PM »
Having a look around here.........hmmmmm yep, we are at the ONE-EYED RICHMOND website :whistle

Tigermonk

« Reply #125 on: March 01, 2008, 01:26:38 PM »
if you dont like the thread 2JD then skip it instead of being a DH

Offline 2JD

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2008, 01:54:36 PM »
I love the thread ;D you're funny :lol

Moi

« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2008, 02:25:57 PM »
you cant fight me on this one cause they are official figures not mine so there you go if you want to debate it more your fooled & simply cant see past your black & yellow & have no outlook on football in general  :whistle :whistle
I can fight you on this because I DON'T WANT TO SEE PAST THE YELLOW AND BLACK.
No other club exists in my book
Jack's luv for the Bombers and yours the Pies, well good for both of you.
But it's only the Yellow and Black for me.
Always has been and always will be
And I don't need an overall outlook on the whole comp to be happy
Happy with what I've got
As far as I'm concerned, if the Pies had 100 premierships and we had none, the Tiges will always be the greatest club to me.
Cos it's in my blood and no amount of brainwashing could ever change that.

:gotigers :gotigers :gotigers :gotigers

Offline Smokey

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #128 on: March 01, 2008, 03:08:20 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, if the Pies had 100 premierships and we had none, the Tiges will always be the greatest club to me.
Cos it's in my blood and no amount of brainwashing could ever change that.
:clapping :gotigers :clapping

Hellenic Tiger

« Reply #129 on: March 01, 2008, 04:29:21 PM »
Since 1950 here are the facts Nobody can't lie about because they are the premierships that all teams strive for. Not runners ups not thirds not fourths not nothing else just premierships.

Adelaide   2
Brisbane/ Fitzroy  3
Cheating Lying Navy Blue Scumbuckets  8
COLLINGWOOD    3
Essendon  8
Fremantle 0
Geelong    3
Hawthorn  9
Melbourne 6
North Melb 4
Port Adelaide 1
RICHMOND   5
St Kilda 1
Sydney/ Sth Melbourne 1
West Coast Eagles 3
Footscray/ Westen Bulldogs 1

Now TM just to come in and clear a few things up champ, facts also state that we are the worst performed club since 1983 no one on this forum in their right mind can shy away from that and yes it hurts me and it hurts, but the Richmond Football Club is our family for better or worse and as members supporters followers it is our choice to support them going to the footy week in week out, reading the paper, coming on to the forum to make our comments and what not. I may admire other clubs for what they do or have done or what they are doing now but they are not my club and I care ONLY about the frustrating way we go about things how long it will take to rectify this frustration and field a team that will make the opposition shriek in fear. Yet despite these shortcomings I was born in 1974 and only experienced ultimate success when I was still knee high to a grasshopper and even though success has been fleeting which by no way is good enough for any one who has yellow and black in them there is no way I would change. It is loyalty. Most people would be loyal to their own blood before showing loyalty to someone else. Yes being the butt of jokes and having to sit through some of the crap served up over the years has been galling painful and yes embarassing but that is the anguish and joys of supporting a footy club. Would you rather be a Saint who have 11 years on us in the AFL have a competitive team with stars on every line that may come close but will ultimately fail because statistically they have won 1 flag in 100 years and have history against them as wll as a tendency to injure themselves with self inflicted wounds  also, or would you rather be a Magpie and have the full house every week as that is the experience they want to sell to the nuff nuffs each week as it is easier to promote Pies v Dogs at the Dome rather than the Pies winning the Grand Final? Not me. Or would you be a Carlscum supporter where just about every flag they have won except the Collingwood Grand Finals has had some sort of controversy belittling it. Now is that a way to live to turn a blind eye to misappropriation and embrace a hollow victory to fill a void in your life that would otherwise be empty?That's why 1982 hurts so so so much because the streaker virtually changed the game when we had momentum, yet it defined for them a back to back success and us a fall into the abyss. The contrasts could not be starker. However, I would never betray my footy club club. I LOVE THEM. Some things just should not be tampered with. You can change your house, car, clothes, spouse,nationality, religion, gender, sexual orientation but you can never change your footy team. It just does not happen. All I hope is that a few of the boys at this great proud traditional and battling club of ours are a little green with envy of the Geelong's Brisbane's Port's, Swannies of this league and have a burning desire to emulate them and although we are black and yellow they play with no yellow in them.
I love my footy club but I will never ever let anyone get away with telling me that we are not the best club its all part of our character and that is something advertising and all this corporitisation can never dictate for us. If you want flashy lights and jingles go to the Pies but the substance will be lacking. After all we were nowhere from 1943-66 yet won 5 flags in 14 years. A handful of flags in the next 10 years will more than eclipse a generation of losing. I am sure most people on this forum will forgive the club if that took place and think differently in relation to our position in the pecking order of clubs.
RICHMOND FOREVER

And just a general question and off the top of your head as a test for everyone. Who swam second and third to Kieren Perkins in Barcelona 92 and Atlanta 96? See you may know the 2nd because he was an Aussie place getter but not the third. Winners are the ones who are really remembered not also rans. Collingwood can make all the finals series they like compared to us. Its flags that emulate you to hero worship not pf losses or gf losses.
Somewhere along the way Collingwood have got it wrong hence their mediocrity. :thumbsup
Football knowledge we all have to some sort of extent TM because we follow it and we love a club that competes in it . Some of us have more knowledge about footy than others. The application of this footy knowledge is what separates learned opinions from opinions that can be influenced from external surroundings. :thumbsup
I know who of the two footy knowledge categories I am. :thumbsup
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 05:17:00 PM by Hellenic Tiger 74 »

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #130 on: March 01, 2008, 04:53:46 PM »
 :bow  :bow  :bow

After all we were nowhere from 1943-66 yet won 5 flags in 14 years. A handful of flags in the next 10 years will more than eclipse a generation of losing. I am sure most people on this forum will forgive the club if that took place and think differently in relation to our position in the pecking order of clubs.
:pray

RICHMOND FOREVER
You bet  :thumbsup  :gotigers

All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Tigermonk

« Reply #131 on: March 01, 2008, 07:41:22 PM »
Nice post HT74  :clapping
l hope your right & we do pull off a few premierships in the next 10 years cause l wont be around much longer
l maybe dead then from tiger torture
l still cant see us getting out of this rut until we can improve our skills by foot & hand & awareness
& someone has to teach Richo to handle the preasure of setshots & blockout the taunts or we going nowhere

Offline Francois Jackson

• RFC Hall of Fame
« Reply #132 on: March 02, 2008, 01:14:07 AM »
Nice post HT74  :clapping
l hope your right & we do pull off a few premierships in the next 10 years cause l wont be around much longer
l maybe dead then from tiger torture
l still cant see us getting out of this rut until we can improve our skills by foot & hand & awareness
& someone has to teach Richo to handle the preasure of setshots & blockout the taunts or we going nowhere

who cares about the pies 50 years ago or even 10 years ago. stuff them and their history..
one thing is right as we speak right now.
they r better coached and the players are better managed than ours.
really their list is pathetic. lets be honest its average at best and they had players missing last year and still made the 8. so i ask myself why can they do it and we cant?

answer is simple. terry wallace, kane johnson, brian royal are weak as pis. and are bringing down the rest of the team with them. They dont instill discipline and leadership into this team and win at all costs mentality. Until we see this fighting spririt weather we r playing at the punt road oval, g or subiaco we will be on the bottom.
its not always about winning, its about fighting the jumper and having the ticker every time u step foot on the field, and sadly our players lack this, with the exception of richo and a few others.

Currently a member of the Roupies, and employed by the great man Roup.

Offline one-eyed

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One-Eyed Richmond
Jumping at shadows (The Age)
« Reply #133 on: March 02, 2008, 02:47:48 AM »
The Age has changed its tune in a fortnight

Jumping at shadows
Peter Hanlon | March 1, 2008

Have the doubters made the call too early on Terry Wallace and his Tigers?

TIS the pre-season to be jolly, if you've won a game or two when they all said you'd be rubbish. 'Tis the pre-season to be worried, if you've seen a quarter of footy, your mob looks even slower than last year and you still haven't got a key forward. 'Tis the pre-season to be excited, if you've seen something in a rookie or two that will come in handy when someone does a knee in June.

'Tis the pre-season to be dismissive, if you've been belted first-up; the rules are a joke, we only care about playing the kids, it's all right as long as they stick to the program, it's all about being ready for round one. 'Tis the pre-season to be disheartened, if you're a Tiger. Again.

With every passing summer, the pre-season becomes more of a silly season. Supporters are starving; months have passed with only meagre scraps of drafts, split times and community camps to sate them. Then suddenly there's football being played again, and shadows are jumped at like sweets tossed from carnival floats.

Full article at: http://www.realfooty.com.au/news/general/jumping-at-shadows/2008/03/01/1204227048471.html?page=fullpage#contentSwap1

Tigermonk

« Reply #134 on: March 02, 2008, 11:19:05 AM »
Practices matches are just that Practice & getting a feel trying out game plans
yes it good to get excited about but all clubs these days save it for the premiership season