Author Topic: Richmond has the 2nd fewest 22-27 year olds  (Read 3956 times)

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
Re: Richmond has the 2nd fewest 22-27 year olds
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2008, 11:27:25 PM »

Which of our developed youngsters do you want me to look for.??
JON ? Hughes ?   I will have to find a coburg tape then
Ashley Hansen was playing WAFL reserves in his 2nd year on West Coast's list.
How do you reckon his development went or does your spin on development get more than 2 years at other clubs but not at Richmond?

You say Tippett was injured as though it's a positive yet for Meyer and Casserly it's a negative.  ???

Tippett may well be a star. What has he done so far though in his zero games that makes you pump him up?
(Mark Pitura starred in the 93 pre-season comp).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, 11:48:47 PM by Fishfinger »
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Little Jackie

« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2008, 11:28:22 PM »
$$$$ nothing to do with it.
How can you explain then, McGarth, Gilmour and Petersen not having a career at punt road ??

Little Jackie

« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2008, 11:31:19 PM »

Ashley Hansen was playing WAFL reserves in his 2nd year on West Coast's list.
How do you reckon his development went or does your spin on development get more than 2 years at other clubs but not at Richmond?

You say Tippett was injured as though it's a positive yet for Meyer and Casserly it's a negative.  ???

Tippett may well be a star. What has he done so far though in his zero games that makes you pump him up?
(Mark Pitura starred in the 95 pre-season comp).

If you beleive that Danny Meyer is the future for the RFC, good luck!

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
  • Better to ignore a fool than encourage one
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »
$$$$ nothing to do with it.
How can you explain then, McGarth, Gilmour and Petersen not having a career at punt road ??

Jack I agree they are on huge money

But you said

On a serious note, yes.
The club knows what can happen taking players from other states and putting them in a different world. And I am aware of the full story in this case, as well as Alex Gilmour and others.
Żes, the club is too balme. They are only kids earning a huge salary

You cannot blame the CLub solely for the likes of Marty McGarth or Alex Gilmour no longer being on an AFL list. A club can only do so much and each individual needs to take some responsibility for their behaviour. They didn't and they got the flick. Alex Gilmour was given the option of remaining at the Club with a guarantee of being rookied and he chose not to take the offer - was that the Clubs fault? No that was Gilmour's choice

As for Carl Peterson and I posted this on another thread - how would you or anyone else know what happened with him when you yourself admit that you are no longer at the Club. Another of your independant observers perhaps?

I will repeat - the 3 people you mention need to take some responsbility of their actions and accept that they themselves contributed to their own de-listings.

IMHO Jack for you to apportion ALL BLAME solely the RFC shows how biased you are in your negatvity to the Club

"Oh yes I am a dreamer, I still see us flying high!"

from the song "Don't Walk Away" by Pat Benatar 1988 (Wide Awake In Dreamland)

Little Jackie

« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2008, 11:53:30 PM »

All clubs including Richmond have a responsiblity to look after players.
Too draft players to a foreign state and home and not have them play a game or have a short career, the clubs have too take some blame if not all
Interesting article by Caro about the kid from geelong who walked out.
The club said tha they would of handled things differently today

Offline Fishfinger

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • You can't put brains in an idiot
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2008, 11:59:14 PM »

If you beleive that Danny Meyer is the future for the RFC, good luck!
That's not what I said.
I was pointing out inconsistencies about how you judge Richmond players compared to players of other clubs.

One thing you are consistent about is if anyone bags the club, no matter how much crap it is, you'll "agree 100%" or "totally agree". Facts don't matter, just the bagging.
It's 50 of one and half a dozen of the other - Don Scott

Tigermonk

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2008, 12:14:57 AM »
The club is solely to blame
They President & the board are the decision makers. who do you's think are running the club
they made many bad choices on recruiting, coaching & development & are paying dearly for there mistakes
it could take another 40 years to win another premiership or even another 10 to make the finals from years of bad judgements
Look at Melbourne, St-Kilda, Western Bulldogs, still suffering & not even close yet & some of you think we be playing finals in 2011
l dont think so

Offline mightytiges

• RFC Hall of Fame
  • Eat 'Em Alive!
    • oneeyed-richmond.com
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2008, 01:21:32 AM »
Why don't you start with Essendon?
You know, those fantasticly developed youngsters who our no good developed youngsters kicked the @rses of in round 21 last year in a game that meant so much to their club.

By memory, it was Lloyd and Hird who let the bombers down after half time.
And it was Richmond run and carry out of defence that won the game, Bowden and Raines by memory.
If you want, i will go and grab the tape an have a look
:rollin @ FF

Hird and Lloyd were ranked in the bombers' best 5 that night.

Patto had more disposals and hitouts than Hille.

Lids kicked butt.
All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be - Pink Floyd

Little Jackie

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2008, 08:24:05 AM »
Hird and Lloyd were judged by the media and not me.
Review of the game was that they put no defensive pressure on Richmonds backs thus the rebound and run and carry by the tiges.
Cant say much more.
The media know more than the club

Ox

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2008, 08:25:20 AM »

The media know more than the club

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2008, 10:36:46 AM »

All clubs including Richmond have a responsiblity to look after players.
Too draft players to a foreign state and home and not have them play a game or have a short career, the clubs have too take some blame if not all

So which is it? Some blame or all blame :banghead.

Agree clubs have a responsibility to look after players but fair dinkum they cannot monitor them 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Using your logic it would seem it is the fault of the WCE that Ben Cousins has a drug problem, the fault of the MFC & and Freo that Jeff Farmer has over the years gone around belting people, the fault of the Pies that Didak cannot handle drinking.... want me to go on

Marty McGarth is no longer on an AFL list because he would not give the comittment needed to his employer, examples turning up to training either late or in some cases when he felt like it, if at all. And you're saying this is all the Club's fault... MArty shouldn't take some of the responsibility or as you call it blame?

I'd love to work for you Jack becuase using you argument I could turn up to work when I liked, not do anything for the day but sit around reading the newspaper and it wouldn't have anything to do with me, the blame would lie solely with my employer because my behaviour irresponsible or otherwise would be their responsibility not mine.  ::) ::)

Where do I sign?

« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 10:58:48 AM by WilliamPowell »

Little Jackie

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2008, 11:26:37 AM »
When introducing a young person into an adults world, it is the responsabilty of the employer to ensure that they are educated and given correct induction programs to ensure they understand their requirements of employment.
In football terms, its the club responsabilty to have proper housing arrangements, and to have supervision to ensure the employees(players) dont go off the rails.
By the way, I have 22 direct reports in my place of employment and an induction program that esnures all employees work to a satisfactory standard.

Online WilliamPowell

• Administrator
  • RFC Hall of Fame
    • One Eyed Richmond
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2008, 12:33:06 PM »
When introducing a young person into an adults world, it is the responsabilty of the employer to ensure that they are educated and given correct induction programs to ensure they understand their requirements of employment.
In football terms, its the club responsabilty to have proper housing arrangements, and to have supervision to ensure the employees(players) dont go off the rails.

And the reality is whether you want to admit it or not is that despite all these programs and arrangements some players still go off the rails - to borrow your favourite phrase - FACT!

As I've said you cannot watch them 24/7 ::)

By the way, I have 22 direct reports in my place of employment and an induction program that esnures all employees work to a satisfactory standard.

And that is still no guarantee that they are all going to the right thing by their employer and if they don't I am sure you sack 'em

Please don't tell me you haven't had one emplyee in your time that hasn't turned out to be a dud

Little Jackie

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2008, 12:38:05 PM »
A few actually., but my employees arent elite sporting people at the higher end are they

Ox

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2008, 01:18:12 PM »
A few actually., but my employees arent elite sporting people at the higher end are they

but the operative word is "Employee"

Respective industries are irrelevant Jak.

lol